Finer Form Indoor Cycling Bike Review
The Finer Form indoor cycling bike shares many similarities with the Cyclace bike. But there are at least three unique features that set this bike apart from many other budget spin bikes in 2020.
These two important features include an exercise meter that tracks the user’s RPM (revolution per minute), dual-sided SPD pedals, and magnetic resistance system.
Those features, plus a 35 lbs flywheel put this product on top of the budget indoor cycle arena for this year. It offers the possibility to set up goals and has the reset function.
While it’s not a commercial-grade bike, it is designed to support any spin workout for users up to 265 pounds. The user weight support is not impressive but it’s very common for low-cost indoor cycles.
Fortunately, if you weigh average, you can still get a good spin workout in the comfort of your own home with the use of the Finer Form stationary bike. Read on to see the pros, cons, and every detail of Finer Form indoor bike.
This where we regularly update and compare the Finer Form bike with other options within the same price range on the market. Currently, in 2020 the Finer Form is a good value indoor cycle.
It is fair to stay the Finer Form is one of the first spin bikes that had truly revolutionized the way we experienced budget indoor cycling at home, thanks to its RPM monitor, SPD pedals, silent magnetic resistance, heavy flywheel, belt-driven system, and sturdy construction.
- Finer Form bike specification
- Finer Form bike computer
- Pedals and Q-factor
- Flywheel weight
- Resistance system
- Drive transmission
- Handlebars and seat
- Price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- Finer Form indoor exercise bike pros
- Finer Form indoor exercise bike cons
- Conclusion on Finer Form indoor cycling bike
Finer Form Indoor Bike Technical Information:
Finer Form Bike Specification:
- Height: 42.9″
- Width: 21.″
- Length: 48.8″
- Bike Weight: 102 Pounds
- Shipping Weight: 106 Lbs
- Max User Weight: 265 Pounds
- User Height: 5′ to 6′.5″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Leveling Feet: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, 1
- Power Requirement: Battery (included)
The thickened 100 pounds frame and wide base supports, plus the weight of the user help this indoor cycling bike provide a rock-solid workout. The Finer Form magnetic spin bike designed with durable construction that can support all types of spinning workouts.
There are four horizontal adjustment knobs under the front and rear stabilizer to keep the bike stable on different surfaces, so the bike always provides you safe riding even if your home gym floor is not leveled. Additionally, the Finer Form magnetic exercise bike features a durable powder coating which is rust and scratch-resistant.
For relocating the bike after each spinning workout, the front base is equipped with two transport wheels. As for dimensions, compared to a few other bikes this model has a slightly compact footprint which makes it possible to fit in small apartments.
- Finer Form bike includes a unique computer for the price.
- It tracks the RPM, time, speed, distance, scan and calories burned.
- Using the buttons below the screen you can set time and calorie goal and recovery time.
- Finer Fitness spin bike does not track the watts.
- It has no wireless connectivity (Bluetooth or ANT/+).
- It runs on batteries and does not have backlit.
- This exercise bike comes with a tablet holder.
The computer included with this Finer Form spin bike, displays your time, speed, scan, RPM, distance, and calories burned. It enables you to see your results to stay motivated and on pace.
It is not a high-tech computer which is common for the price point but compared to the computers on similar bikes, it is much better featuring a larger LCD monitor and the RPM readings.
Unfortunately, with this monitor, you can’t save stats or ride on cycling apps online. It also lacks in backlit so you will need to keep the room light on in low-light condition if you want to see your workout progress.
This also includes a media shelf which means you can keep your device on the bike to stay entertained. Lastly, this Finer Form uses AAA batteries so you can use the bike anywhere in the house without needing electricity plugs.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- Finer Form indoor cycling bike features adjustable caged foot pedals.
- Toe cages are on one side of the pedals and SPD clips are on the other side.
- This bike also uses standard 9/16″ pedal thread so the spd replacements are widely available.
- Finer Form bike has a three-piece crank system.
- The q-factor is not disclosed.
Finer Form magnetic indoor bike has durable steel toe-caged pedals. They are designed with adjustable straps and buckle to fit different size feet and keep them in place safely. Thanks to the SPD elements on the pedals, you can use specific spinning shoes for an efficient indoor cycling workout.
The thread of the pedal is standard which means they have the 9/16″ thread size. Therefore, you can replace them with your road bike SPD pedals if you prefer.
The q-factor is not disclosed for this bike but when I receive the confirmation from the company, I will update this part.
In case you are new to cycling, the q-factor is the distance between the pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is because it can keep your feet aligned with your knees and hips and minimize stress on these joints.
- Finer Form indoor cycling bike flywheel weighs 35 pounds to deliver a natural ride.
- The flywheel is fixed and bidirectional.
- Finer Form flywheel is in front of the bike in the sweat-zone (more cleaning required).
- There is no flywheel, resistance, and bearing sweat-guard.
This flywheel is considered a heavy one, weighing 35 pounds, designed for a more natural ride and consistent momentum. It’s fixed and bi-directional, which means you can pedal in reverse.
