Niceday Indoor Cycling Bike Review: Great value bike
In my opinion, the Niceday indoor bike is a fantastic addition to any home or garage gym, providing a solid cardio workout. As an avid fitness enthusiast, I consider myself knowledgeable about various exercise bikes, and I can confidently say that the Niceday bike deserves recognition as one of the best value options available.
What sets the Niceday bike apart from its competitors is its recent upgrade from the brand’s previous model, the Niceday upright bike. The new indoor cycling bike offers unlimited range of magnetic resistance, surpassing the 16 levels of resistance found in the upright model. Additionally, it comes equipped with advanced technology that allows seamless integration with popular fitness apps such as Peloton and Zwift.
Let’s delve into the quantitative measurements of the Niceday indoor bike to assess its performance across different categories. With dimensions of 53 inches in length, 21 inches in width, and 55 inches in height, this stationary bike has a typical footprint.
While it may not be as compact as the Niceday upright bike (37 inches in length, 19 inches in width, and 50 inches in height), it can still fit comfortably in an apartment or garage gym and it takes less space than any elliptical machine I have ever used.
Notably, the bike doesn’t require a nearby power adapter, as it features a manually adjustable magnetic resistance system, and its display operates using 2 AAA batteries which comes included with the bike.
The Niceday indoor bike boasts a 45-pound flywheel combined with magnetic resistance, resulting in a quiet and stable cycling experience. While it may not possess the motorized features found in the Horizon 5.0 or Echelon EX3, the Niceday bike still performs admirably without any squeaking or jerky movements under high resistance pressure.
One aspect that sets the Niceday bike apart from others is its magnetic resistance system, which offers enhanced durability compared to bikes that utilize wool or leather brake pads. Over time, brake pads wear out and require replacement for proper functioning. In contrast, magnetic resistance systems demand minimal maintenance or replacement, providing a more reliable and hassle-free experience.
Regarding weight, the Niceday bike weighs 111 pounds and can accommodate users up to 385 pounds. Similar to the Peloton Bike, its seat offers a wide range of adjustment options, ensuring a comfortable and safe indoor cycling workout for individuals ranging from 4’7″ to 6’3″ in height.
While the Niceday spin bike is slightly heavier than the Keiser M3i, weighing 88 pounds, it is still manageable for an average individual to move with the attached wheels.
Anyone who has experienced low-quality indoor cycling bikes knows that shaking and jiggling during a workout are common nuisances. However, the Niceday indoor cycle impresses with its remarkable stability and high-quality construction. I personally felt no movement when transitioning in and out of the saddle during my rides.
When it comes to comfort, the Niceday’s cushioned seat is on par with most exercise bikes as it’s just stoke seat. It may not be the most comfortable option, especially if you’re not accustomed to it. Thankfully, the seat is easily replaceable if you find it too uncomfortable for your liking.
On the positive side, both the seat and handlebars of the Niceday bike are adjustable. The seat can be adjusted both front to back and up and down, while the handlebars offer similar horizontal and vertical adjustability, catering to your preferred riding position.
I particularly appreciate the shape and length of the handlebars, as they provide excellent support both in and out of the saddle. Additionally, the dipped handles ensure a secure grip without slipping.
The ordering process for the Niceday exercise bike was straightforward and hassle-free. Although Niceday doesn’t offer financing options like Schwinn does for the Schwinn IC4, most individuals won’t require financing for an exercise bike under $500. Shipping is free and generally takes 1-2 weeks, which is about how long mine took to get here.
I chose to put the bike together myself but you can add assembly for an extra $80 if you want to save yourself the hassle. Although not very time consuming (it took me less than an hour by myself), the instructions were not the easiest to follow. Even though the guide only mentioned three steps to complete assembly, each step seemed to include multiple other directions. The instructions could have been laid out in a more palatable way to make building the bike easier.
For those who love diving right into assembling something without looking at the instructions– don’t do that with the Niceday bike. The included parts are not clearly labeled. I recommend matching each piece up with the pictures on the instruction manual before getting started.
Comparable Alternative Exercise Bikes to Consider
Niceday’s indoor bike is undeniably a great value at $499, especially considering its heavy flywheel, customizable handlebars, and Bluetooth connectivity. However, there are two other comparable indoor bikes that may suit your specific needs even better.
