L Now D808 Upright Bike Review
Sized to provide a low-impact cardio workout for riders from 5’1″ feet to 6’3″ tall, with simple and solid construction, the L Now upright bike D808 is one of the best-rated products from this brand.
L-Now magnetic upright exercise bike retails for less than $500 including delivery. Its specs such as a belt-driven system, 300-pound weight capacity, effective flywheel, durable belt-box, and fully adjustable seat are impressive.
If your priority is comfortable low-impact cardio workout, you’ll likely find that L-Now upright bike with magnetic resistance fits the bill for your home workouts.
A comfortable cushioned fully adjustable seat is a must-have for upright bikes, and it is a strength of the L-Now indoor stationary bike D808. The seat designed to move fore/aft up/down to fit the rider comfortably. It also has plenty of padding so you wouldn’t need another seat or even seat cover.
The handlebars can be also tilted to provide a customizable experience for user comfort. They also included two pulse sensors to keep you aware of your heart rate during exercise.
Additionally, the L-Now magnetic upright bike includes an excellent tablet holder. It allows you to place your notebook, iPad, smartphones, even magazines on the holder to enjoy exercising.
Some other noteworthy qualities of the L-Now D808 magnetic upright bike are adjustable base levelers (great for rock-solid steady rides on unleveled frames) and durable transport wheels so you can move the bike without too much effort.
Despite the fact that the D808 model is built for residential use, it has a heavy-duty crank and steel frame that can support up to 300 pounds user weight.
To give peace of mind, the factory warranty covers one year on frame and all the parts. While it is not impressive, it is better than what many other brands offer for their budget upright stationary bikes. See more specs in this L-Now D808 upright bike review below.
L-Now D8080 Comparison!
This is where we usually compare the bike with other bikes within the same price point and tell you if it is good value. Unfortunately, for the price, this L-Now upright exercise bike lacks some basic and advanced technology features. Therefore, despite the fact that we like the D808 and it is highly rated on Amazon, we don’t believe it is your best bet for the price on the market.
Here is a list of shortcomings for D808 that can be found in other upright bikes at the same price point: The D808 L-Now upright bike comes with only 8 resistance levels and it is manually adjustable (not electronically) which means no preset built-in programs for you. The monitor is dark and not backlit which makes it difficult to see in low-light conditions. It lacks internal memory and Bluetooth connectivity which means your daily workout and progress can’t be saved. It also means you won’t be able to connect the bike online and exercise with other people around the world using services such as Google Maps.
On top of that, the L-Now upright bike lacks in built-in speakers, MP3 input, USB phone charging, and user profiles to save your workouts and basic info (height, weight, etc) for a more accurate calorie calculation. While it has a recovery button on the LCD, it doesn’t change the resistance gradually because the resistance is old-style manually adjustable. Two last things before I forget, are the short warranty (1-year on everything) and the single track monitor which means if you place a tablet on the bike, you can NOT see the workouts on the LCD anymore.
Now that you know the shortcomings of L-Now D808 upright exercise bike, you might be wondering what are your other options within the same price point. Well, here is one of the best upright exercise bikes that I recommend.
The Nautilus U616 upright bike, not only it has every single feature that L-Now D808 lacks in, but it is also $50 cheaper. Instead of “9 manual resistance levels”, it has “25 Smart Electromagnetic resistance levels”. It has 29 built-in programs vs ZERO on D808. It has Bluetooth, large blue backlit LCD, speakers, cooling fan, phone/tablet charger USB port, and MP3 input.
And if that’s not enough to convince you to buy the U616, you should know this bike comes with 10-year on the frame, 3-year on parts, 1-year electronics, and 90-day labor warranty. But if you are still not convinced, know that U616 has a “DualTrack” monitor, which means even with your tablet on the bike, there is a separate LCD monitor that will allow you to see your workout progress.
No to mention the U616 is by the world’s leading fitness industry brand. Now that you know your options, if you are still interested in L Now upright bike, keep reading this D808 review.