The benefit of fixed-wheel (fixed-gear) is that you can double the number of workouts and by pedaling reverse stimulate different muscle groups. Additionally, fixed-gear (fix-flywheel) won’t allow you to take breaks (do coasting) so you get a better workout.
A disadvantage of fixed-gear is that you can not coast and recover for a second or immediately dismount the bike in case of an emergency until the flywheel stops turning.
Its fixed-flywheel is connected with the pedals, so you will have to wait until the flywheel and pedals stop before you can get off the bike. There are a few indoor cycling bikes with a smart release (free-wheel) system. But they cost more than $1000.
Overall the Finer Form produces a smooth pedaling experience thanks to the combination of the magnetic system, belt and heavy flywheel resulting in extra stability and smoothness for the pedaling motion.
Note: This exercise bike is not built with a flywheel sweat-resistance guard. Therefore, you need to be careful not to spill water during the exercise and often wipe the accessible parts of the flywheel.
- Finer Form spin bike has magnetic resistance to provide a smooth responsive ride.
- There are several magnets that can provide high-cadence and high-intensity spin workouts.
- Resistance is manually adjustable using a knob (not electromagnetic).
- It has the emergency push to stop function.
- This bike uses a dial/knob and the resistance level is not marked or displayed on the monitor.
The main selling factor of this Finer Form indoor cycle is its silent magnetic resistance technology and quiet belt-driven system which makes it ideal for home cardio exercise.
Here is what you need to know about this model! Featuring a heavier flywheel than competitors, the Finer Form magnetic indoor cycling exercise bike works well for both, the high-speed workouts as well as high intensity challenging workouts.
As I mentioned earlier in this Finer Form indoor cycling bike review, this bike is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system. So, the resistance is controlled manually (not electronically) which means you don’t need to find a socket to plug in the bike. It also means that if you connect the bike to a spinning app such as Zwift, you will not be able to change resistance automatically via the app.
In addition to quiet operation, the Finer Form exercise bike resistance is also virtually maintenance-free, unlike bikes with friction resistance. The resistance does not wear out and you won’t have to go through the hassle of changing the brake pad like you would for friction bikes.
Unfortunately, the resistance knob doesn’t have levels specified on it. Therefore, you wouldn’t know the exact level or your previous resistance level. But after a while of riding this bike, you will better understand how much turning the knob generates the resistance adequate to your average and max training.
Lastly, the resistance also serves as an emergency brake; by pressing it down you can immediately stop the flywheel, which may be necessary in case of emergency or if you want to alternate normal with reverse pedaling sessions.
- Finer Form cycle features a belt-drive system for a quiet and smooth workout.
- This bike has a fixed-gear single belt drive mechanism.
- The type of belt is not disclosed but considering the price, we believe it is a V-ribbed belt (not Carbon belt).
- Belt adjustment is done via a “fixed axis system” which is not as good as the “Press roller adjustment system”.
In addition to the magnetic system, one of the aspects that I like about this stationary bike is the belt-driven mechanism. In fact, it is the combination of the belt with magnetic resistance that makes this cycle stand out from the crowd.
Featuring a ribbed poly-v belt drivetrain comes with several advantages. For example, it doesn’t require lubing so you wouldn’t have to deal with the mess that oil could make on your floor.
The other benefits include low-maintenance because the belt is one piece, unlike chain with 100+ little pieces or rings, pins and rollers. And last but not least, the belt does not generate as much vibration as the chain does, therefore, it is extremely quiet and smooth.
Finer Form is made for indoor cycling workout for all fitness levels therefore, it has durable and solid crank arms. It can support the rider in all cycling positions include out of the seat full-body high-intensity workouts.
Note: The lack of “Carbon Belt” is not a dealbreaker (for this price) because it is something you would normally get with spin bikes that cost over $1500. The benefit of the toothed Carbon belt drive is that no matter how hard you press the pedals, the belt won’t slip. So, you won’t feel a jerky motion during high-intensity spinning sessions.
Handlebars and Seat:
- Finer Form saddle is 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike fit and comfortable ride.
- The seat is designed relatively narrow but without a center cutout so it doesn’t allow airflow.
- The handlebars are 2-way adjustable with safety holes on the vertical post for a comfortable safe ride.
- Despite its low price tag, the handlebars are curved ergonomically for comfort and versatile workout.
- There is a well-designed large bike iPad holder on the handlebars.
The seat is 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike setting and to provide a safe and comfortable ride for all your family members.
It is well padded and more comfortable than some other spin bikes in this price class. It is also relatively narrow which minimizes friction and chafing for riders with narrow hips.
But it doesn’t have center-cutout so to allow airflow during summer ride. So, in the future, you may want to consider a more padded spin bike seat with center cut design.
Another good littler detail is that instead of regular dents, its vertical posts have several adjustment holes that keep the seat and handlebars tightly in place and prevent shaking or going down.
Featuring a multi-grip dipped handlebar design, your workout remains comfortable when riding for long periods of time. The aero bar adds several grip possibilities and allows you to change arm positions to engage different upper muscles and prevent wrist and arm aches and fatigue.
