MaxKare Black Magnetic Spin Bike Review
Smooth and reliable, the MaxKare magnetic indoor cycling bike is one of the best buys in the under $500 magnetic spin bike category. Now with fully adjustable handlebars and other upgrades, this Maxkare spin bike is a better value than ever.
Here is why the MaxKare indoor cycling bike a top seller; Like other MaxKare belt-drive indoor cycling bike trainers, it has the biomechanics and durability to outperform others in its price class.
It’s also backed by an excellent warranty and great customer service. With the full adjustment, Eddy Current resistance system and other enhancements, it’s competing better than ever with other cycles for in-home gyms.
It’s designed to fit the average trainees in terms of skill and body size. A wide range of silent resistance comes from its 30-pound flywheel and multiple magnets, which is the same combination used on BodyCraft SPT-Mag light commercial spin bike and other many other club-quality indoor cycles.
That said, elite cyclists might prefer a model with a better monitor and more durable drive. The new MaxKare Black has an online sale price of $330 (delivery included) and an MSRP of $350. Learn more from our full MaxKare magnetic indoor cycle trainer review below.
This where I tell my personal opinion on whether this indoor cycle is a good value or not. As far as the MaxKare magnetic indoor cycle is concerned, it is one of the best budget spin bikes under $500.
Key specs for its performance are a high-quality 30-pound flywheel, belt-driven system, and magnetic resistance. Some extra features are an integrated tablet holder, a breathable seat, and a durable lever adjustment system.
In addition to this Maxkare magnetic indoor cycling trainer, the company currently has 2 other models of indoor cycles. The MaxKare Gray cycle and the Yellow, They are not as good as this model (MaxKare Black) but they are less expensive.
If you are interested to see their difference, search our website for the MaxKare indoor cycling bike comparison. That way it would be easier for you to understand which one of these durable indoor cycling bikes fits best your cycling needs.
- MaxKare indoor cycle specification
- MaxKare magnetic bike computer
- Pedals and Q-factor
- MaxKare Bike flywheel
- Magnetic resistance
- Belt drive system
- Handlebars and seat
- Value for money and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- MaxKare magnetic exercise bike Pros
- MaxKare magnetic exercise bike Cons
- Last word on MaxKare magnetic indoor cycling bike
MaxKare Cycle Technical Information:
MaxKare Indoor Cycle Specification:
- Height: 45.4″
- Width: 21″
- Length: 42.3″
- Bike Weight: 90 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 264 Pounds
- Inseam Capacity: 27.5″ to 36″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, 1
- Power Requirement: Battery (included)
The MaxKare magnetic exercise bike is designed for spinning with durable construction that can support just about any type of spin workout. Its frame is built entirely out of a thickened frame tube.
It is a relatively heavier bike that weighs 90 pounds with the frame fully assembled, which is more than the weight of the average road bikes. This weight, plus the rider’s weight adds to the bike’s stability preventing the bike from moving during intense workouts.
Thanks to its 4 adjustable stabilizer feet, you can perfectly level the bike on any type of surface including uneven floors. Additionally, the MaxKare magnetic bike features a durable powder coating that provides a nice shiny exterior as well as protection against rust and scratch.
For relocating the bike after each spinning workout, the front base is equipped with two large durable transport wheel wheels. As for dimensions, this MaxKare indoor cycling bike is relatively compact and doesn’t need too much space.
MaxKare Magnetic Bike Computer:
- MaxKare magnetic spin bike includes a very basic fitness meter.
- It allows the rider to track the time, speed, distance, and calories burned.
- The MaxKare bike does not track the RPM, heart rate and watts.
- It has no wireless connectivity (Bluetooth or ANT/+).
- It runs on batteries (included) and does not have backlit.
The computer included with this MaxKare magnetic exercise bike displays your time, speed, distance, and calories burned. That enables you to see your results to stay motivated and on pace.
But don’t count too much on this computer because it is too basic and not super accurate which is very common for spin bikes in this price tag.
Overall it is not an advanced monitor so you can not save stats or ride on cycling apps online. Unfortunately, it also lacks in backlit so you will need to keep the light on in low-light condition if you want to see the progress.