If you prefer a spin bike that automatically adjusts resistance for popular fitness apps like Zwift, Kinomap, and Peloton, the Echelon EX3 is an excellent choice. While it lacks a built-in console like the Niceday bike, its advanced resistance technology can simulate varying virtual terrains and mimic the challenges of Peloton Power Zone classes.
Additionally, the Echelon EX3 features an angle-adjustable tablet holder, which surpasses the Niceday bike’s fixed tablet holder because you can have a better view of your tablet. Furthermore, its flywheel is positioned at the back and partially protected by a cover, minimizing the impact of sweat and other weather elements. Priced only $150 higher than the Niceday bike, it offers enough additional features to justify the increased cost.
For those looking to save a bit of money without compromising on essential features, the Joroto X2 Pro is a fantastic option. While it lacks the dual-sided pedals and dumbbell holders found on the Niceday bike, it provides everything else, including a built-in display with RPM and resistance readings, a fixed tablet holder, and horizontal handlebar adjustment. Moreover, it comes at a price point around $150 cheaper than the Niceday bike, allowing you to enjoy substantial savings.
Ultimately, your choice of indoor bike will depend on your specific preferences and priorities. The Echelon EX3 caters to those who value automated resistance adjustments and advanced app integration, while the Joroto X2 Pro offers a budget-friendly option without compromising on key features.
Niceday Stationary Bike Specification:
- Height: 55″
- Width: 20″
- Length: 53″
- Bike Weight: 111 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 380 Pounds
- Inseam Capacity: 4’7″ to 6’3″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Tablet Holder: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, 2
- Power Requirement: 2 AAA Batteries, included
The Niceday Fitness magnetic spin bike is designed with durable construction that can support just about any type of spin workout. Materials used in the Niceday fitness cycle bike and the triangle type frame adds to the durability and the actual spin bike weight.
With a high-quality metal frame, it can hold 280-lb load weight. It is a middle weight bike that weighs less than Nordictrack S22i at 111 pounds with the frame fully assembled and can be easily moved from one place to another inside the house.
For relocating the Niceday Fitness bike after each spinning workout, the front base is equipped with two large durable transport wheel wheels. As for dimensions, this Niceday indoor cycling bike is relatively compact and don’t need too much space.
Thanks to its 4 adjustable stabilizer feet, you can perfectly level the bike on any type of surface including uneven floors. Additionally, the Niceday spin bike features a durable powder coating which provides a nice shiny exterior as well as protection against rust and scratch.
Belt-Drive Cycle Computer:
- Niceday spin bike comes with a bike computer that can be adjusted so you have a better view of your progress.
- It is not backlit but allows you to monitor your: Speed, RPM, Time, Distance and calories burned while you are cycling.
- The LCD fitness monitor runs on 2 AAA batteries which comes included in the box.
- Although it doesn’t track the resistance level and watts, it has Bluetooth connectivity and it’s compatible with Zwift, Kinomap, Peloton, and other popular cycling apps.
The computer included with this Niceday magnetic exercise bike displays your time, cadence, heart rate, speed, distance, and calories burned. It enables you to see your results to stay motivated and on pace.
But don’t count too much on this computer if you are used spin bikes with built-in screens because the one that comes with the Niceday bike is too basic and not super accurate which is very common for spin bikes in this price tag.
Overall it is not an advanced monitor but thankfully don’t rely on it because you can use your own tablet or phone to connect to the bike and track your stats on one of the compatible indoor bike apps.
Once you are online, you can also save stats on the apps like Strava which you can connect the famous QZ app. Unfortunately, it also lacks in backlit so you will need to keep the light on in low-light condition if you want to see the progress.
Thankfully this Niceday stationary exercise bike comes with a good media shelf that can serve as a tablet or phone holder or magazine holder to keep you entertained. Although I am happy with the tray, I wish it was angle adjustable and not fixed on the handlebars.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- On one side of the pedals, there are adjustable toe baskets for gym shoes.
- On the other side of the pedals, there are spd clips to use cycling shoes.
- This cycle has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread size in case you want to change the pedals.
- The q-factor on this indoor bike is 210mm which is a bit wider than what I normally recommend.
The Niceday magnetic cycle has durable steel toe-caged pedals. They are designed with adjustable straps and buckle to fit for different size feet and keep them in place safely.