The main issue with the handlebars is that there is no horizontal adjustment which means some users may not find a perfect bike fit and feel uncomfortable during longer indoor cycling sessions.
Price and Warranty:
- Finer Form exercise bike is sold on Amazon by the same brand (not other third-party retailers).
- Currently, the price of this Finer Form stationary bike is around $390.
- Its home use (not commercial use) warranty includes;
- All parts including the wearing parts are under 180-day warranty.
- 3-Year limited frame warranty.
- You can forward any support and/or warranty inquiries to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- In order to obtain this warranty, you will need to visit the “https://finerform.com/pages/warranty-policy-2” and submit the form:
- The Finer Form exercise bike warranty is not transferable.
Considering all the features including the tablet holder design, SPD pedals, magnetic resistance, belt, and 3-year frame warranty, the Finer Form Indoor Cycling Bike is a good value for the money.
Some indoor cycle brands are selling the same quality bikes for above $500 so we believe for less than $400 you are getting a good deal. And the fact that Finer Form fitness is covering this budget home cycle for 3-year is a clear indication of its frame quality and value.
The cranks, pins, welding, pedals, spindles, bearings, fitness monitor, links, and bushings are under warranty for 180 days. It is not impressive but that is normal for the price. For any other information about the warranty, you can contact the email address provided above.
Note the warranty doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of their limited warranty. Which is common among all fitness equipment brands.
Shipping and assembly:
- Finer Form indoor exercise bike comes mostly assembled.
- The package includes all the needed installation tools and the manual.
- Its shipping is free in the United States.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs around 106 pounds.
- Package Size: 40.35″ x 9.84″ x 34.25″
This exercise bike by Finer Form comes with the required installation tools and assembly instructions to make the assembly process a piece of cake. So, you wouldn’t need to spend another $80 for that.
Most of the bike comes already assembled. The flywheel, the drive belt, the crank assembly, and the resistance mechanism are already attached to the mainframe.
Therefore, in terms of assembly, all you need to do is attach the front and rear base bars to the main-frame, install the seat and handlebar posts and finally the console and the pedals.
This shouldn’t take more than 30-40 minutes. The bike’s manual will guide you through the assembly steps and thankfully the tools required for it are all included.
Note: Please pay attention to the pedal assembling, the left pedal needs to be screwed in counter-clockwise. As for the maintenance, a periodic check for loose bolts and parts is recommended.
The transmission does not require any lubrication since it’s a belt and not a chain. Other than this, swipe it with the towel after each workout and keep the liquids away from the console unit.
Finer Form Indoor Exercise Bike Pros:
Low-maintenance, smooth and silent
Thanks to the combination of durable belt, heavy flywheel, and magnetic resistance, the Finer Form magnetic spin bike is extremely smooth, quiet and needs very little maintenance. Unlike chain bikes, the belt is quiet and doesn’t need lubing, unlike friction bikes, the magnets are silent and don’t wear out.
- Dual transportation wheels provide for easy moving and relocation. simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage.
- Cushioned seat with ergonomic design, breathable and comfortable, keeping the rider cool and preventing overheat.
- 35-Pound bidirectional solid steel flywheel for stability, it provides you smooth and consistent riding.
- The magnetic resistance system provides a low-maintenance smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance.
- Dual-sided SPD and adjustable pedal straps to ensure the rider’s feet are secure in place keeping balance and comfort.
- Adjustable leveling feet for stability of the machine to your floors.
- Bike computer included – it can track RPM, time, HR, distance, total distance, speed, and calories.
- Tools for an easy assembly are included.
Finer Form Indoor Exercise Bike Cons:
This Finer Form indoor cycle bike comes with 2-way adjustable handlebars which makes it difficult for some riders to have a comfortable customized bike setting. Additionally, these handlebars lack in drop racing grips.
- The bike computer is not backlit making it difficult to see the stats in low-light conditions.
- Weight capacity is not impressive.
- The water bottle holder is not built in a convenient place.
- No sweat guard on the flywheel.
- Belt adjustment is done via axis not press down roller.
Conclusion on Finer Form Indoor Cycling Bike
Impressive with its high-quality customizable seat, the Finer Form indoor bike is a smart choice for the regular home spin workout. It operates quietly and can comfortably train all but the tallest gym users.
The tablet holder helps to keep you motivated to exercise as intended while the SPD pedals keep your feet safely in place during the workout. With its heavy flywheel, belt drive and warranty on frame, the Finer Form indoor cycling bike is meant to serve you well for many years.
It also includes an exercise meter that can track your main workout stats including the RPM. All in all, it is an excellent spin bike for high-intensity cardio workouts, muscle toning, and weight loss. Based on several criteria, we believe Finer Form exercise bike offers excellent value for the price.
The Finer Form is a mid-range indoor cycling bike equipped with a 35 lbs flywheel, magnetic resistance, SPD pedals, and a silent belt drive. It’s designed to support spin workouts of all sorts and users up to 265 lbs.