Inspire Fitness ICX Indoor Cycle Review
Helping you mix fitness with pleasure, the new Inspire Fitness ICX indoor cycle combines high-quality parts with an RPM monitor, a sturdy frame and even more importantly, a silent magnetic resistance system to do a spin workout without disturbing anyone.
People at all fitness levels can get ideal workouts time after time, as this indoor cycling bike has a wide range of resistance setting combined with a super heavy 45lb flywheel for better momentum and for those craving a bit more of a challenging resistance.
The Inspire Fitness indoor cycle ICX is also equipped with a breathable center cutout 4-way adjustable seat to safely and comfortably fit users with different heights (suitable inseam: Min 28 Max 37″ ) while keeping them cool during summer rides.
Apart from the Eddy Current magnetic resistance technology, the Inspire Fitness ICX bike features a belt-driven system which makes this exercise bike one of the quietest budget bikes on the market.
Priced for less than $350, this Inspire Fitness cycle is among the best value magnetic spin bikes on the market. There are more details, including some cons that you need to know before buying the ICX Inspire Fitness bike. Therefore, I am going to cover each aspect in more detail in this Inspire Fitness ICX indoor cycle review down below.
This where we regularly update and compare the ICX bike with other options within the same price range on the market. And then, we tell you if the bike is a good value or not. As far as the Inspired Fitness ICX magnetic indoor cycle is concerned, it is no longer the best-value cycling bike for that price. For the same price, you can buy the Finer From exercise bike that comes with all the features of ICX plus a superior feature (SPD pedals and tablet holder).
The Inspire Fitness ICX “WAS” one of the first magnetic spin bikes that had truly revolutionized the way we experienced budget indoor cycling bikes at home, thanks to its silent magnetic resistance, heavy flywheel, belt-driven system, and sturdy construction.
But today, in 2020 for the same price you can buy a fully adjustable magnetic spin bike with the SPD clip pedals. It has everything the ICX offers, plus more. Therefore, if your budget is under $400, I recommend the Finer Form.
- Inspire Fitness ICX specification
- Inspire Fitness cycle computer
- Pedals and Q-factor
- Inspire Fitness ICX flywheel
- Inspire Fitness ICX resistance
- Belt drive mechanism
- Handlebars and seat
- ICX price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- Inspire Fitness ICX Pros
- Inspire Fitness ICX Cons
- Conclusion on Inspire Fitness ICX indoor cycle – magnetic resistance
Inspire Fitness ICX Specification:
- Height: 40.9″
- Width: 21.3″
- Length: 50.8″
- Bike Weight: 90 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 300 Pounds
- Inseam Capacity: 28″ to 37″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Leveling Feet: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, 1
- Power Requirement: Battery (included)
The thickened 90 pounds frame and wide base supports, plus the weight of the user help this indoor cycling bike provide a rock-solid workout. The ICX Inspire Fitness magnetic spin bike designed with durable construction that can support all types of spinning workouts.
There are total 4 horizontal adjustment knobs under the front and rear stabilizer to keep the bike stable on different surfaces, so the bike always provides you safe riding even if your home gym floor is not leveled. Additionally, the Inspire magnetic ICX exercise bike features a durable powder coating which is rust and scratch-resistant.
For relocating the bike after each spinning workout, the front base is equipped with two transport wheels. As for dimensions, compared to a few other bikes this model has a slightly larger footprint which gives the bike the ability to accommodate taller users.
Inspire Fitness Cycle Computer:
- Inspire Fitness magnetic bike includes a unique computer for the price.
- It tracks the RPM, time, speed, distance, scan and calories burned.
- Using the buttons below the screen you can set time and calorie goal and recovery time.
- The Inspire Fitness spin bike does not track the watts.
- It has no wireless connectivity (Bluetooth or ANT/+).
- It runs on batteries and does not have backlit.
- Inspire Fitness ICX exercise bike comes without a tablet holder.
The computer included with this Inspire Fitness spin bike, displays your time, speed, scan, RPM, distance, and calories burned. It enables you to see your results to stay motivated and on pace.
It is not a high-tech computer which is common for the price point but compared to the computers on similar bikes, it is much better featuring larger LCD monitor and the RPM tracks.
Unfortunately, with this monitor, you can’t save stats or ride on cycling apps online. It also lacks in backlit so you will need to keep the room light on in low-light condition if you want to see your workout progress.
It also doesn’t include a media shelf which means if you want to keep your device on the bike, you will need to buy a tablet holder separately which costs around $20.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- Inspire Fitness ICX magnetic indoor cycling bike features adjustable caged foot pedals.
- They are not SPD cycling shoes compatible.
- But thankfully the bike has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread so the spd replacements are widely available.
- The q-factor is not disclosed.
Inspire Fitness magnetic bike has durable steel toe-caged pedals. They are designed with adjustable straps and buckle to fit different size feet and keep them in place safely.
Thankfully the thread of the pedal is standard which means they have the 9/16″ thread size. Therefore, you can replace them with regular SPD pedals widely available on the market.
