Nordictrack S22i Studio Cycle Review
The S22i Studio Cycle with 22” HD screen and iFit Coach membership is NordicTrack’s competitive response to the Peloton bike. And to beat the competition, the NordicTrack lower their price (remarkably) and added some awesome features that you can only find on S22i spin bike.
NordicTrack S22i indoor bike is designed to bring home the experience of real road cycling while providing the rider with the energizing atmosphere of a spin bike studio to make the spinning more than just a simple workout.
S22i spin bike is built to clear your mind and give you a chance to detox any negative energy without having to attend a spinning class. You can benefit from pre-recorded and live indoor cycling classes by top-notch iFit Coach trainers and get motivated seeing other riders work toward fitness their goals.
But what really stands out is the smart adjustment technology on this indoor bike. The S22i auto-adjusts incline and resistance based on the terrain and workout video you’re watching. Meaning when you reach an uphill, the resistance gets harder and the incline auto-adjusts accordingly.
This allows you to feel an outdoor ride and to focus on form, pedaling, and cadence instead of making manual adjustments. The S22i cycle also comes with two 3-lb weights that are used frequently in iFit workout videos for cross-training and upper body workout.
On top of all these features, with NordicTrack S22i indoor cycling bike, you also get a 1-year free iFit subscription which normally costs $399. Additional awesome features include Watt and RPM reading, Bluetooth, Wifi, HDMI, cooling fan, top-of-the-line q-factor (150 mm), and a generous warranty.
This is where I compared the NordicTrack S22i commercial indoor bike with other models within the same price range. Currently, (October 2020) S22i spin bike is a great value and considerably cheaper compared to similar spin bikes such as Peloton.
You invest less than $2000, yet you receive tons of cool features including a 1-year iFit membership which values $399. However, if money is your top priority, I recommend you to check out the NordicTrack S15i bike. It is less than $1500 and has everything the S22i NordicTrack comes with, except for the monitor. The S15i has a smaller monitor (14″ vs 22″). If you are interested to find out all the differences between these two models, read our S15i vs S22i comparison.
To help you easily navigate through our ultimate NordicTrack S22i review, I have created the table content below.
- NordicTrack S22i bike specification
- S22i bike computer
- iFit Membership
- Pedals and Q-factor
- Studio cycle S22i flywheel
- S22i resistance, incline/decline
- Commercial S22i cycle drivetrain
- Handlebars and seat
- Value for money and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle Pros
- NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle Cons
- Last Word on Commercial S22i Studio Cycle
NordicTrack S22i Bike Specification:
- Height: 54.8″
- Width: 21.9″
- Length: 55″
- Bike Weight: 170 Pound
- Max User Weight: 350 Pound
- Inseam Capacity: 27″ to 40″
- Shipping Weight: 205 Pounds
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes
- Power Requirement: Power Plugs (no batteries needed)
- There is an On/Off button for this bike so you don’t need to unplug it to power it off. It can be found near where the power cord enters the base of the bike.
The weight capacity for the NordicTrack S22i exercise bike is set to 350 pounds which indicates the quality and it is going to be just fine for most users. But to give you 100% assurance of the durability, the company offers a lifetime warranty on the frame.
The NordicTrack S22i indoor cycling bike is engineered and produced with commercial-gauge welded steel and enhanced corrosion resistance construction to last.
Thanks to its adjustable feet levelers, the S22i studio bike remains stable and lets you work out as intense as you want. You can adjust the levelers to prevent the bike from rocking on the uneven or rigged floor surface.
With two generously huge transport wheels, the Studio S22i is designed to move easily. Unlike most spin bikes with little cheap transport wheels that often break or scratch the floor during transportation, the S22i cycle by NordicTrack has top-of-the-line wheels for easy and safe transportation.
NordicTrack S22i spin bike weighs more than most spin bikes which means it is not really convenient to move it around the house. Therefore, I suggest you assemble the bike where you actually want to use it.
S22i Bike Computer:
- NordicTrack Studio S22i exercise bike monitor runs on AC power (plugs into the outlet, no batteries needed).
- It has an HD 22″ touch-screen monitor.