To make it easy for you to navigate through this ultimate L Now upright magnetic resistance bike review, I have created the table of content below.
- Technical Information
- L Now D808 specification
- L-Now upright D808 monitor
- Pedals and Q-factor
- L-Now D808 flywheel
- L Now D808 resistance technology
- D808 magnetic bike drive system
- Handlebars and seat
- Live in Now D808 price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- L Now D808 upright magnetic bike pros
- L Now D808 upright magnetic bike cons
- Last word on the L-Now upright magnetic stationary bike D808
L Now D808 Specifications:
- Height: 57″
- Width: 20″
- Length: 50″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Foot Levelers: Yes, 4
- Bike Weight: 66 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 300 Pounds
- User Height: 5’1″ to 6’3″
- Shipping Weight: 75 Pounds
Featuring a nice compact dimension and large transport wheels, the L Now magnetic resistance stationary bike is easy to store and move from one place to another place in the house.
The lightweight 66-pound frame capable of supporting up to 300 pounds user weight indicates the sturdiness while making the bike movement from one room to another very easy. Unlike cheaply made bikes, this L Now upright magnetic resistance stationary bike has wide frame stabilizers to prevent rocking during high-intensity workouts.
Additionally, the L Now D808 magnetic bike has 4 adjustable leveling feet. They will help protect the floor and keep the bike stable on uneven gym floors. Thanks to the leveling feet, you can use the machine on harder surfaces and carpet floor with a protective mat.
But that is just the beginning of what this residential use L Now stationary bike with magnetic resistance has to offer. The L Now D808 upright bike has received multiple phases of paint to resist against corrosion. It also has a sweat resistance durable belt box to minimize noise and maintenance.
L Now magnetic resistance exercise bike is an affordable lightweight residential use bike which means it is not made for commercial use. Considering the features and construction of L Now D808, I recommend it for a maximum of two people daily use.
L-Now Upright D808 Monitor:
- L Now D808 monitor displays the RPM, time, cal, HR, speed, and distance.
- The monitor is not compatible with non-coded wireless HR straps.
- The monitor is non-backlit so it is hard to see the stats in low-light condition.
- L Now D808 monitor is wired and it is not Bluetooth or ANT/+ enabled.
- The computer runs on 2 AA batteries (included).
- Time and calorie goal can be set up.
- It doesn’t have a cooling fan, speakers, MP3 input, USB device charger port, user profile, USB port to sync workouts, built-in programs, or App connectivity.
The L Now upright bike with magnetic resistance console is not compatible with wireless heart rate chest straps, but it has pulse sensors allowing you to stay within target heart rate training zones as you workout. In its price class, the D808 fitness monitor is too basic. There are other upright bikes that include all the above features.
The non-backlit monitor makes it difficult to see your spinning workout stats in the low-light condition. It is also not wireless which means the sensor on the flywheel sends data to the monitor via a cable. Therefore, if you not careful when moving the bike, the wire can be crimped and cause maintenance.
The L Now exercise bike with magnetic resistance does not track the watts. It also doesn’t have internal memory, Bluetooth or ANT/+ connectivity. Therefore, you can’t save daily workouts on the monitor or on spinning Apps.
- L Now D808 exercise bike has single side toe cage pedals.
- Toe pedal straps are adjustable to secure the feet during the ride.
- The size of Q-factor for this L-Now bike is not disclosed.
- This indoor stationary bike is built with standard 9/16″ pedal thread.
This Live in Now exercise bike features thick and solid crank arms and toe cage pedals. Built and designed with residential standard, the L Now D808 magnetic exercise bike can support all upright workouts including interval training. Rest assured, the pedals and crank arms won’t snap off during intense workouts.
This “Live in Now” upright bike has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread size. So, you can replace its pedals with pretty much any type of pedals on the market if they ever break.