Fortunately, they are also SPD compatible which means if you want to ride the bike with the clipless spinning shoes, you will not need to replace the pedals. Also if you want to use Look and SPD-SL pedals, you can replace the Niceday indoor cycle pedals because they have standard 9/16″ thread size and its replacement pedals are widely available for as little as $50.
In case you are new to cycling, the indoor bike q-factor is referred to the distance between the pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is because it keeps your feet aligned with your knees and hips to minimize stress on the joints.
Niceday’s 210mm q-factor is considered okay for starters while less than 200mm is ideal because it will help position your feet naturally on the pedals, which results in a healthy pedaling motion with zero lateral stress on the knees and ankles. If you are used to road bikes, Niceday’s 210mm q-factor will probably makes feel like riding a fat bike.
Indoor Bike Flywheel:
- The Niceday spin bike flywheel weighs 45 pounds to deliver great pedal stroke.
- The flywheel is fixed and bi-direction which allows pedaling both directions.
- It has a sweat protection guard that protects the flywheel, bearings and the resistance.
The flywheel is a fairly heavy one, weighing 45-pound which is a thing because all users including heavier weight riders can enjoy a decent bike ride but the problem is that people with weaker knees might feel a little extra resistance specially when you start to pedal.
Rather than high cadence workouts, I think it’s designed for high resistance workouts but if you are fitness is good, you can also do high-cadence. One think I always see with heavier flywheel is the additional bearing maintenance so you should keep that in mind.
Its flywheel is fixed and bi-directional, which means you can pedal in reverse as well as forward. The benefit of fixed-wheel (fixed-gear) is that you can double the number of workouts and by pedaling reverse simulate different muscle groups. A disadvantage of fixed-gear is that you can not take a two-second break or immediately dismount the bike in case of an emergency unless the flywheel completely stops turning.
The flywheel is connected with the pedals so you will have to wait until the flywheel and pedals stop before you can get off the bike. There are a few indoor cycling bikes such as this Concept 2 Bike Erg with smart release (free-wheel) system. But they cost more than $1000.
Overall this Niceday indoor cycle trainer produces a smooth pedaling experience thanks to the combination of the magnetic system, belt and the solid flywheel resulting in good stability and smoothness for the pedaling motion.
Magnetic Resistance System:
- This Niceday indoor cycle has magnetic resistance to provide a smooth responsive ride.
- There are multiple strong magnets to create a challenging spinning exercise.
- Resistance is manually adjustable through a knob located on the frame.
- It has the press down emergency braking system that allows for a quiet and safe stop when the flywheel is spinning very fast.
One of the main selling factors of this Niceday indoor cycling exercise bike is its silent magnetic resistance system. This indoor bike with magnetic resistance and belt drive is perfect for home cardio exercise.
Unlike competitors with little resistance, the Niceday magnetic indoor cycling exercise bike has several large magnets to provide a smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance.
As I mentioned earlier in this Niceday indoor cycling bike review, this bike is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system. So, the resistance is controlled manually (not electronically). It’s not like any of these auto-resistance exercise bikes that I tried. In other word, when you connect it to Zwift or Peloton, it doesn’t change resistance automatically.
If you really want to, you can add a SmartSpin 2K V3 to this indoor bike and make its resistance automatic. It’s an additional $200 cost that I don’t recommend because then it would be $700 in total and for that price you could get an out of the box auto-resistance spin bike like Echelon EX3 without going through so much hassle to do it on your own.
In addition to quiet operation, the Niceday spin bike resistance is also virtually maintenance-free, unlike bikes with friction resistance the resistance pad and the flywheel do not touch. Therefore, the resistance does not wear out and you won’t have to go through the hassle of changing the brake pad like you would for friction bike.
Unfortunately, the resistance knob doesn’t have levels specified on it. Therefore, you wouldn’t know the exact level or your previous level. But after a while of riding this spin bike, you will get a feeling of how much of a knob turn generate the resistance adequate to your training.
Lastly, the resistance also serves as an emergency brake; by pressing it down you can immediately stop the flywheel, which may be necessary in case of emergency or if you want to alternate normal with reverse pedaling sessions.
Belt Drive System:
- Niceday indoor cycle features belt-drive design for a quiet and smooth workout.
- This bike has the fixed-gear single belt direct drive mechanism.