- The computer features Swivel design (it pivots 360º to either direction, as well as tilts up and down)
- The monitor includes a USB to charge devices and an HDMI port to connect the bike to a bigger screen (TV).
- It has an Auxiliary port so you can listen to the virtual instructors via your headphones.
- Below the monitor, there is a cooling fan with adjustable speed for summer rides.
- The monitor on the S22i by NordicTrack also has two small speakers.
- Studio bike S22i monitor is iFit enabled.
- This NordicTrack exercise bike has WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- There are no built-in workouts on board but you can manually set up workout goals to exercise without iFit subscription.
- NordicTrack S22i is compatible with Bluetooth heart rate straps (straps is not included).
- S22i Commercial Studio bike tracks your RPM, Watt, Calories, Heart Rate, Distance, Speed and time.
- You can also track the maximum and average for the above stats.
- Resistance can be changed via touchscreen or controls on the handlebars.
- S22i’s monitor works exclusively with the iFit app. (You can not use it with Zwift app, to surf the web, watch Netflix, YouTube, etc).
- Note: The monitor does not have internal memory, built-in preset-programs or ANT/+ connectivity.
The S22i bike runs on AC power which means you don’t have to spend extra on batteries or worry about charging them. The disadvantage is that you can not ride the bike unless there is an electrical outlet socket available.
Featuring a 22″ large HD touchscreen display makes it easy to go about your workouts and see exactly what’s going on no matter your workout intensity or speed. Thanks to the full-color screen, you don’t have to bother your partner keeping the light on always to see the stats during early morning or late evening workouts.
On top of that, the monitor pivots 360-degree and can be tilt up or down. It means if you are shorter or taller than average, you can still adjust the angle of the monitor for a perfect view.
Additionally, the NordicTrack S22i indoor cycling bike has a swivel design pivoting screen. It allows you to turn the screen to the right and left directions. This means when you are off the bike to use the dumbbells, you will be able to turn the monitor and keep watching iFit dumbbell upper body workouts.
There are two small speakers built-into the monitor but there is also an auxiliary port so you can connect a better sound system to listen to the iFit spin class workouts.
Additionally, the S22i NordicTrack also has an HDMI port so you can connect your TV or computer to follow the spin classes on a larger screen. As you read earlier in this NordicTrack S22i review, this bike is Bluetooth and WiFi-enabled so you can connect the bike to iFit app or heart rate straps.
But it does not connect to the Zwift and other cycling apps. You also can not use the monitor to interact on social media platforms. There are also no built-in workouts on the board. But that doesn’t mean you can’t ride the bike without using the iFit. The monitor allows you to manually create a fitness goal which is great for when your free subscription ends and you don’t want to renew.
The S22i indoor bike by NordicTrack features smart electromagnetic resistance which means the iFit workouts will automatically change the resistance.
It is an awesome feature that simulates the terrain that you pick to ride on iFit. Going downhill and uphill the resistance will vary to make it more real and enjoyable for you.
Last but not least, the Commercial S22i is iFit enabled (not iFit compatible). It means, unlike compatible equipment, you don’t need to connect a device (tablet, phone, etc) to follow iFit workout. All the iFit workouts are right there on the monitor without the need for any device. All you need is a WiFi connection.
One of the downsides to this top-notch NordicTrack spin bike is that it doesn’t have preset-programs or internal memory. So, when your free subscription ends, you can no longer have access to cool spinning videos/programs and can’t save your daily progress unless you renew the subscription.
- 1-Year Free iFit Coach Family membership is included with the Nordic-Track Studio cycle.
- The value of a one-year iFit Coach Family membership is $399.
- With iFit you can do live interactive training (the coach can adjust your bike’s resistance, incline, and decline).
- You can create your own workouts (specific miles, time, RPM, etc)
- iFit membership allows you to access thousands of spinning class and road cycling workouts.
- With iFit you get the added benefit of personalized coaching that would normally cost much more in the classes.
- Some of the class and personalized workouts include on and off the bike dumbbell workout (full body cross-training).
- iFit allows you to save and share your daily workouts.