The Q-factor, one of the most important features when buying indoor bikes is not disclosed. But since no one is complaining about this aspect, we believe it is anywhere from 7.5″ inches to 8 inches which is acceptable.
In case this is your first indoor exercise bike, the q factor is the horizontal distance between the two pedals. Wide q factors tend to keep riders’ feet too far apart which can cause injuries if you have narrow hips.
Tip: Unlike spin bikes, the D808 exercise bike is not for out of the saddle workouts. So, I suggest you ride the bike only seated.
L-Now D808 Flywheel:
- L Now D808 flywheel weighs 9 pounds to provide a fast, smooth and quiet indoor exercise.
- The flywheel and drive mechanism has a plastic sweat protection guard.
- It has the fixed-wheel bidirectional flywheel system.
The L Now D808 flywheel is not impressive weighing 9 pounds. But it is not a huge factor because this bike uses magnetic resistance system. If the resistance was friction, the 9-pound flywheel would have been a deal breaker.
Combined with magnetic resistance, the 9-pound flywheel is capable of providing a smooth non-jerky pedaling motion with a good range of challenges to meet the needs of beginner trainees (not elite or mid-level trainees).
Just like any other budget exercise bike, the L Now D808 exercise bike is fixed-wheel (fix-gear). Meaning the flywheel starts and stops with the pedals. And that has a pro and a con. While it allows you to pedal reverse and simulate different leg muscles, it doesn’t allow you to take a short break or jump off the bike until the flywheel completely stops.
Note: Freewheel bikes are more expensive. They work similarly to bicycles. Meaning even after you stop pedaling, the flywheel still turns. So, you can jump off the bike in case of emergency or take a few second brakes whenever you want, without having to wait for the flywheel to stop.
L Now D808 Resistance Technology:
- L Now D808 exercise bike has the magnetic resistance system.
- There are 8 resistance levels adjustable via a knob located below the handlebars.
- The L-Now magnetic stationary exercise bike comes with manually knob adjustment system (not electronically).
- Resistance system along with the flywheel has a sweat protection cover.
- There is no emergency braking system on this model.
This L Now D808 upright bike has 8 levels of magnetic resistance system. It is silent and virtually maintenance-free which makes it perfect for at home workouts. You can exercise on the bike at any time of the day without disturbing your family. Because unlike friction system, the magnets don’t come in contact with the flywheel, therefore, there is no annoying noise, wear and tear.
While the 9 levels of resistance create a challenging workout for beginners and senior users, it is not enough for those with higher fitness level and pro riders.
Unfortunately, the L Now D808 resistance is also manually adjustable which is not as precise and convenient as electromagnetic and it’s usually found in cheaper bikes.
In fact, the lack of precise resistance change is the reason, this bike goes from easy to difficult within 9 resistance levels while an electromagnetic bike goes from easy to difficult within 20 levels of resistance. Electromagnetic system changes the resistance naturally, gradually, and smoothly. Also, the Smart electromagnetic system automatically controls the resistance to mimic the terrain/built-in workout programs (uphill, downhill, flat road, etc).
D808 Stationary Bike Drive System:
- L Now magnetic D808 upright bike is belt driven.
- It is quiet and requires little maintenance.
- Includes a high speed, high inertia drive system flywheel for easy start-up and smooth, consistent workouts.
- The gear ratio is not disclosed.
- It has a high-quality belt and a durable belt box.
If you have been reading this L Now magnetic upright bike review, you already know this stationary bike is belt driven. But let’s see why it is better than chain drive bikes.
Belt system doesn’t have hundreds of tiny rings and pins, plates, and rollers like a chine do. Therefore, it has less maintenance and lasts longer. But that is not the only benefits of belt driven upright bikes.
Featuring belt makes the bike quieter and eliminates the need for oiling. And if the belt is high quality like the one this L Now cycling bike is equipped with, it doesn’t slip, tear or stretch. So, you don’t need to deal with adjustment tools often.
