Joroto X2 Pro Review: A better bike than I thought!
The Joroto X2Pro indoor cycling bike is a cheaper alternative for starters as well as mid-level cyclists who want to spend less than $500 on a spin bike for indoor cycling workouts.
Joroto X2 Pro belt drive spin bike is the fifth cycle by Joroto and was released in the market around the end of March 2023. I mentioned that so you know why there aren’t many consumer reviews and ratings regarding this high-quality Joroto exercise bike.
The bike features magnetic resistance which means minimum maintenance and zero annoying noise. It can be adjusted manually via dial for both, high-intensity workouts and high-cadence exercise. The adjustment knob is located in an ergonomically correct position so it is easy to reach.
Additionally, this Joroto X2 Pro exercise bike is equipped with a belt drive system which is much better (quieter and less maintenance) than chain spin bikes. And if that’s not enough, the Joroto X2 Pro spin bike has fully adjustable easy-to-use handlebars with multiple grip areas for you to vary your workout position.
In terms of durability, the Joroto bike is made of a thickened steel frame, widened front and rear stabilizers, double load-bearing beam at the bottom, and external protective covers at both sides that provide this indoor cycling bike a sturdy and stable body and up to 300 pounds weight capacity to fit for most people.
Thanks to the 35-pound flywheel and heavy frame, the X2Pro Joroto bike is extremely stable and will not easily shake or wobble. The bike will also maintain this stability during high-intensity spinning workouts. There are also feet levelers attached to the base of the bike to ensure that the bike won’t rock while working out.
As far as the console and accessories are concerned, the JOROTO X2-Pro indoor cycle includes a very basic console. It is not backlit but it tracks cadence, resistance, heart rate, distance, and speed to ensure that you know how far you have progressed.
Before we get into an in-depth JOROTO X2 Pro Indoor Exercise Bike review, it is worth mentioning this bike has a 1-year warranty which is good. And it can accommodate indoor cyclists from 27.5″ to 36″ inseam height. This may be a setback for taller people above 6 ft.
How Joroto X2 Pro Evolved From Previous Models (Comparison)
Joroto Fitness initially started with the Joroto X1s bike which is still being manufactured but because of its outdated friction resistance, low-tech tiny 1×1″ console, and unergonomic handlebar design that put the rider in an uncomfortable cycling position, the company started to develop the Joroto X2 model.
The Joroto X2 indoor bike was a great success because of its magnetic resistance that was virtually silent and maintenance free but it still had an outdated dark console that was only 2×1.5″ big and didn’t have any sort of Bluetooth connection. That’s when Joroto X2 Pro was released to make sure the company can compete in the market.
Compared to Joroto X1 and X2, the Joroto X2 Pro which is the model I tried and reviewed in this article has a few really useful and important features. First of all, it has a larger 2×3 inch console so it’s easier to see your progress. But even more importantly, it has Bluetooth and connects with heart rate monitors and also with indoor cycling applications.
On top of the mentioned improvements, the X2 Pro also provides more details of your exercise. Aside from the speed, distance, and heart rate, it gives your rpm (cadence), and load (resistance percentage) which was always missing on the X1 and X2 Joroto indoor cycling bikes.
All these improvements and yet Joroto Fitness managed to keep the price of the X2 Pro extremely affordable. In fact, they only increased quality and features but not the price because X1 used to cost $350 and X2 Pro costs $350. So, to be honest, Joroto has been pricing their products fairly and at the same time working on improving their indoor bikes.
The very latest model Joroto has developed is the X4S which is one of the best spin bikes I tried for under $1000. It has a more precisely balanced flywheel, dipped handlebars which don’t get slippery when you sweat a lot, Bluetooth for Zwift, dumbbell holders, and lastly, a better console.
Joroto X4S‘s console is 4×3 inches wide and long, plus, it has a backlit so you see better and get more details. Of course, by adding these features to the X4s, Joroto also had to increase the price but as always, this company kept it reasonable.
