Sportstech SX600 Indoor Cycle Review
A highly innovative indoor cycle, the Sportstech SX600 is one of the most recommended magnetic spin bikes in the UK market, and for good reasons. With its exceptional, club-quality features, the Sportstech SX600 Elite indoor cycle bike might not be on the cheaper side, but then again, it has been designed to last for life under high-intensity use.
Best of all, the Sportstech SX600 exercise bike delivers exactly what it promises and several users across the web have claimed to have lost a staggering amount of weight after using this bike for just a short period of time. More importantly, though, this item is surprisingly easy to use, even for beginners. Extremely versatile, it can also help you lose hundreds of calories every day.
Featuring smart “electromagnetic” resistance makes the Sportstech SX600 the best of the best in its class. It is incredibly smooth and incredibly quiet and is wear- and tear-free. Not to mention it allows the programmes and apps to automatically change resistance to simulate the terrain you pick to ride. A single belt drive train makes the Sportstech spin bike SX600 require lower maintenance and very reliable system.
But these are just a fraction of what the Sportstech indoor cycling bike SX600 has to offer. Four-way adjustable handlebars, as well as seat, make it easy to find the right positioning for your body. Sportstech indoor cycle SX600 also include SPD pedals with quality bearings and cage integrated design for simple and secure foot placement.
As far as the LCD computer is concerned, the Sportstech indoor cycle SX600 is pretty unique featuring the Android operating system. Aside from plenty of other stats, you can see your RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) and power (Watts), which is very rare to find in this price class. On top of that, the Sportstech SX600 Elite indoor cycling bike features several preset programs, backlit, Bluetooth wireless with an open API for tablet and smartphone connectivity.
This is the part where I compare the Sportstech SX600 Elite with other spin bikes in the same price class and then tell you if it is a good value for the money. And since I am not paid to write the Sportstech SX600 review, rest assured I will be honest with you.
Currently (November 2020), there is no indoor bike in the UK market under 1100 Pounds that would give you watt tracking, smart resistance, Bluetooth, preset programs, 3-in-1 fully adjustable handlebars, SPD pedals, and a Professional German design/engineering.
So, if you can afford to buy the Sportstech SX600 spin bike, you won’t regret your decision. In addition to giving you an enjoyable workout, the Sportstech SX600 indoor cycle will last years, even if more than one person uses the bike daily. But if you can’t afford this model, I suggest you take to look at the SX500 cycle.
To make it easy for you to navigate through this detailed Sportstech SX600 review, I have created the table of content below.
- Technical Information
- SpeedBike SX600 specs
- Sportstech SX600 monitor, Bluetooth, and apps
- Pedals and Q-factor
- SpeedBike SX600 flywheel
- SX600 resistance system
- SpeedBike SX600 Dive system
- Handlebars and seat
- SX600 price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- Sportstech SX600 indoor cycle pros
- Sportstech SX600 indoor cycle cons
- Conclusion of the Sportstech SX600 spin bike
SpeedBike SX600 Specs:
- Height: 151cm
- Width: 61
- Length: 165
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Foot Levellers: Yes
- Bike Weight: 66-kg
- Max User Weight: 180-kg
- User Inseam: 5’5″ to 6’7″
- Shipping Weight: 75-kg (one box)
- Tablet Holder: Included
- Power source: Standard power plug
Featuring a relatively compact dimension and large flexible high-quality transport wheels, the Sportstech spinning bike SX600 is easier to store and move from one place to another in the house compared to ellipticals or treadmills.
The steel full-shroud frame and 180-kg user weight capacity indicate how sturdy the Sportstech SX600 bike is. Unlike cheap indoor cycling bikes, this Sportstech indoor cycle has heavy and large stabilisers to prevent rocking during intense exercise so you can concentrate on your pedal strokes.
Additionally, the Sportstech cycle SX600 has 4 adjustable foot levellers. They will help protect the floor and can be adjusted to keep the bike stable on uneven surfaces. The full-frame shroud not only makes the SX600 look great and protects the bike against corrosion, but it is also safer if you have kids at home.
But that is just a tiny part of what Sportstech indoor cycling bike SX600 has to offer. The Sportstech SX 600 is a light commercial bike, which means it is more durable than many home-use spin bikes. So, if your partner wants to use the bike, you don’t have to worry about excessive maintenance.