In addition to a magnetic system, one of the aspects that I like about Niceday indoor cycling bike is the belt drive. In fact, it is the combination of the belt with magnetic resistance that makes this cycle stand out from the crowd.
I have already written an extensive guide on exercise bike transmission and why featuring a high-quality belt drivetrain comes with several advantages that you can read in the above link. For example, it doesn’t require lubing so you wouldn’t have to deal with the mess that oil could make on your floor.
The other benefits include low-maintenance because the belt is one piece unlike chain with 100+ little pieces. And last but not least, the belt does not generate as much vibration as the chain does, resulting in an extremely quiet and smooth spinning exercise.
Niceday indoor cycling bike is made for indoor cycling workout for novice riders, therefore, it can not handle heavy commercial use. It can support the 1-2 riders a day. The cranks arms are durable enough to support all cycling positions include off the seat full-body workouts.
Handlebars and Seat:
- Niceday indoor cycling bike handlebars are 4-way adjustable.
- The handlebars are dipped and the table holder is built-on the handlebars.
- The seat is 4-way adjustable with safety holes on the vertical post for comfort and safe exercise.
- For horizontal and vertical adjustment, there are levers which are better than knobs.
- Handlebars have flat surface for the elbows but there is no elbow pads.
Unlike many indoor cycling bikes that I have reviewed under $500, Niceday has a surprisingly well built 4-way handlebar adjustment which means some you can customize the bike correctly for your height.
Currently, there aren’t too many spin bikes with magnetic resistance with that allow such micro-adjustability. Plus, Niceday gives this option to lower the saddle so much which was impressive for me because I knew only Peloton Bike that gave such a wide range of choice.
The Niceday spin bike comes with a media holder that makes it easy for you to have the tablet on the bike watching a Netflix movie or spinning video on YouTube for a more exciting and efficient workout. The main issue with its tablet holder is that you can’t adjust the angle of it. It’s fixed on the handlebars which doesn’t give the best view angle of the tablet.
The seat provided with the Niceday exercise bike is a little padded but not really the most comfortable I have used. It is a relatively narrow and doesn’t have an air flow design. It’s just a stoke seat which is pretty common for the price. I suggest you ride the bike for a week making sure you choose and wear the right padded cycling shorts and then see if you need to change it.
The important is that its seat post is standard and it’s four way adjustable with a decent range of adjustment options. Plus, it has these holes that keep the seat tight in place to make sure it doesn’t slide down if you are on the heavier side. I know it’s a very small detail, but I am glad they took the time to make these adjustment holes rather than easily made regular dents.
Featuring a multi-grip urethane dipped handlebar design, your workout remains comfortable when riding for long periods of time. The aero bar adds several grip possibilities and allows you to change arm positions to engage different upper muscles and prevent wrist and arm aches and fatigue.
Although there is no elbow pads on the handlebars for aero grips, they designed the back of the handlebars with a flat surface which is significantly more comfortable than round bars. By the way, if you decide to change the seat, you can take take a look at some of the most comfortable exercise bike replacement seats I tried and reviewed.
Value for Money and Warranty:
- The Niceday spin bike retails on Amazon directly by Niceday and ships from Amazon (not other third-party retailers).
- The bike is also available on ebay and I added the buying link options for sellers in the beginning of the article.
- This Niceday magnetic indoor cycle has a 1-year warranty on all parts bikes under warranty, you can reach the company via Amazon or the email provided in the manual.
- It included 30 days full refund and 100% satisfaction or if there is any defect or damages.
Considering all the features including the tablet holder, high-quality seat, magnetic resistance, belt system, and 1-year warranty, the Niceday indoor cycling bike trainer is a good value for the money.
For around $500 you are buying what a fancy fitness equipment brand would have easily priced it $1000. And the fact that Niceday is covering this budget home use cycle for one year is a good indication of its quality and value.
The generous warranty and return policy prove that it is not some cheap product and will last longer than competitors with a 90-day warranty. As for the parts under warranty or any other information in that manner, you can contact the seller on Amazon or the email address provided in the manual.
Note that Niceday’s warranty doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of our limited warranty. Which is common among all fitness equipment brands.
Shipping and Assembly:
- Niceday spin bike comes mostly assembled.
- The package includes all the needed installation tools and the manual.
- Niceday spin bike shipping is free and takes 1-2 weeks to arrive.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs around 125 pounds.