If you can afford to spend around $550, I do recommend the Joroto X4s over X2Pro because its superior design and features. It also includes a bottle holder, a phone holder, and a tablet holder. But if you don’t want to spend that much money, I assure you that at $350 Joroto X2 Pro is an excellent value spin bike for cycling indoors.
|JOROTO X4S||3x4-inch backlit | Bluetooth, RPM, speed, resistance/load, heart rate, distance, time, and calories||Belt-Drive|
|29.5″ to 39″||330-Pound||35-Lb (with sweat protection guard)||4-Way|
|JOROTO X3||2.5x2.5-inch no backlit | Speed, heart rate, distance, time, and calories||Belt-Drive|
|27.9″ to 36″||300-Pound||45-Lb (with sweat protection guard)||4-Way|
|JOROTO X2Pro||2x3-inch no backlit | Bluetooth, RPM, speed, resistance/load, heart rate, distance, time, and calories||Belt-Drive|
|27.5″ to 36.2″||300-Pound||35-Lb (with sweat protection guard)||4-Way|
|JOROTO X2||2x2-inch no backlit | Speed, heart rate, distance, time, and calories||Belt-Drive|
|27.5″ to 36.2″||280-Pound||35-Lb (NO sweat protection guard)||4-Way|
|JOROTO X1||2x2-inch no backlit | Speed, heart rate, distance, time, and calories||Chain-Drive|
|25.6″ to 35.4″||280-Pound||35-Lb (NO sweat protection guard)||2-Way|
Comparable Indoor Cycling Bikes to Consider
JOROTO Sports and Fitness X2 Pro indoor cycle is an excellent value option but there are some comparable products that might actually fit your needs better. Here I am going to introduce you to two indoor bikes that would be great alternatives. One is a cheaper indoor bike and the other one is a little more expensive with extra features.
The first comparable indoor bike is the Bancon. I tried and reviewed this indoor cycle some time ago when I was looking for the best spin bikes under $300 and it was the most impressive bike I tried in that category. Bancon costs nearly $150 less than the Joroto X2-Pro and yet it has Bluetooth connection, a 2×2 console, rpm, resistance, and speed readings. On top of that, it connects with Zwift and Kinomap so you can save your daily indoor cycling progress online. The main downside to this bike compared to Joroto X2Pro is its lack of horizontal handlebar adjustment. Other than that, it’s a decent exercise bike for indoor cycling.
The second comparable product to Joroto X2Pro is the Niceday indoor cycling bike. It’s almost $100 more expensive but it also has superior features including dual-sided pedals that fit gym shoes as well as clipping cycling shoes. Plus, its flywheel is 10-lb heavier and its monitor is 1-inch bigger. On top of that, Niceday indoor bike can tolerate 85-lb more user weight compared to Joroto X2-Pro which means it’s a higher quality indoor bike. In the box, there was also a metal dumbbell rack that I put two 3-lb Peloton dumbbells that I had at home. Additionally, its console is angle adjustable so you can see the screen better. If you can afford it, I honestly think Niceday is a better spin bike than Joroto X2 Pro and worth the extra $100.
Free shipping1 new from$279.99
3 usedfrom $208.48
as of September 22, 2023 8:38 am
Free shipping2 new from$499.99
as of September 22, 2023 8:38 am
- [Upgraded Framework] With a 100 lbs heavy-duty steel frame (30 lbs heavier than other bikes) and...
- [Kinomap Support] Bluetooth enabled spin bike makes indoor cycling fun. You are able to explore,...
- [Quiet Riding] By utilizing magnets to generate pressure, there is no contact between the...
- [Concealled Cable] By concealing the cables within the frame, we have not only enhanced the...
- 【Quality Exercise Bike】The Niceday spinning bike has a 110LBS heavy-duty mainframe. The...
- 【High Speed Ratio】The Niceday stationary bike features a 45LBS solid flywheel. The 45CM diameter...
- 【Infinitely Variable Resistance】The double-sided cutting magnetic control technology brings...
- 【Diversified Internet Apps】The Niceday spinning bike is compatible with Peloton, Zwift, Kinomap,...
- Height: 42.5″
- Width: 20″
- Length: 43″
- Bike Weight: 90 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 300 Pounds
- Inseam Capacity: 27.5″ to 36″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, 1
- Power Requirement: Battery (included)
The thickened triangled 90 pounds frame, dual load-bearing tubes, and wide stabilizer feet, plus the weight of the rider help this indoor cycling bike provide a rock-solid workout. The Joroto Fitness X2 Pro magnetic spin bike is designed for spinning with durable construction that can support all types of spinning workouts.
There are 4 horizontal adjustment knobs under the front and rear stabilizer to keep the bike stable on different surfaces, so the bike can always provide you safe riding even if your home gym floor is not leveled. Additionally, the Joroto magnetic X2 Pro exercise bike features a durable powder coating which is rust and scratch-resistant.
For relocating the bike after each spinning workout, the front base is equipped with two large durable transport wheel wheels. As for dimensions, compared to Jorot X3, this model has a slightly larger footprint which gives the bike the ability to accommodate taller users.
- Joroto Fitness X2 Pro magnetic bike includes a fairly basic fitness meter.
- Its console allows the rider to track the RPM, resistance, time, speed, distance, scan, and calories burned.