You can purchase the Sportstech spin bike SX600 for at-home use or for a light commercial setting such as office, hotel, etc. And as far as the inseam capacity goes, Sportstech indoor bike SX600 adjusts for most users thanks to its ergonomic design and fully customisable handlebars and seat.
Sportstech SX600 Monitor:
- Sportstech SX600 monitor displays the current resistance level, watt, RPM, time, calories, pulse, speed, and distance.
- The monitor is compatible with Sportstech wireless pulse straps for heart rate-based training.
- SX600 LCD monitor is 7-inch (non-touch), backlit and equipped with Android operating system.
- Sportstech SX600 has a standard Bluetooth connectivity but not ANT/+.
- The SX600 computer runs on the standard home power plug (not self-charging).
- Sportstech SX600 apps are Kinomap and Fitshow and it is free to track and save your workouts on these apps. (SX600 is not compatible with Zwift, Strava, Peloton, etc).
- Full access to the classes on the Kinomap requires a subscription: monthly €10, yearly €80, and the lifetime €200.
- The SpeedBike SX600 has a USB port to allow you to connect your MP3 device, iPod or flash drive and listen to music or watch videos on the bike’s computer (USB doesn’t charge devices nor allow upload/download of workouts).
- The SpeedBike SX600 has 12 preset programmes, 12 contest modes, 1 heart rate control, 3 countdowns, 1 Watt mode, 1 user programme.
- Note: The Sportstech SX600 apps and built-in programs can automatically change the resistance to simulate the uphill/downhill of the terrain.
- There is also a device holder on top of the SX600 fitness computer.
The SX600 console is compatible with wireless heart rate chest straps, allowing you to stay within target heart rate training zones as you workout. The strap is not included so you will need to buy the Sportstech strap separately.
The LCD monitor is large and colourful, which makes it really easy to see and track your spinning workout stats. Even more importantly, the Sportstech spin bike tracks many important spinning feedbacks, including the power output (watts) and the resistance level which comes really handy when following spinning classes. More than 90% of spin bikes don’t display the resistance level so you wouldn’t know which level you started and which one you are currently cycling in.
While it doesn’t have internal memory, it is equipped with the USB port for watching videos and listening to music, and Bluetooth connectivity for tracking workouts.
You can connect your phone/tablet to the bike and save your daily workouts on the compatible spinning Apps. They are free to use for tracking workouts but if you want to access spinning classes and cycling videos, you will need a subscription which is also really affordable.
Unlike other spinning apps that cost €300 to €400 a year, the Kinomap lifetime subscription costs €200. I recommend you to do a one-month subscription with the Kinomap App and see if you actually like the content before purchasing a lifetime subscription.
If you are interested in connecting the bike to popular spinning apps such as Zwift, you can always buy a pair of Bluetooth/ANT/+ “9/16″ power pedals” and enjoy the world of online cycling with pretty much any app in the industry. Good power pedals provide more accurate information regarding your workout than 98% of spin bike computers.
SX600 Pedals and Q-factor:
- Sportstech spinning bike SX600 comes with dual-sided SPD compatible pedals for clipless spinning shoes.
- It also has adjustable toe straps for a safe and comfortable ride with the regular gym shoes.
- The SX600 Q-factor is not disclosed but considering the professional German design, it is expected to be less than 180mm.
- Sportstech indoor cycle SX600 features the standard 9/16″ pedal thread.
- Durable 3-piece crank-set and pedals support all spinning positions.
Sportstech stationary bike SX600 features thick and solid crank arms and toe cage pedals. Thankfully the pedals are SPD compatible. So, if you want to use cycling shoes, you don’t need to spend more money to replace the pedals.
Additionally, the Sportstech SX600 indoor bike has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread size. So, in case you ever want to change the pedals, the replacements are widely available on the market.
The Q-factor, one of the most important features when buying indoor cycling bikes, is not disclosed. But considering the fact that every part of this Sportstech cycle is designed ergonomically correct with user comfort in mind, we believe it is less than 180mm, which is acceptable.
In case you are new to indoor cycling, the q factor is the horizontal distance between the two pedals. Wide q factors tend to keep riders’ feet too far apart which can cause injuries if you have narrow hips.