Looking at the size of the belt-ring and 9-pound flywheel, I believe this L Now exercise bike has a relatively high-gear ratio which means the flywheel turns faster but with less intensity and momentum, especially the very first seconds of exercise.
If you prefer a lower gear ratio system with more momentum and intensity, I recommend you pick a model with a heavier flywheel. But if you prefer a higher gear ratio flywheel which has an easy fast startup, this bike should be fine.
Handlebars and Seat:
- Multiple grip possibilities for the handlebars so you can hone in on specific muscle groups to workout more comfortably.
- Fully adjustable seat making it possible for people of most body sizes between 5’1″ – 6’3″ to comfortably exercise.
- Stainless steel seat post.
- Handlebars can be tilted, they are not up/down fore/aft adjustable.
- L Now upright bike magnetic stationary D808 includes built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars.
Designed for comfort, the L Now D808 magnetic stationary bike features an adjustable seat that moves fore and aft as well as up and down so that many trainees can acquire a safe custom fit.
The seat is curved, cushioned and wide to reduce pressure during longer rides. It is a comfortable seat and rare to find on budget bikes.
Additionally, this L now stationary bike features high-quality knob adjustment system. They tighten nicely, so you don’t need to worry about the bike jostling during intense workouts.
As I mentioned earlier in this L Now D808 magnetic stationary bike review, the seat is soft padded and comfortable to support the long rides. So, when you buy L NOW D808, you don’t necessarily need to spend on seat cover or seat replacement. However, if you want to change the seat, the replacements are widely available on the market because this bike uses the standard seat clamp size.
Live in Now D808 Price and Warranty:
- L Now D808 indoor bike price is around $500.
- This Live in Now D808 exercise bike includes residential warranty:
- 1-Year on the frame and all the L-Now upright bike parts.
- This bike doesn’t come with a labor warranty.
- To order parts under warranty you can contact the seller through Amazon messages or through this L Now customer service email: LNOWBIKE@hotmail.com.
Depending on where you buy this L Now D808 upright bike the price is different. On Amazon U.S, you can purchase the L Now D808 magnetic bike for under $500.
On Amazon U.S. you may also find the L Now D808 discounted or even second hand sometimes, but that doesn’t happen often since there is a high demand for L-Now bikes.
This L-Now stationary bike comes with one year warranty for the entire bike which is not impressive at all for an upright bike at this price point. Some brands like Nautilus offer way more generous warranties for similar bikes.
Shipping and Assembly:
- The L Now D808 manual and assembly tools are included.
- L-Now D808 assembly is fairly easy with only a few parts to install.
- Set-up time is only about 20-30 minutes because the unit arrives mostly assembled.
- This bike includes free shipping in the U.S.
- Live in Now magnetic upright bike ships in one box that weighs around 70 pounds.
- Expert assembly is not included.
The Live In Now D808 bike comes with free shipping and in one relatively lightbox that weighs around 70lbs. You can ask the carrier to help bring the bike inside or unbox the bike outside and bring inside in tow pieces.
Aside from the bike, there are the L Now upright stationary bike assembly tools and manual in the box. So, you wouldn’t need to buy, borrow or use other tools for assembly of D808 bike.
The L Now D808 upright bike comes about 80% assembled, which helps you save $70 on the assembly cost. Remaining assembly is relatively straight-forward but might still take you 30 minutes.
Assembly manual is very easy to follow as long as you pay attention to detail and have little mechanical common sense. It is recommended to do the assembly with 2 people.
The parts that you need to assembly are leg stabilizers, pedals, seat, handlebars and computer. The flywheel, drive mechanism and crank arms come pre-assembled.
L Now D808 Upright Magnetic Bike Pros:
Belt driven system:
This L Now D808 upright bike with magnetic resistance guarantees a smooth, natural feel and workout experience easy on the joints. The belt driven system helps create a quiet and low-maintenance workout. Unlike chain-driven bikes, the L Now D808 exercise bike drive system doesn’t require lubing so your gym floor and spin clothes are always clean.