Thankfully this MaxKare magnetic trainer comes with a good media shelf that can serve as a tablet holder or magazine holder to keep you entertained.
If you want to track your workouts and join spinning apps such as Zwift for more exciting rides, I suggest you buy a Wahoo sensor. It attaches to the pedal and tracks your RPM (revolution per minute) time, distance, and more. Using Bluetooth, it connects and sends data to your phone or tablet.
Search this website for “spin bike computer and Wahoos sensors” to understand all your options for this magnetic exercise bike. With a Wahoo app on your device (phone, tablet, etc) you can also track your heart rate.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- This MaxKare magnetic bike features adjustable caged foot pedals.
- They are not clipless cycling shoes compatible.
- This cycle has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread.
- The q-factor is not disclosed but estimated to be between 7″ tp 7.5″.
The Black MaxKare magnetic cycle has durable steel toe-caged pedals. They are designed with adjustable straps and buckle to fit for different size feet and keep them in place safely.
Unfortunately, they are not SPD compatible which means if you want to ride the bike with the clipless spinning shoes, you will need to replace the pedals. But it’s not a deal-breaker because the MaxKare indoor cycle trainer comes with 9/16″ thread size. Therefore, the SPD replacement pedals are widely available.
The company hasn’t released the q-factor information for this bike. So, what I listed above is an estimation based on other MaxKare indoor cycling bikes.
In case you are new to cycling, the q-factor is the distance between the pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is because it keeps your feet aligned with your knees and hips to minimize stress on the joints.
This bike’s Q-Factor would be standard for this price class and even narrower compared to some other home spin bikes. 7 Inches to 7.5 or even 8 inches will help position your feet naturally on the pedals, which results in a healthy pedaling motion with zero lateral stress on the knees and ankles.
MaxKare Bike Flywheel:
- MaxKare magnetic spin bike flywheel weighs 30 pounds to deliver a low-impact natural pedal stroke.
- The flywheel is fixed and bi-direction.
The flywheel is a fairly heavy one, weighing 30 pounds, designed for a more natural ride and consistent momentum. It’s fixed and bi-directional, which means you can pedal in reverse as well as forward.
The benefit of fixed-wheel (fixed-gear) is that you can double the number of workouts and by pedaling reverse stimulate different muscle groups. A disadvantage of fixed-gear is that you can not take a two-second break or immediately dismount the bike in case of emergency.
The flywheel is connected with the pedals so you will have to wait until the flywheel and pedals stop before you can get off the bike. There are a few indoor cycling bikes with smart release (free-wheel) system. But they cost more than $2000.
Overall the MaxKare Magnetic trainer produces a smooth pedaling experience thanks to the combination of the magnetic system, belt and heavy flywheel resulting in extra stability and smoothness for the pedaling motion.
- This MaxKare has magnetic resistance to provide a smooth responsive ride.
- There are multiple strong magnets for a more challenging spinning exercise.
- Resistance is manually adjustable through a knob located on the frame.
- It has the press down emergency braking system that allows for a quiet and safe stop when the flywheel is spinning very fast.
The selling factor of this MaxKare indoor cycle is its silent magnetic resistance system. This indoor cycling bike trainer with magnetic resistance and belt drive is perfect for home cardio exercise.
Unlike competitors with little resistance, the MaxKare magnetic indoor cycling exercise bike has 4 large magnets to provide a challenging and smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance.
As I mentioned earlier in this MaxKare magnetic indoor cycling bike review, this indoor cycling bike is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system. So, the resistance is controlled manually (not electronically).
In addition to quiet operation, the MaxKare bike resistance is also virtually maintenance-free unlike bikes with friction resistance, such as L-Now D600 for example, the resistance pad and the flywheel do not touch.
Therefore, the resistance does not wear out and you won’t have to go through the hassle of changing the brake pad like you would for friction bike.
The resistance knob doesn’t have levels specified on it. Therefore, you wouldn’t know the exact level or your previous level. But after a week of riding this bike, you will get a feeling of how much of a knob turn generate the resistance adequate to your training.