SPD compatible pedals cost around $40 allowing to ride the bike with clip-in spinning shoes for a safe and comfortable ride.
The q-factor is not disclosed for this bike but when I receive the confirmation from the company, I will update this part.
In case you are new to cycling, the q-factor is the distance between the pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is because it can keep your feet aligned with your knees and hips and minimize stress on these joints.
Inspire Fitness ICX Flywheel:
- Inspire Fitness indoor cycling bike flywheel weighs 45 pounds to deliver a natural ride.
- The flywheel is fixed and bidirectional.
This flywheel is considered a heavy one, weighing 45 pounds, designed for a more natural ride and consistent momentum. It’s fixed and bi-directional, which means you can pedal in reverse.
The benefit of fixed-wheel (fixed-gear) is that you can double the number of workouts and by pedaling reverse stimulate different muscle groups. A disadvantage of fixed-gear is that you can not take a two-second break or immediately dismount the bike in case of an emergency until the flywheel stops turning.
The fixed-flywheel is connected with the pedals, so you will have to wait until the flywheel and pedals stop before you can get off the bike. There are a few indoor cycling bikes with smart release (free-wheel) system. But they cost more than $1000.
Overall the Inspire Fitness bike ICX produces a smooth pedaling experience thanks to the combination of the magnetic system, belt and heavy flywheel resulting in extra stability and smoothness for the pedaling motion.
Inspire Fitness ICX Resistance:
- Inspire Fitness belt drive spin bike has magnetic resistance to provide a smooth responsive ride.
- There are several magnets for a high-cadence and high-intensity spin workout.
- Resistance is manually adjustable using a knob.
- It has the emergency push to stop function.
The main selling factor of this Inspire Fitness indoor cycle is its silent magnetic resistance technology and quiet belt driven system which make it ideal for home cardio exercise.
Here is what you need to know about this model! Featuring a heavier flywheel than competitors, the ICX magnetic indoor cycling exercise bike works well for both, the high-speed workouts as well as high intensity challenging workouts.
As I mentioned earlier in this Inspire Fitness ICX indoor cycling bike review, this bike is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system. So, the resistance is controlled manually (not electronically) which means you don’t need to find a socket to plug in the bike.
In addition to quiet operation, the Inspire fitness magnetic ICX exercise bike resistance is also virtually maintenance-free, unlike bikes with friction resistance. The resistance does not wear out and you won’t have to go through the hassle of changing the brake pad like you would for friction bikes.
Unfortunately, the resistance knob doesn’t have levels specified on it. Therefore, you wouldn’t know the exact level or your previous resistance level. But after a while of riding this bike, you will better understand how much turning the knob generates the resistance adequate to your training.
Lastly, the resistance also serves as an emergency brake; by pressing it down you can immediately stop the flywheel, which may be necessary in case of emergency or if you want to alternate normal with reverse pedaling sessions.
Belt Drive Mechanism:
- Inspire Fitness ICX features belt-drive design for a quiet and smooth workout.
- This bike has a fixed-gear single belt direct drive mechanism.
In addition to the magnetic system, one of the aspects that I like about Inspire Fitness indoor cycle bike ICX is the belt driven mechanism. In fact, it is the combination of the belt with magnetic resistance that makes this cycle stand out from the crowd.
Featuring a heavy-duty poly-v belt drivetrain comes with several advantages. For example, it doesn’t require lubing so you wouldn’t have to deal with the mess that oil could make on your floor.
The other benefits include low-maintenance because the belt is one piece, unlike chain with 100+ little pieces or rings, pins and rollers. And last but not least, the belt does not generate as much vibration as the chain does, therefore, it is extremely quiet and smooth.
Inspire Fitness ICX is made for indoor cycling workout for all fitness levels therefore, it has durable and solid crank arms. It can support the rider in all cycling positions include out of the seat full body high-intensity workouts.
Handlebars and Seat:
- Inspire Fitness saddle is 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike fit and comfortable ride.
- The seat is designed relatively narrow with a center cutout for low-friction and breathability.
- The handlebars are 2-way adjustable with safety holes on the vertical post for a comfortable safe ride.
- Despite its low price tag, the handlebars are curved semi-pro for comfort and versatile workout.
The seat is 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike setting and to provide a safe and comfortable ride for all your family members.
It is well padded and more comfortable than many other spin bikes in this price class. It is also relatively narrow which minimizes friction and chafing for riders with narrow hips.
Instead of regular dents, its vertical posts have several adjustment holes that keep the seat and handlebars tightly in place and prevent shaking or going down.
Featuring a multi-grip dipped handlebar design, your workout remains comfortable when riding for long periods of time. The aero bar adds several grip possibilities and allows you to change arm positions to engage different upper muscles and prevent wrist and arm aches and fatigue.
ICX Price and Warranty:
- ICX is sold on Amazon by Inspire Fitness (not other third-party retailers).