- iFit also allows you to pick the terrain that you normally ride with your outdoor bike (via Google Map).
- And it automatically changes the resistance to simulate the terrain that you ride.
- From the Google Map, you can choose the Satellite view or the Terrain view.
- You will be able to use the bike without the iFit membership but you won’t have access to iFit classes and can’t save daily workouts.
- Important Note: After 1 year, subscription auto renews with fee ($399) unless you unsubscribe or end the benefits.
- Or you can change your membership from “iFit Coach Family” ($399) to “iFit Coach Individual” ($144).
After your free subscription ends, there are two iFit Coach memberships you can purchase:
iFit Coach Individual Membership (Individual Equipment user): An iFit Coach Individual membership is the best way to go if you own large fitness equipment, like a treadmill, elliptical, or bike, as it allows you to enjoy the full iFit experience for $144 per year.
iFit Coach Family Membership (multiple equipment users): An iFit Coach Family membership lets you share all of the benefits of a Premium membership with up to three additional users. For $39 per month ($468 per year) or $395 per year upfront ($33 per month), each user will have access to all the same features you do. Their login info, workouts, stats, and goals will be separate from your account and any other secondary accounts.
I personally suggest you end your benefits or unsubscribe from the iFit app because the subscription automatically renews with a $399 fee after a year.
“To avoid auto-renewal on your account, you can end your benefits through your settings on the iFit website or unsubscribe from the iFit app through your device settings. Once you end your benefits, you will be able to use your membership until the date that your next payment is due.”
This way, it is up to you whether to renew the membership after the free year ends or to stay with them. There are tons of great workouts and features with iFit. If there is only one person using the bike, it is cheaper to go with the “iFit Coach Individual” package.
Being iFit enabled, the NordicTrack S22i indoor cycle allows you to access thousands of streamed global and studio class workouts. With iFit, you can benefit from cycling with great personal trainers in your home.
Thankfully, you don’t even have to pay for the first year when you buy the NordicTrack S22i indoor cycle which is a great value. Because the 1-Year iFit® Coach Family Membership is included.
iFit combined with NordicTrack Commercial Studio bike’s smart electromagnetic resistance, allows your coach to take control of the resistance on your bike to realistically match the terrain of your workout. When your trainer goes up a hill, you’ll feel more intensity.
Additionally, it allows you to check your monthly/weekly progress as every cycling session is automatically recorded and even used to influence future exercises and nutrition plans.
Overall the S22i Studio Cycle represents a new generation of iFit Coach training because it has smart auto-adjustment technology and includes on-demand access to spin class videos with the motivating guidance of expert coaches.
Note: iFit is an application that you access via WiFi connectivity. So, if you don’t have a WiFi connection and iFit membership, you will not access any of these features. You also won’t be able to save the workouts on the bike because the monitor doesn’t have internal memory.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- NordicTrack S22i pedals are toe clips with straps (16/9″ pedal thread).
- They are not SPD (clipless shoes) compatible.
- The NordicTrack S22i q-factor is 150 mm.
- S22i has a three-piece crank arm system.
Featuring wide platform with adjustable straps, these pedals are designed to last, increase stability and keep your feet in place. They are okay if you want to do a full-body workout (cross-training).
Because in order to do cross-training and use the dumbbells, often you have to get off the bike. In this case, you want to wear a pair of regular comfortable gym shoes and avoid the bulky SPD shoe cleats.
However, if you think someday you will be doing only spinning workout on the bike (which is highly possible), I recommend you replace the pedals of the NordicTrack S22i spin cycle with dual-sided SPD compatible pedals.
They cost around $40-$50 and offer a great deal of comfort, safety, and efficiency. On one side, they have toe cages for regular gym shoes and the other side, there are the SPD elements for clipless cycling shoes.
Cycling with the SPD shoes and SPD pedals, there is very little chance that your feet slide off the pedals causing injury during the rides. Other benefits of SPD shoes are extra stability/comfort and better power transfer and pedal stroke.
As far as the q-factor goes, the S22i NordicTrack Commercial spin bike is pretty unique. It has an ergonomic 150 mm q-factor which is an excellent size for all riders.