SpeedBike SX600 Flywheel:
- Sportstech SX600 flywheel weighs 26 kilograms, which is excellent for 360-degree pedal stroke.
- It is a machine balanced flywheel for extra smoothness.
- Flywheel has a full protection guard to prolong the life of bearings and resistance system, and to keep naughty fingers away.
- Sportstech indoor bike SX600 has a fixed-wheel system (bidirectional), not freewheel.
The SX600 flywheel is well built with its weight at 26 kg. This heavy-duty chrome-plated balanced flywheel provides a smooth ride with a large range of challenges to meet the needs of all indoor cyclists, including pros.
It is also fully shrouded, which makes it easy to clean and difficult to scratch. The polished steel flywheel and black/red frame match very well, making it look great in any room of the house.
Just like any other indoor cycling exercise bike under 1500 Pounds, the Sportstech SX600 exercise bike is fixed-wheel. Meaning the flywheel moves and stops with the pedals.
Freewheel bikes are more expensive. They work similarly to bicycles. Meaning even after you stop pedaling, the flywheel still turns. So, you can jump off the bike in case of emergency or take a few second brakes whenever you want, without having to wait for the flywheel to stop.
The good thing about fixed-gear spin bikes is that you can pedal with resistance in both directions and trigger different leg muscle groups for a more effective workout. In fact, some spin classes include reverse pedalling.
Aside from everything I have mentioned so far in this Sportstech indoor cycle SX600 review, one of the Sportstech SX600 pros is the rear-drive design that keeps the flywheel away from the sweat zone. Therefore, there is less to clean and this design ultimately helps the Sportstech indoor cycle SX600 have less maintenance.
SX600 Resistance System:
- Sportstech SX600 resistance is an electromagnetic system (precise and smart). The resistance level is also displayed on the monitor.
- There are 32 computerised levels of resistance to fulfil the needs of the most demanding riders in the industry.
- SpeedBike SX600 cycle allows the programs and apps to automatically change resistance (uphill/downhill) to mimic the terrain.
- SX600 can provide sufficient resistance for endurance as well as strength training.
- The resistance system along with the flywheel has a full sweat protection cover.
- The full-frame shroud protects the resistance system, drive and the flywheel when transporting the bike from one place to another.
The SX600 Cycle exercise bike from Sportstech Fitness has the industry’s best resistance system. Aside from being literally silent, it is precise, easy to change and provides a huge resistance range for all types of spinning workouts and rider fitness levels.
In case you are new to indoor cycling, there are three main types of resistance: friction (makes noise and wears out after a while), magnetic (silent and low-maintenance, and electromagnetic (silent, low-maintenance, and sometimes smart like in the SX600).
What it means with smart is that when you choose to ride on certain terrain or you choose to do heart rate control workouts, the resistance changes automatically based on the uphill/downhill of the terrain. When you decide to do heart rate-controlled workouts, you pick a maximum and minimum heart rate and the bike’s resistance changes automatically to make sure you don’t go below your minimum or above your maximum.
When buying the Sportstech SX600 cycle, you don’t need to worry about the quality or intensity of the resistance force. SX600 elite spin bike has 32 levels of resistance to make a challenging workout for all fitness levels. Another great feature of Sportstech SX600 Elite is that the current resistance is displayed on the monitor. So, there is no guesswork involved in your spinning routine.
There is also a full protection guard around the resistance to make sure the braking system stays dry and safe. Overall, it is consistent, powerful, low-maintenance, and virtually silent.
SpeedBike SX600 Drive System:
- Sportstech SX600 is a belt-driven spin bike.
- It is quiet, has no vibration, and requires little maintenance.
- SX600 features a high-quality belt for minimum maintenance and to prevent belt-slipping during intense exercise.
- Additionally, this bike has a toothed belt and toothed pulley (like vehicle engines). So, when you are off the saddle and pushing down with resistance, there is no slipping.
If you have been reading this Sportstech professional indoor cycle SX600 review from the beginning, you already know this spin bike is belt-driven. But let’s see why it is better than chain-driven bikes and what is the difference between the toothed belt and flat belt spin bikes.
Belt system doesn’t have hundreds of tiny rings, plates, and rollers like a chain do. Therefore, it doesn’t break easily and lasts longer. But that is not the only benefits of belt drive spin bikes.