Although lacking in advance features, this L Now D808 indoor stationary bike is built with the user comfort in mind with a padded seat, multi-grip curved handlebars, and tablet holder within an arm’s reach.
Handlebars and seat:
L Now D808 stationary magnetic bike includes tilt adjustable handlebars and fore/aft adjustable seat. Therefore, can set up the bike for a comfortable ride. Note: The handlebars are NOT up/down fore/aft adjustable like spin bikes. They are tilt adjustable via an easy to reach knob to allow multiple riding postures to make your training more comfortable.
L Now indoor stationary bike D808 tracks rider’s heart rate “HR” via built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars. Knowing your HR is an important factor, especially if your doctor advises you to stay within a certain HR range. Also looking at the heart rate, you can understand which exercise zone you are. For, example 100-120 beat per minute indicates you are in health improvement zone while 120-150 beat per minute indicates you are in the fitness zone (fat burning zone).
- Durable transport wheels for easy indoor portability.
- 4 Adjustable feet leveling for a steady and stable ride on all types of floors.
- Integrated tablet holder keeps your mobile device secure and at eye level during workouts.
- Magnetic resistance supports a silent, smooth and unhindered pedaling motion.
- 4-Way adjustable seat makes it easy for multiple people to enjoy the same fitness machine.
- L Now D808 bike features an easy assembly process.
- Multi-grip handlebars provide a comfortable exercise for riders.
- Equipped with a sturdy steel frame and crank system that support up to 300 pounds user weight.
L Now D808 Upright Magnetic Bike Cons:
The console is fairly basic and comes without built-in workout programs, backlight, speakers, USB charging ports, user profile, ANT/+ or Bluetooth connectivity. This type of monitor at this price point is considered too basic.
L Now D808 upright exercise bike comes with 8 resistance levels while other exercise bikes have 20-25 levels to gradually change the resistance from easy to medium and difficult. Another drawback is that the L Now D808 comes with manually adjustable resistance which means resistance change is not as precise and smooth as an electromagnetic system.
- No Bluetooth or ANT/+ connectivity to allow set, track and monitor your progress on the fitness apps.
- No built-in programs to do interval training, weight loss or cardio health training.
- SingleTrack LCD which means if you place a tablet on the media shelf, you won’t be able to track the workout because the tablet will cover the bike’s LCD monitor.
- There are no entertainment options such as built-in speakers, MP3 input Or USB port to charge your phone/tablet while exercising and listening to music.
- It doesn’t have cooling fans to keep you going during summer longer rides.
- The console is not telemetry enabled (not compatible with wireless chest strap).
- Too expensive considering the drawbacks.
Last Word on the L-Now Upright Magnetic Stationary Bike D808:
The L Now D808 is a good match for many beginners. And while it lacks in motivational features such as Bluetooth, backlit LCD, Electromagnetic resistance, and built-in programs, this L Now upright magnetic resistance exercise comes with durable construction.
But unfortunately for $500 it is not the best value bike on the market. If it was less than $300, I would have diffidently recommended this compact upright bike. But it is not and for the price of D808, you can buy better upright bikes.
So, considering the fact that it is not equipped with training programs and special features to keep workouts interesting, plus the high-price, I don’t feel comfortable suggesting you buy this bike.
The L NOW Upright Magnetic Resistance Bike D808 supports 300 pounds user weight capacity. This bike can provide easy and medium and even difficult workouts depending on your fitness level. Designed like a scooter bike, it has a solid construction that can provide years of indoor cycling workouts if used with care. While the console lacks entertaining functions that could potentially keep you extra motivated, it does have what it takes to keep you focused toward achieving the fitness goals. D808 is also equipped with a silent drive mechanism and a compact design that can fit about anywhere in a house. The L Now upright bike D808 combines the magnetic technology with a belt driven train system to create a quiet, enjoyable and smooth exercise for beginners and senior users.