And in case you are new to indoor cycling, the q-factor is the lateral distance between the two pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is. Wide q-factors tend to keep the rider’s feet too much apart not allowing the ankle, knees, and hips to stay aligned, which can cause stress on the knees during long intense rides.
S22i Studio Cycle Flywheel:
- NordicTrack S22i exercise bike flywheel weighs 32 pounds.
- This bike has a medium gear-ratio Inertia-enhanced flywheel.
- The flywheel is fixed (it is fixed-gear and bidirectional).
- S22i exercise bike lacks in water resistance flywheel protection guard.
You have probably heard of the flywheel needs to be more than 40 pounds to provide a smooth stead pedal stroke. Well, it is not always the case, especially if the bike has a combination of magnetic resistance and good gear-ratio.
For example, the $2000 Keiser M3i, its flywheel is 8 pounds. Yet, some of the world’s top-notch coaches use the M3i to workout.
As for the NordicTrack S22i indoor cycle, it has a combination of medium gear-ratio and magnetic resistance. And that is why this bike’s 32 pounds inertia enhanced flywheel can provide momentum and smooth steady pedal stroke.
On top of that, the faster gear ratio and the effective weight placement on the flywheel deliver a more natural cycling experience while keeping the bike light for easy transportation inside the house.
The NordicTrack S22i bike is fixed-gear which is good and bad. The good thing is that it is bidirectional so you can pedal reverse and workout different leg muscles.
The bad is that if you need to get off the bike in case of an emergency or take a few second breaks, you will have to wait until the flywheel stops turning.
Unfortunately, most spin bikes are fixed-gear which means their flywheel and the pedals move and stop moving together. For now, there are only a few spin bikes such as the Life Fitness IC8 (nearly $3300) that have a free-wheel smart release system.
On free-wheel exercise bikes, you can stop pedaling while the flywheel is turning independently, which is similar to road bikes. Note: Don’t look for free-wheel spin bikes unless your budget is $2000+, at least not in 2019.
S22i Resistance, Incline & Decline:
- NordicTrack S22i is a magnetic spin bike.
- This bike has a smart electromagnetic system.
- There are 24 levels of resistance adjustable via touch on the screen and controls on the handlebars.
- There is also a manual emergency stop knob on the frame. (It is solely to stop the flywheel, not to change resistance).
- You can see the current resistance level on the monitor (no guess workout).
- Magnetic resistance is a silent and virtually maintenance-free system.
- S22i indoor bike comes with -10 to 20% “smart” electronically adjustable incline and decline.
The NordicTrack S22i bike has a magnetic resistance system. It allows you to experience a smooth, frictionless, and silent ride. Unlike friction resistance bikes, the magnetic doesn’t come in contact with the flywheel.
Therefore, they make zero noise, and because they don’t touch the flywheel, they don’t wear out. So, you don’t have to change the brake pads or lube them to make them less noisy.
The magnetic system is also smoother (not jerky) during the gear change and high-intensity workouts. Overall it is great because there is no loud annoying noise so both you and your family can have peace during your spinning workout.
Being a magnetic indoor cycling bike is only part of the beauty of commercial studio cycle S22i. Because not only this indoor cycle is magnetic but it is also is electromagnetic. And not only it is electromagnetic but it is Smart electromagnetic.
Here is the difference between the “magnetic”, “electromagnetic” and “smart electromagnetic”. “Magnetic spin bikes” have a knob which requires you to manually adjust the resistance. Manually turning a knob is not as precise as an electromagnetic system.
“Electromagnetic spin bikes” change resistance level via buttons/touch. They are more precise than spin bikes with knob adjustment resistance. But many electromagnetic systems are not smart, meaning the resistance doesn’t automatically change based on the type of workout or the terrain.
“Smart Electromagnetic resistance spin bikes” (like this Nordic Track cycle which is very rare to find) change resistance via built-in controls or touch on the screen. Additionally, they allow the workout programs to automatically change the resistance based on the type of workouts and the terrain.
Featuring smart Electromagnetic resistance, the NordicTrack allows the iFit coaches and the programs (workouts) to automatically change the resistance to simulate the type of terrain you ride.