Lastly, the resistance also serves as an emergency brake; by pressing it down you can immediately stop the flywheel, which may be necessary in case of emergency or if you want to alternate normal with reverse pedaling sessions.
Belt Drive System:
- MaxKare indoor cycle features belt-drive design for a quiet and smooth workout.
- This bike has a fixed-gear single belt direct drive mechanism.
In addition to a magnetic system, one of the aspects that I like about MaxKare indoor cycling bike is the belt drive. In fact, it is the combination of the belt with magnetic resistance that makes this cycle stand out from the crowd.
Featuring a high-quality belt drivetrain comes with several advantages. For example, it doesn’t require lubing so you wouldn’t have to deal with the mess that oil could make on your floor.
The other benefits include low-maintenance because the belt is one piece unlike chain with 100+ little pieces. And last but not least, the belt does not generate as much vibration as the chain does, resulting in an extremely quiet and smooth spinning exercise.
MaxKare indoor cycling bike is made for indoor cycling workout for all fitness levels therefore, it has durable and solid crank arms. It can support the rider in all cycling positions include off the seat full-body high-intensity workouts.
Handlebars and Seat:
- MaxKare handlebars are 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike fit and comfortable ride.
- There is a table holder built-on the monitor.
- The seat is also 4-way adjustable with safety holes on the vertical post for comfort and safe rides.
- It is a well-padded leather seat with the center cutout design for breathability and comfort.
- The seat and handlebar posts are stainless steel.
- This bike has two durable levers for the horizontal adjustments (not knobs).
There are currently a few other magnetic spin bikes in this price tag but they don’t have this bike’s handlebars. And due to its unique design, many consumers prefer this model over all the other models in this price class.
The handlebars are 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike setting and to provide a safe and comfortable ride for all your family members. There is also a tablet holder that makes it easy for you to have the tablet on the bike watching a Netflix movie or spinning video on YouTube for a more exciting and efficient workout.
The seat provided with the MaxKare exercise bike is well padded and more comfortable compared to many other spin bikes in this price class. It is a relatively wide leather seat with a cut in the center to reduce the pressure and let the airflow to keep you going the extra mile.
It has several layers of soft padding and has two springs at the rear that considerably improve its overall cushioning and comfort. As for adjustment, the Max Kare magnetic bike’s seat can be adjusted for most user heights. It is fore/aft up/down adjustable
Instead of regular dents, its vertical post has several adjustment holes that keep the seat tightly in place and prevent shaking or going down.
Featuring a multi-grip urethane dipped handlebar design, your workout remains comfortable when riding for long periods of time. The aero bar adds several grip possibilities and allows you to change arm positions to engage different upper muscles and prevent wrist and arm aches and fatigue.
Value for Money and Warranty:
- The MaxKare magnetic spin bike retails on Amazon by Max Kare Fitness (not other third-party retailers).
- This MaxKare magnetic indoor cycle has 2 years warranty.
- To order parts for this MaxKare bikes under warranty contact, you can reach the company by via Amazon or the email provided on the manual.
- 3-Month full refund if there is any defective or damaged.
Considering all the features including the convenient handlebar design, high-quality seat, magnetic resistance, belt and 2-year warranty, the Max Kare magnetic indoor cycling bike is a good value for the money.
For around $350 you are buying what a fancy fitness equipment brand would have priced it $600. And the fact that MaxKare is covering this budget home cycle for two years is a clear indication of its quality and value.
The generous warranty proves that it is not a cheap bike with nice features that would last a few months and then goes to recycle. As for the parts under warranty or any other information in that manner, you can contact the seller on Amazon or the email address provided in the manual.
Note that MaxKare’s warranty doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of our limited warranty. Which is common among all fitness equipment brands.
Shipping and Assembly:
- MaxKare magnetic exercise bikes stationary belt drive spin bike indoor cycling bike comes mostly assembled.
- The package includes all the needed installation tools and the manual.
- MaxKare spin bike shipping is free.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs around 100 pounds.