Featuring the belt makes the bike quieter and eliminates the need for oiling. And if the belt is high-quality like the one used on the SX600, it doesn’t stretch. So, you don’t need to deal with adjustment tools every week.
The combination of belt and magnetic resistance makes the Sportstech SX600 a perfect bike for all types of environments including apartments. It eliminates the vibration and excessive noise that you would normally experience with the chain-drive friction-resistance bikes.
As for the comparison between the toothed belt and the flat belt, the toothed belt is the best, especially when it is combined with a toothed crank ring and a toothed rear pulley. Thankfully, the Sportstech SX600 test includes all these amazing features (toothed belt, crank, and pulley). So, the belt won’t slip on high resistance and you won’t lose power.
Handlebars and Seat:
- It offers multi-seat and handlebars adjustments for a comfortable spin workout.
- Sportstech SX600 seat is 4-way adjustable.
- The seat is also cushioned and has a narrow sport style to support all body types for long spinning sessions.
- In addition to up/down and fore/aft adjustment, there are also comfortable arm supports.
- SX600 is equipped with top-of-the-line 3-in-1 aero handlebars.
- SX600 spin bike features cam lever locking mechanism (more durable and easier to use than knob adjustment).
Designed for comfort, the SX600 features an adjustable seat and fully customisable handlebars that move fore and aft as well as up and down so that the majority of users can experience a safe custom fit.
And the full adjustment is the reason that makes the SX600 spin bike by Sportstech accommodate users from 5’1″ to 6’7″ tall. For extra comfort, there are also two nicely designed arm supports to allow you to enjoy different riding positions.
The cam lever locking system is relatively easier to adjust compared to the knob adjustment system. They also tighten nicely, so you don’t need to worry about the bike jostling during your indoor cycling workout.
The seat is soft and breathable with a cutout in the centre to keep you cool during summer rides. So, when you buy the Sportstech SX600 Speedbike spin bike, you don’t necessarily need a seat cover or seat replacement. But if you ever want to change the seat, the Sportstech SX600 spinning bike fits the standard seat clamp.
On top of these great details, the Sportstech SX600 Elite indoor cycle bike has the aero bars to allow a complete spinning workout. With the 3in1 sports steering wheel in aero-position, you get to feel like a real pro.
SX600 Price and Warranty:
- Sportstech SX600 price is around 1000 Pounds.
- SX600 SpeedBike residential warranty includes:
- Two years on the frame and all the parts
- You can send your inquiries to email@example.com. or call them directly at +49 (0)30 220 66 35 20
Depending on where you buy the Sportstech SX600 exercise bike, the price is different. On Amazon UK, you can purchase the Sportstech SX600 elite indoor cycle bike for under 1100 Pounds. However, some other third party retailers might have a higher price tag for this Speedbike SX600 spinning bike.
You may also find the Sportstech SX600 discounted sometimes, but that doesn’t happen often because they are already reasonably priced and there is a high demand for some of these Sportstech spin bikes. Keep in mind that your investment is more protected when buying the Sportstech SX600 on Amazon.
As far as the warranty goes, this quality piece of equipment features an excellent warranty. Built to last, the Sportstech SX600 warranty is comprehensive and covers the frame and the parts and electronics for two years. It includes repair and the parts replacement with shipment cost. Sportstech also offers excellent customer service for their products. They are polite, prompt, and easy to deal with.
Shipping and Assembly:
- The Sportstech SX600 manual and assembly tools are included.
- Sportstech SX600 assembly is moderately difficult.
- Sportstech SX600 shipping is free of charge.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs around 75 kilograms.
- Expert assembly is not included.
- To preserve the floor and minimise the vibration, I recommend you buy a spin bike rubber mat for it to sit on.
The SX600 comes with free shipping and in one big heavy box. Therefore, we suggest you ask the carrier to help bring the bike inside or unbox the bike outside and bring inside in two pieces.
Aside from the bike, there are the SX600 assembly tools and manual in the box. So, you wouldn’t need to buy, borrow or use other tools for assembly.
Reading the Sportstech SX600 reviews across the web, you will immediately notice everyone is talking about how easy it is to assemble the Sportstech SX600. It doesn’t have lots of little bolts and screws and it is relatively straightforward. However, it requires more assembly work than a simple budget bike.