For example, if the workout you picked has an uphill, the resistance will automatically increase when you start going uphill. On top of that, you can always see your current resistance level.
So, you don’t need to guess the resistance level as you would with the 99% of the spin bikes on the market. Additionally, this NordicTrack spin bike comes with a “smart incline and decline” adjustment.
Just like the resistance, when the coach in a spin video on the iFit app changes their incline/decline, your bike will automatically change these settings to match the coach’s intensity and incline. And to be honest I can’t think of any exercise bike in this price class that would offer such a smart interacting system other than this NordicTrack Studio Commercial S22i exercise bike.
Note: The watt/power created by resistance is not disclosed. But I believe the 24 levels of resistance and those huge magnets will provide any rider including elite cyclists with plenty of resistance for a challenging high-intensity workout.
S22i Commercial Bike Transmission:
- NordicTrack S22i features a belt drivetrain system.
- It is smoother, quieter and requires less maintenance compared to chain spin bikes.
- Again, the S22i Commercial Studio indoor bike by NordicTrack has a fix-gear drivetrain.
This Smart exercise bike by NordicTrack features a belt drivetrain system that has certain advantages over chain drivetrain bikes. Firs advantage, it does not require lubing so you don’t have to make your hands or gym floor dirty every few weeks.
On top of that, the belt is smoother than the chain system. And even more importantly, the belt system is quieter which makes it more home-friendly. Last but not least, the belt has way less breakdown and maintenance than the chain.
The overall belt-driven system combined with the magnetic resistance provides a smooth, frictionless, and silent ride allowing you to exercise indoor without interrupting anyone around you.
Handlebars and Seat:
- S22i seat is 4-way adjustable (horizontally and vertically).
- The seat adjusts for most user heights.
- It is an ergonomically made padded performance seat.
- The handlebar adjusts vertically (multiple positions).
- S22i spin bike handlebars are 2-way adjustable (up and down).
- Two dumbbells and a dumbbell holder are included.
- Each dumbbell weighs 3 pounds, they are for upper body cross-training workout.
- Considering the upright frame design and the adjustments, the NordicTrack Studio S22i spin bike can accommodate users from 4’9″ to 6’6″ tall.
- NordicTrack Studio Cycle comes with double bottle holders.
The NordicTrack S22i Studio exercise bike features two 3-pound dumbbells for upper body workout. They are conveniently built-in on the handlebars which are easy to reach when you are on the bike, unlike Peloton which has the weights behind the seat and difficult to reach.
With the S22i bike by NordicTrack not only you can tone your legs, but using these dumbbells, you can also do cross-training workouts that will pump your upper body as well as your legs. There are also many cross-training workouts (mix dumbbell and cycling classes) on iFit that you can pick to follow.
The NordicTrack Studio Cycle has an ergonomic seat. Unlike cheap seats found on the majority of indoor cycling bikes, the NordicTrack Smart Studio bike has a performance comfortable seat. The seat is narrow (not wide) which minimizes the saddle sore, friction and chafing on the sensitive areas.
As for the handlebars, they are only up/down adjustable (not fore/aft) which is usually not a good sign for spin bikes because not all riders can fit the bike properly.
But that is not the case with the NordicTrack Commercial Studio S22i indoor cycle because of its upright frame. It is ergonomically designed for perfect bike fit and comfort, while the multi-position non-slip adjustable handlebars cut down on fatigue so you can ride longer.
With that being said, it would have been great, if NordicTrack built the S22i with 4-way adjustable handlebars. Some riders, especially shorter users would have really appreciated the extra adjustment possibility on the handlebars.
Value for Money and Warranty:
- NordicTrack S22i indoor cycling bike retails for less than $2000.
- The S22i Studio cycle by NordicTrack is covered by;
- 10 Years on frame
- 3-Year on parts
- 1-Year labor warranty
- Customer Service Department Contact: “1-877-993-7999”
- Parts and Service Sales: “1-877-660-1174”
- To extend your manufacturer’s warranty by 90 days, register your S22i cycle within 30 days of purchase here: “https://my.iconfitness.com/”.