- It has Bluetooth wireless connectivity so you can pair the bike with Zwift and a few other spinning apps.
- It runs on AAA batteries and does not have backlit sot at night you need to keep the light on to better see your progress.
- X2 Pro Joroto exercise bike comes with a tablet holder that fits devices up to 15 inches and a phone holder.
The computer included with this JOROTO spin bike, displays your time, speed, scan, distance, and calories burned. Fortunately, it also has chest strap connectivity. So, you can track your heart rate on the monitor. Overall, it enables you to see some basic workout progress and stay motivated and on pace.
It is not a high-tech computer especially compared to some of the spin bikes with screens that I tried. But it is common for the price point, I am actually impressed that it reads and displays load/resistance and rpm/cadence.
On this monitor, you can’t save stats but because it has FTMS Bluetooth connection, you can install an indoor bike application like Zwift or Kinomap on your phone or tablet and then connect the bike to the app. This way you can see your progress on a better screen and also save your daily progress online.
Thankfully the Joroto X2 Pro belt-driven cycling bike comes with two media shelves. One serves as a tablet holder while the other one can safely hold your phone to allow you to watch spinning videos/classes or watch movies and stay entertained.
If you want to track your workouts and join spinning apps such as Zwift for a more exciting ride, I suggest you connect this bike to QZ application and then use the QZ app as a bridge to connect to Peloton, Zwift, Strava, or Kinompa or simply use the QZ as your cycling app. It costs less than $5 for lifetime and it’s available for IOS and Android.
- JOROTO X2 Pro magnetic indoor cycling bike features adjustable caged foot pedals.
- They don’t have the cleating to clip in spd or Delta cycling shoes.
- X2 Pro bike has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread so the spd replacements are available widely.
- The q-factor is not disclosed.
JOROTO X2 Pro magnetic bike has durable steel toe-caged pedals. They are designed with adjustable straps and buckle to fit different size feet and keep them in place safely during intense spinning exercise.
Thankfully the thread of the pedal is standard which means they have the 9/16″ thread size. Therefore, you can replace them with regular SPD pedals widely available on the market.
SPD compatible pedals cost around $40 allowing you to ride the bike with clip-in indoor cycling shoes for a safe and comfortable ride. Lastly, regarding the q-factor, JOROTO Fitness hasn’t disclosed the q-factor information for this bike and we are waiting for confirmation from the company.
In case you are new to cycling, the q-factor is the distance between the pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is because it can keep your feet aligned with your knees and hips and minimize stress on these joints.
The Q-factor between 160 mm to 190 mm is highly recommended as it can help to position your feet naturally on the pedals, which results in a healthy pedaling motion with zero lateral stress on the knees and ankles.
- Joroto Fitness X2 Pro indoor cycling bike flywheel weighs 35 pounds to deliver a close to the natural ride.
- The flywheel is fixed and bidirectional.
- It doesn’t have a cover like Echelon EX15 to keep the flywheel edges hidden.
- It is chromed which gives it a good look and makes it easy to clean.
This flywheel is considered good, weighing 35 pounds, designed for a more natural ride and consistent momentum. It’s fixed and bi-directional, which means you can pedal in reverse.
The benefit of fixed-wheel (fixed-gear) is that you can double the number of workouts and by pedaling reverse simulate different muscle groups. A disadvantage of fixed-gear is that you can not take a two-second break or immediately dismount the bike in case of an emergency until the flywheel stops turning.
The fixed-flywheel is connected with the pedals, so you will have to wait until the flywheel and pedals stop before you can get off the bike. There are a few indoor cycling bikes with smart release (free-wheel) systems. But they cost more than $1000.
Overall the Joroto exercise bike X2 Pro produces a smooth pedaling experience thanks to the combination of the magnetic system, belt, and heavy flywheel resulting in extra stability and smoothness for the pedaling motion.
- Joroto X2Pro indoor exercise bike has magnetic resistance to provide a smooth responsive ride.
- There are seven strong magnets for high cadence and high-intensity spinning exercises.
- Resistance is manually adjustable using a knob
- Its current resistance is shown on the console based on 0 to 100%.
- It also has an emergency push-to-stop function on the knob.
- X2 Pro bike resistance does not automatically adjust when connected to Zwift or Peloton.
One of the main selling factors of this JOROTO indoor cycle bike is its silent magnetic resistance system. This indoor cycling bike trainer with magnetic resistance and belt drive is perfect for home cardio exercise.