This MaxKare fitness equipment comes with the required installation tools and assembly instruction to make the assembly process a piece of cake. So, you wouldn’t need to spend another $80 for that.
Most of the bike comes already assembled. The flywheel, the drive belt, the crank assembly, and the resistance mechanism are already attached to the mainframe.
Therefore, in terms of assembly, all you need to do is attach the front and rear base bars to the main-frame, install the seat and handlebar posts and finally the console and the pedals.
This shouldn’t take more than 30-40 minutes. The MaxKare indoor cycle manual will guide you through the assembly steps and thankfully the tools required for it are all included.
Note: Please pay attention to the pedal assembling, the left pedal needs to be screwed in counter-clockwise. As for the maintenance, a periodic check for loose bolts and parts is recommended.
Luckily, the transmission is a belt (not a chain) so it does not require any lubrication. Other than this, wipe off the sweat with the towel after the workout and keep the liquids away from the console unit.
MaxKare Magnetic Exercise Bike Pros:
Low-maintenance, smooth and silent
Thanks to the combination of durable belt, heavy flywheel, and magnetic resistance, the MaxKare magnetic exercise bike is extremely smooth, quiet and needs very little maintenance. Unlike chain bikes, the belt is quiet and doesn’t need lubing, unlike friction bikes, the magnets are silent and don’t wear out.
- Fully adjustable handlebars with custom sweat-resistant grips built for comfort to avoid any hand fatigue.
- Heavy-duty and high durability steel frame construction with up to 264 pounds in weight capacity.
- Fully adjustable saddle with to allow most bike riders no matter the height can properly fit your bike.
- Excellent inseam capacity of Min 27.5 inches and max 36 inches.
- Adjustable pedal straps to ensure feet are secure in place keeping balance and comfort.
- Transport wheels for easy storage and portability.
- Convenient water bottle holder within arm’s reach.
- Adjustable foot levelers for the stability of the machine to your floors.
- Secure tablet holder built on top of the console.
- Push down magnetic emergency braking system.
- 30 Pound heavy flywheel for a consistent momentum and intense workout.
- Smooth, almost silent belt drive.
- Bi-directional flywheel to engage different muscle groups.
- Manual magnetic resistance, with no friction.
- Bike computer included – it can track time, distance, total distance, speed, and calories.
- Tools for an easy assembly are included.
- Little maintenance required.
MaxKare Magnetic Exercise Bike Cons:
This MaxKare magnetic indoor cycling exercise bike comes with a computer which is nice of the company to include it with the bike because most budget spin bikes don’t have one. But unfortunately, it is too small and dark which makes it difficult for the riders to see the workout feedbacks during the workout in the low-light condition.
- The MaxKare magnetic indoor cycle does not have SPD elements on the pedals.
- A tablet placed on the tablet holder will cover the monitor.
- The exact Q-factor information is not disclosed.
Last Word on MaxKare Magnetic Indoor Cycling Bike:
You can unleash your inner beast with the MaxKare magnetic belt drive indoor cycling bike without disturbing the rest of the family with excessive noise. Featuring a 30-pound flywheel designed, the MaxKare offers a maximum stability force momentum forward in your legs.
This top of the line spinning bike is the latest release from the MaxKare spin bike series and comes with an affordable price tag and some excellent features. The Maxkare magnetic indoor cycling bike is made of sturdy metal and built to last.
With four different settings for the handlebars and fully adjustable saddle, the riders of different body shapes and sizes can customize the bike for a comfortable spinning workout.
It has multiple settings for resistance, for the lazy days or times when you want to ride uphill all day. It also has a magnetic resistance system, so there are no touching parts to wear out or break down.
This bike comes with assembly tools, a generous warranty, and a media tray. There is also a computer screen to monitor some of the progress you are making: speed, time, distance traveled, heart rate, and calories burned.
Overall the MaxKare magnetic spin bike is a great investment in your health that will last! Considering the features, this bike is a great value for the money. It’s the top of the line from this brand, as well as among spin and exercise bikes under $400. If you want a cheaper indoor cycle, you may consider one of these Echanfit bikes.