- Visit the following URL address to order parts on-line if you are out of your manufacturer or extended warranty period: “https://www.iconservice.com/”.
- Visit the following URL address and fill the form to order parts under warranty: “https://www.iconservice.com/contactus”.
- For troubleshooting or asking questions regarding your bike send emails: “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- For live chat support visit one of the following URLs and click on the “Live Chat” icon: “https://myfitnesshelp.com/s/?language=en_US” “https://www.nordictrack.com/”
Considering, the commercial-quality structure, smart technology, and free iFit membership, the NordicTrack S22i indoor cycle is one of the best value spin bikes on the market for this price.
Practically, you pay only $1600 for a smart high-tech bike with a 22″ touch-screen because right after purchasing the S22i the company gives back $400 with a yearly iFit subscription.
Even without the iFit, is there any spin bike on the market with the commercial-quality, smart electromagnetic system, smart incline/decline, dumbbell integration, belt-driven, 22″ touch-screen monitor with RPM and Watt for under $2000? The answer is NO.
For someone who has been riding and reviewing spin bikes for years, I can say with full confidence that there is no indoor cycling bike that can beat the NordicTrack S22i spin bike in its price class, at least not for now (November 2019).
As for the warranty, not only does this NordicTrack cycle offers a steel commercial frame construction, it is also covered with a 10-year warranty to prove the commercial quality.
Additionally, the 3-Years warranty on all parts, including the monitor provides peace of mind. In fact, there are a few companies that would stand behind their equipment with such a generous warranty.
As far as the labor warranty goes, I believe one year is not bad at all for this price class. Many bikes around the same price don’t even come with the labor warranty or if they do, it is only limited to 90-day.
For example, the L Now spin bikes. Some of their cycles retail for around the same price, yet they don’t even have a labor warranty and their part warranties don’t exceed beyond 9 months.
If you have any questions regarding the warranty, you will need to visit the links that I provided above. Depending on your inquiry, you might have to fill in the form with your name, phone number, time zone, and the best time to call you.
S22i Shipping and Assembly:
- NordicTrack S22i assembly tools and clear assembly instructions are included.
- NordicTrack Studio S22i bike shipping is free in the U.S.
- This cycle comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee (you can return it for replacement or refund).
- Main parts that need assembly are the;
- Seat, handlebars, pedals, stabilizer rear and front feet, and the monitor.
- Watch the S22i assembly video to see if it is something you can do.
You have the following three options for S22i assembly: #1 do it yourself and save $. #2 Buy an exercise bike assembly from Amazon for $89. #3 Buy an exercise bike assembly from NordicTrack for $250.
I would personally go with the first option because I am handy, most consumers mentioned its easy to assemble the NordicTrack S22i and more importantly, there is a nice and clear S22i assembly video to show me how to do it (check the link above).
There is also a little change I might go with option 2 if I am busy but there is no chance that I would go with option 3 ($250 for NordicTrack assembly).
Following the NordicTrack indoor cycling bike manual/instruction, the assembly shouldn’t take more than 60-80 minutes. All the needed tools are also included except for a screwdriver.
As you can see in the video it is a straight forward process but if you are not sure you can do it, it is better to buy an exercise bike assembly and have the machine assembled properly. Because if you fail to assemble it correctly, the warranty won’t cover the damage.
Tips: S22i Nordic Track is pretty heavy so I suggest you assemble the bike where you want to use it. Also, it is recommended to assemble the S22i bike in two.
NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle Pros:
1-Year Free iFit membership:
The iFit membership allows you access over ten thousand of spin workouts and provides you with guidance as you go about your workout session. This iFit membership costs $399 but for you, it is FREE for one year.
22” Smart HD Touchscreen Display:
Studio cycle S22i is one of the few spin bikes with such a high-tech 22″ Bluetooth and iFit enabled HD screen on the market. This touchscreen display allows you to save your workouts and follow along with your iFit programming.
Integrated Weight Lifting:
Just like Peloton, except the fact that it is included for free, the NordicTrack S22i exercise bike comes with the two 3 pound dumbbells and dumbbell holder. Built into the bike, it is perfect for those who want to mix upper-body strength training with lower body cardio workout. Lucky there are tons of mixed spinning and dumbbell (cross-training) workout videos available on the iFit to choose from.