Here is what you need to know about this model! Despite the fact that the flywheel is lighter compared to a few other bikes that you can see in this best spin bike reviews, the Joroto X2 Pro is capable of providing a high-speed workout as well as high-intensity challenging workouts, thanks to its high-quality powerful magnets.
Just like I mentioned earlier in this Joroto indoor exercise bike X2 Pro review, this indoor cycling bike is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system. So, the resistance adjusts manually via a knob (not electronically). Therefore, you don’t need electricity to be able to use the bike.
In addition to quiet operation, the JOROTO magnetic X2 Pro exercise bike resistance is also virtually maintenance-free. Unlike bikes with friction resistance, the resistance does not wear out and you won’t have to go through the hassle of changing the brake pad like you would for friction bikes.
Fortunately, the resistance level is readable and displayed on the console. Therefore, you would know the current exact level or your previous level. It comes in handy when you are following online classes like those on the Peloton app or iFit.
Lastly, the resistance also serves as an emergency brake; by pressing it down you can immediately stop the flywheel, which may be necessary in case of emergency or if you want to alternate normal with reverse pedaling sessions.
- Joroto X2 Pro features a belt-drive design for a quiet and smooth workout.
- This bike has a fixed-gear single belt direct drive mechanism.
- Its transmission is a Poly-V belt which is not as durable and power-efficient as Carbon Blue (Toothed) belts.
- X2-Pro Joroto Fitness cycling bike has a xis system for belt adjustment that is inferior to press-down roller adjustment systems.
In addition to the magnetic system, one of the aspects that I like about X2 Pro Joroto indoor cycle bike is the belt drive. In fact, it is the combination of the belt with magnetic resistance that makes this cycle stand out from the crowd.
Featuring a heavy-duty belt drivetrain comes with several advantages. For example, it doesn’t require lubing so you wouldn’t have to deal with the mess that oil could make on your floor.
The other benefits include low-maintenance because the belt is one piece, unlike a chain with 100+ little pieces. And last but not least, the belt does not generate as much vibration as the chain does, therefore, it is extremely quiet and smooth.
Joroto cycling bike with blet-drive and magnetic resistance is made for indoor cycling workout for all fitness levels therefore, it has durable and solid crank arms. It can support the rider in all cycling positions include off the seat full-body high-intensity workouts. Both features provide the user with a nearly silent workout, so you will never disturb someone in the other who is sleeping or watching TV.
- The seat and handlebars are 4-way adjustable for a safe bike fit and comfortable ride.
- Handlebars are equipped with skid-proof, sweat-absorbing materials.
- There are time-trial grip, hook grip, and extension grip options on the grips
- There are 7 levels of adjustments in height to fit inseams from 27.5″ to 36.2″.
- It is a 2″ thick well-padded foam trekking style seat designed for comfort.
- Seat size is; 10.6 L” 8.3 W” 4.3 H” and its post standard in case you need to change the seat.
- There are no elbow pads or drop/racing grips on the handlebars, unfortunately.
The handlebars are 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike setting and to provide a safe and comfortable ride for all your family members. There are two large device holders that make it easy for you to have the tablet and the phone on the bike watching a Netflix movie or spinning video on YouTube for a more engaging and efficient workout.
The seat provided with the JOROTO belt drive with magnetic resistance is well padded and more comfortable than many other spin bikes in this price class. It is a relatively wide leather seat which is nice for regular rides and users with wider hips.
But if you have really narrow hips and weigh less than average, you may want to consider replacing the seat with a narrower seat for less friction and chafing. I suggest you not to buy the bike seat already, ride the bike to see how it feels. Then you can decide if it is required.
The seat has layers of soft padding and has two springs at the rear that considerably improve its overall cushioning and comfort. As for adjustment, the JOROTO X2 Pro indoor cycle bike seat can be adjusted to fit inseams from 27.5″ to 36″
Instead of regular dents, its vertical post has several adjustment holes that keep the seat tightly in place and prevent shaking or going down.
Featuring a multi-grip urethane dipped handlebar design, your workout remains comfortable when riding for long periods of time. The aero bar adds several grip possibilities and allows you to change arm positions to engage different upper muscles and prevent wrist and arm aches and fatigue.
- Joroto Fitness X2 Pro bike is available on Amazon by JOROTO Fitness (not other third-party retailers) which means better customer support.
- X2 Pro Joroto magnetic indoor cycle warranty includes 1 year on all parts.
- You can forward any support and/or warranty inquiries to JOROTO Fitness at email@example.com or contact the seller on Amazon for support.
- Currently, it’s priced at $360 which is unbeatable for competitors.
Considering all the features including the 4-way handlebar design, high-quality seat, magnetic resistance, belt, and 1-year frame and part warranty, the JOROTO Fitness indoor cycling bike is a good value for the money.