Following the SX600 Sportstech manual, it shouldn’t take you more than 40 to 60 minutes to finish the assembly process. The SX600 spin bike is very heavy so it is recommended to do the assembly in two people.
The SX600 bike comes about 80% assembled, which is great in many ways. The parts that you need to assembly are leg stabilizers, pedals, seat, handlebars and computer. The flywheel, drive mechanism, and crank-set come pre-assembled.
Sportstech SX600 Indoor Cycle Pros:
SX600 Sprotstech indoor cycling bike features a large backlit computer. Unlike cheap monitors, it is much easier to see your stats on the go and in dark light condition. So, you don’t need to turn on the light and disturb your partner while he/she is resting. It also has Bluetooth connectivity to allow you to save your daily workouts on the apps.
Sportstech SX600 pedals are dual-sided SPD compatible. They allow riding the bike with regular gym shoes as well as proper clip-in spinning shoes. Therefore, unlike many other spin bikes, if you want to use proper spinning shoes, you won’t need to replace the pedals and can save around 80£.
- With a 26kg-heavy flywheel, the Sportstech Speedbike SX600 provides a smooth ride and effectively mimics the feel of a road bike.
- SX600 Sportstech indoor exercise bike tracks your heart rate “HR” wirelessly and via pulse sensors.
- Featuring toothed belt-drive system helps create a relatively quiet operation.
- 32 levels of silent, smooth, and smart electromagnetic resistance.
- Several preset programs including watt and heart rate control modes.
- This unit has a stable wide frame base to prevent rocking during intense off the saddle spin workouts.
- 180kg user weight capacity.
- Generous warranty and good customer service.
- 4-way adjustable handlebars providing a customised fit for all riders.
- Breathable adjustable seat for comfort during longer rides.
- Arm supports and aero bars for a comfortable long indoor cycling exercise.
- Tablet holder and quality transport wheels.
- Cycling app compatibility and USB port.
Sportstech SX600 Indoor Cycle Cons:
Limited Bluetooth functionality
Sportstech SX600 spin bike is equipped with the Bluetooth connectivity for iOs and Android devices. However, it is capable of sending the workouts (RPM, watt, speed, etc) to only two fitness apps (Kinomap and Fitshow). Therefore, you can’t connect the bike to popular cycling apps such as Zwift, Peloton, Strava, etc.
- The monitor is not touch-screen.
- Heart rate chest strap is not included.
- Doesn’t have a water bottle holder.
A Summary of the Sportstech SX600 Spin Bike
Sportstech SX 600 indoor cycle is a high-end spin bike with a relatively high price tag to match. If you have the budget for this Sportstech Speedbike SX600, then it will not disappoint.
The Sportstech SX600 cycle is fully ergonomic and designed in Germany by some pros of the industry. Plenty of features make it suitable for all types of body shapes and fitness levels.
Featuring a full shroud frame, the Sportstech professional indoor cycle SX600 is protected against corrosion from sweat and requires very little maintenance. Additionally, the Sportstech SX600 indoor bike has a smart computer to show all the key information you need about your spinning workout.
Unlike other exercise bikes, this particular spin bike is virtually maintenance-free, which can very easily help you save on time and expenses. In fact, this particular Sportstech SX600 indoor cycling bike has been developed after years of meticulous research as well as manufacturing experience, which makes it the company’s most prized spin bike.
We highly recommend the Sportstech exercise bike SX600 for anyone, including elite cyclists who search for a smart, comfortable, and reliable spin bike. It has everything you would need for a good indoor spin exercise, plus more.
The Sportstech SX600 is a high-quality indoor cycling bike, featuring a 32-levels of smart Electromagnetic resistance system. It’s a sturdy bike being able to support users up to 180 kilograms. SpeedBike SX600 is equipped with smart resistance system that automatically mimics uphill/downhill of a terrain that you pick from the app. Additionally, it has lots of programs, two speakers, SPD compatible pedals, heavy flywheel, and full cover shroud frame. Overall it is a great indoor cycle for medium to intense cardio spinning workouts, interval training, muscle toning, stamina development, and weight loss. Sportstech SX600 Speedbike is not exactly an affordable exercise bike but does offer excellent value for the price and boast great reviews across the web from consumers.