- Watt and RPM tracking.
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.
- 24 Levels of precise “Smart” electromagnetic resistance for a smooth, challenging and silent workout.
- -10 to 20% “Smart” electronic incline and decline adjustments.
- Durable transport wheels make the NordicTrack S22i commercial bike’s mobility a breeze.
- Racing saddle for a comfortable chafe-free indoor cycling workout.
- 4-Way adjustable monitor. (Tilt-adjustable and 360-degree pivoting screen for a perfect screen view on and off the bike).
- Generous warranty on parts and 10 years warranty on the commercial frame construction.
- Low maintenance quiet belt drivetrain to provide an enjoyable indoor cycling exercise.
- HDMI port to connect the bike to a bigger screen.
- Built-in speakers.
- Audio auxiliary port to listen to the videos with higher quality speakers.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee.
- Easy to reach resistance and incline adjustment controls on the handlebars.
NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle Cons:
This indoor cycling bike does not feature a tablet or phone holder. So, if you need to keep your devices close, you will have to purchase separate device holders.
Toe cage pedal:
These pedals don’t allow you clip-in SPD cycling shoes for a safer, more efficient and comfortable spinning workout because they don’t have the SPD elements. But it can be fixed for less than $50. Thankfully, the NordicTrack spin bike features the standard 16/9″ pedal thread. So, the SPD replacements are widely available.
It is not necessarily a con as you don’t have to renew the iFit subscription for the NordicTrack S22i indoor bike. But if you want to record your workouts and watch spinning classes or ride on the road from inside your home, you will need to pay $144 (for Individual) or $399 (for Family) to subscribe after your free yearly subscription ends.
- 2-Way adjustable handlebars.
- There is no flywheel and resistance sweat protection guard.
- It is not iPod compatible.
- S22i exercise bike by NordicTrack does not have the ANT/+ connectivity.
- S22i monitor only works with iFit (Can’t watch Netflix, Youtube or connect to Zwift and other cycling apps).
Last Word on NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle:
The NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle is great for all fitness levels including elite cyclists looking for an interacting and smart bike. If you love fun workout videos with large LCD and advanced technology to keep your spinning workouts interesting, the NordicTrack S22i spin cycle is for you.
With advanced features and competitive prices, this NordicTrack exercise bike is a good deal, especially compared to Peloton. The fact that S22i spin bike comes with a 1-year free iFit Coach makes it even a better deal for anyone looking to get in shape with industry-leading coaches.
With high-quality spin classes on demand, you can benefit from iFit personal training inside your living room. Additionally, you’ll also get access to the popular iFit Coach unlimited Google Map workouts with vivid landscape views, and automated electromagnetic resistance, incline and decline adjustment.
Overall, this NordicTrack spin bike is an excellent option for alternating between gym-style training and scenic outdoor tours. With no doubt, you can spend less on a sturdy exercise bike, but workouts wouldn’t be as fun and entertaining.
So, If budget isn’t a top priority, the high-tech commercial S22i Studio cycle is a great choice in your search for an interactive spin bike. To exercise like comfortably with this Nordictrack spin bike, make sure to check out our spinning clothing section and get prepared for an exciting spinning exercise.
Tip! It is better to replace the S22i pedals with dual-sided SPD for a safer and more efficient workout, but that’s a decision you don’t need to make right away. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, make sure to check out the ProForm Smart Power. It is a good value cycle with lots of good features.
The S22i Indoor cycling bike is less expensive than the Peloton and comes with more accessories and also it costs less. NordicTrack S22i offers an incline/decline range of -10% to 20% which is pretty unique. The pedals offer only toe cage which is unfortunate for such an awesome bike and I hope in the future they add dual-sided SPD pedals to this spin bike. But other than that, the S22i indoor cycling bike has everything you need from a durable frame with a 350-pound weight capacity to a long warranty. The S22i warranty offers lifetime frame protection, 3 years for parts, and 1 year for labor which is great compared to competitors.