For less than $500 you are buying what a fancy fitness equipment brand would have easily priced at least $600+. And the fact that JOROTO is covering this budget home cycle for 1-year is a clear indication of its quality and value.
It is not some cheap bike with nice features that would last a few months and then goes to recycle. As for the parts under warranty or any other information in that manner, you can contact the email address provided above.
Note that JOROTO warranty doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of our limited warranty. Which is common among all fitness equipment brands.
- JOROTO indoor cycle bike comes mostly assembled. You will assemble the feet first and then the seat, handlebars, pedals, and console.
- The package includes all the needed installation tools and the manual for easy assembly.
- JOROTO X2 Pro spin bike shipping and return is free in the US if you buy it on Amazon.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs 105 pounds.
The X2 Pro by JOROTO Fitness comes with the required installation tools and assembly instruction to make the assembly process a piece of cake. So, you wouldn’t need to spend another $80 for that.
Most of the bike comes already assembled. The flywheel, the drive belt, the crank assembly, and the resistance mechanism are already attached to the mainframe.
Therefore, in terms of assembly, all you need to do is attach the front and rear base bars to the main-frame, install the seat and handlebar posts and finally the console and the pedals.
This shouldn’t take more than 30-40 minutes. The JOROTO stationary bike X2 Pro manual will guide you through the assembly steps and thankfully the tools required for it are all included.
Note: Please pay attention to the pedal assembling, the left pedal needs to be screwed in counter-clockwise. As for maintenance, a periodic check for loose bolts and parts is recommended.
The transmission does not require any lubrication since it’s a belt and not a chain. Other than this, swipe it with the towel after each workout and keep the liquids away from the console unit.
JOROTO X2 Pro Indoor Cycle Pros:
- Large transportation wheels help for easy moving and relocation. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage.
- Wide cushioned seat with ergonomic design and comfortable, keeping the rider cool and comfortable during long rides.
- Multi-use device holder with a unique design that can support the tablet, phones, and other personal accessories.
- 4 Way handlebar allows forward/back and up/down adjustment to fulfill different riders’ demand.
- The multi-functional handlebar provides you with different cycling positions.
- Bidirectional solid steel flywheel for stability, it provides you smooth and consistent riding.
- The low maintenance belt drive system results in a virtually silent, smooth and stable cycling experience.
- Magnetic resistance system provides a low-maintenance smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance.
- Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient multi-control resistance system.
- Heavy-duty and high durability steel frame construction with up to 300 lbs of weight capacity.
- Adjustable pedal straps to ensure feet are secure in place keeping balance and comfort.
- Adjustable Foot Levelers for the stability of the machine to your floors.
- The push-down braking system for emergency situations and Bluetooth connection for Zwift and Kinompa cycling.
- Extremely smooth, quiet and needs little maintenance and great US-based support.
JOROTO X2 Pro Indoor Cycle Cons:
- JOROTO X2Pro magnetic belt-driven indoor cycle bike does not have SPD elements on the pedals.
- Its resistance is only manually adjustable so it doesn’t automatically adjust when you connect the bike to Zwift and Kinomap.
- No drop/racing handlebars or elbow pads for longer indoor cycling rides.
- This indoor cycling bike comes with a computer which is a good thing because most budget spin bikes don’t have one. But unfortunately, it is too small and dark which makes it difficult for the riders to see the stats in low-light conditions.
The Joroto Fitness X2 is an indoor cycle that has been designed for maximum stability and smooth rides. It doesn’t have an electronic resistance like Echelon EX1 and EX3 but its magnetic resistance technology allows you to manually increase the tension using a resistance control knob.
On top of that, it has a smooth and silent belt drive mechanism which requires low maintenance. Unlike chain indoor cycling bikes, you don’t have to oil the belt or adjust it too often.
Overall the combination of belt and magnetic system create a way better indoor cycling experience than the combination of chain and friction resistance system.
Additionally, this Joroto stationary bike is made with heavy-duty steel and has a maximum user weight of 300 pounds. It also has a fully adjustable seat and handlebars which means you can move it in 4 different directions to meet your need.
The fact that the seat and handlebars are fully adjustable allows pretty much everyone in your family to adjust and ride the bike comfortably. Joroto X2Pro seat is also padded and can support longer cardio workout indoor rides.
Overall the JOROTO X2Pro exercise bike is very silent and allows you to ride any time of the day or night without worrying about disturbing anyone sleeping in the house. All in all, it’s a great entry model for an indoor cycle and the magnetic resistance makes it a lot of fun.