- The ICX magnetic indoor cycle warranty includes;
- All parts including the wearing parts are under a 1-year warranty.
- 10-Year limited frame warranty.
- You can forward any support and/or warranty inquiries to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “Tel: +1 (877) 738-1729”
Considering all the features including the dipped handlebar design, high-quality seat, magnetic resistance, belt, and 10-year frame warranty, the Inspire Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike is a good value for the money.
For $300 you are buying what a fancy fitness equipment brand would have priced it at least $450. And the fact that Inspire Fitness is covering this budget home cycle for 10-year is a clear indication of its quality and value.
It is not some cheap bike with nice features that would last a few months and then goes to recycle. As for the parts under warranty or any other information in that manner, you can contact the email address provided above.
Note the Inspire Fitness warranty doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of their limited warranty. Which is common among all fitness equipment brands.
Shipping and assembly:
- Inspire Fitness indoor cycle bike comes mostly assembled.
- The package includes all the needed installation tools and the manual.
- Inspire Fitness ICX shipping is free in the United States.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs around 105 pounds.
The ICX by Inspire Fitness comes with the required installation tools and assembly instruction to make the assembly process a piece of cake. So, you wouldn’t need to spend another $80 for that.
Most of the bike comes already assembled. The flywheel, the drive belt, the crank assembly and the resistance mechanism are already attached to the main frame.
Therefore, in terms of assembly, all you need to do is attach the front and rear base bars to the main-frame, install the seat and handlebar posts and finally the console and the pedals.
This shouldn’t take more than 30-40 minutes. The Inspire Fitness ICX manual will guide you through the assembly steps and thankfully the tools required for it are all included.
Note: Please pay attention to the pedal assembling, the left pedal needs to be screwed in counter-clockwise. As for the maintenance, a periodic check for loose bolts and parts is recommended.
The transmission does not require any lubrication since it’s a belt and not a chain. Other than this, swipe it with the towel after each workout and keep the liquids away from the console unit.
Inspire Fitness ICX Pros:
Low-maintenance, smooth and silent
Thanks to the combination of durable belt, heavy flywheel, and magnetic resistance, the Inspire Fitness magnetic spin bike is extremely smooth, quiet and needs very little maintenance. Unlike chain bikes, the belt is quiet and doesn’t need lubing, unlike friction bikes, the magnets are silent and don’t wear out.
- Dual transportation wheels provide for easy moving and relocation. simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage.
- Cushioned seat with ergonomic design, breathable and comfortable, keeping the rider cool and preventing overheat.
- The multi-functional handlebar provides you different cycling positions.
- 45-Pound bidirectional solid steel flywheel for stability, it provides you smooth and consistent riding.
- The low maintenance belt drive system results in a virtually silent, smooth and stable cycling experience.
- Magnetic resistance system provides a low-maintenance smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance.
- Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient multi-control resistance switch.
- Heavy duty and high durability steel frame construction with up to 300 lbs of weight capacity.
- Adjustable pedal straps to ensure feet are secure in place keeping balance and comfort.
- Adjustable leveling feet for stability of the machine to your floors.
- Emergency braking system.
- Bike computer included – it can track RPM, time, HR, distance, total distance, speed, and calories.
- Tools for an easy assembly are included.
Inspire Fitness ICX Cons:
This Inspire Fitness indoor cycle bike comes with 2-way adjustable handlebars which makes it difficult for some riders to have a comfortable customized bike setting.
- Inspire Fitness ICX magnetic belt driven indoor cycle bike does not have SPD elements on the pedals.
- The bike computer is not backlit making it difficult to see the stats in low-light condition.
- The bike lacks in table and phone holder.
- Low-quality transport wheels.
- Handlebars are only 2-way adjustable.
Conclusion on Inspire Fitness ICX Indoor Cycle – Magnetic Resistance:
Impressive with its high-quality customizable seat, the Inspire Fitness ICX indoor cycle is a smart choice for the typical home workout room. It operates quietly and can comfortably train all but the tallest gym users.
The RPM monitor is large and easy to see which helps to keep you motivated to exercise as intended. With its heavy flywheel, belt drive and a long warranty on frame, the ICX magnetic cycling bike is meant to serve you well for many years.
Although the Inspire Fitness ICX indoor cycle with magnetic resistance is the cheapest bike by this brand, it is one of our most favorite indoor cycles made with a quiet drivetrain and front drive to help conserve floor space.
The Inspire Fitness ICX is also a fairly new exercise bike, available since mid-March 2019, which is the reasons there aren’t many consumer reviews on Amazon compared to other bikes.
But, by the time you are reading this Inspire Fitness ICX review, there is a big chance this bike receives more high-ratings because it is the most affordable magnetic indoor cycling bike designed for spinning workouts.
The Inspire Fitness ICX is a budget indoor cycle with magnetic resistance and belt drive system designed for spin workouts. It is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance technology, an extra-heavy (45 lbs) flywheel, and also includes a fitness meter. Additionally, it has a center cutout comfortable cushioned seat.