This Niceday indoor cycle comes with the required installation tools and assembly instruction to make the assembly process a piece of cake. So, you wouldn’t necessarily need to spend another $80 for that if you are good with tools.
Most of the bike comes already assembled. The flywheel, the drive belt, the crank assembly, and the resistance mechanism are already attached to the mainframe.
Therefore, in terms of assembly, all you need to do is attach the front and rear base bars to the main-frame, install the seat and handlebar posts and finally the console and the pedals.
This shouldn’t take more than 30-50 minutes. The Niceday indoor cycle manual will guide you through the assembly steps and thankfully the tools required for it are all included.
Note: Please pay attention to the pedal assembling, the left pedal needs to be screwed in counter-clockwise. As for the maintenance, a periodic check for loose bolts and parts is recommended.
The transmission is a belt (not a chain) so it does not require any lubrication. Other than this, wipe the sweat off the bike with the towel after the workout.
Pros of Niceday Exercise Bike:
- Smooth and Silent Operation: The Niceday exercise bike utilizes a durable belt and magnetic resistance, resulting in a smooth and quiet riding experience. The belt does not require lubrication, and the magnetic resistance is silent and long-lasting.
- Low Maintenance: The Niceday exercise bike requires minimal maintenance, aside from periodic lubrication of the handlebars and seat for smooth sliding. Regular checks for loose parts and bolts are recommended to ensure optimal performance.
- High Durability: Constructed with a sturdy steel frame, the Niceday exercise bike offers high durability and can support users weighing up to 380 pounds.
- Highly Adjustable Saddle and Handlebars: The bike is equipped with a fully adjustable saddle and handlebar, allowing users to find a comfortable riding position and minimize discomfort during extended workouts.
- Secure Pedals: The pedals of the Niceday bike come with adjustable straps and Spd cleating area, ensuring that feet remain secure and balanced during cycling sessions.
- Portability and Storage: Transport wheels are integrated into the design of the exercise bike, making it easy to move and store when not in use. Additionally, adjustable foot levelers provide stability on uneven floors.
- Dumbbell, Bottle, and Tablet Holder: The handlebars of the Niceday bike feature a secure tablet holder, allowing users to conveniently place their devices and access fitness apps, entertainment, or training programs during workouts.
- Bi-Directional Heavy Flywheel: The bike’s bi-directional flywheel allows users to engage different muscle groups by cycling in both forward and backward directions.
- Tools and Assembly Included: The Niceday exercise bike comes with the necessary tools and assembly instructions, making it convenient for users to set up the bike at home.
Cons of Niceday Exercise Bike:
- Fixed Tablet Holder: Although the bike’s display adjust, its table tray is fixed on the handlebars and forces the riders to lean their neck down to view the screen of their device.
- Lack of Automatic Resistance: Niceday exercise bike doesn’t have a motorised resistance to automatically adjust your intensity while connected to Zwift, Peloton, and other apps.
- Limited Financing Options: Niceday does not offer financing options for the purchase of their exercise bike, which may be a disadvantage for those looking for flexible payment plans.
- Basic Display Console: The bike’s display console is relatively basic compared to more advanced models on the market. While it provides essential workout data, it lacks advanced features such as built-in workout programs, watt, and resistance readings.
- Slightly Uncomfortable Seat: Some users may find the seat cushion of the Niceday bike to be less comfortable, especially during longer workout sessions. Additional seat cushioning or seat replacement options may be considered for improved comfort.
- Size Considerations: The Niceday exercise bike is slightly larger in dimensions compared to some other indoor cycling bikes, which may pose challenges for individuals with limited space in their homes or apartments.
This Niceday indoor cycling bike proves to be a solid choice for anyone seeking a cardio addition to their home or garage gym. With its impressive features and affordable price tag, it offers excellent value for fitness enthusiasts. The bike’s unlimited range of magnetic resistance, seamless app connectivity, and stable construction set it apart from its competitors. Additionally, its adjustable seat and handlebars ensure a comfortable and personalized workout experience. While there are comparable options like the Echelon EX3 and Joroto X2 Pro, the Niceday bike stands out with its combination of performance, durability, and affordability. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, the Niceday indoor cycling bike provides a reliable and enjoyable way to achieve your fitness goals. I confidently recommend this indoor bike at its current price point.