EFITMENT IC033 Indoor Cycle Review
The EFITMENT IC033 was one of the first magnetic cycles that has truly revolutionized the way we experience budget indoor cycling at home, thanks to its silent magnetic resistance, heavy flywheel, belt-driven system, and sturdy construction.
The most recent model by this fitness equipment brand, the EFITMENT IC033 magnetic belt drive performance indoor cycle bike features a comes with a few improvements and features that were missing on the older model, the IC031 bike.
To begin with, the EFITMENT IC033 spin bike has a higher range of inseam accommodation (28″ to 36″ vs 28″ to 33″) so more people in your family can comfortably ride the bike to exercise thighs, abdomen, calves and other muscles.
Another improvement is the LCD monitor, the screen is larger and displays the RPM which was missing on the previous (IC031) Efitment indoor cycle. On top of that, the IC033 Efitment indoor cycling bike comes with a better tablet holder that doesn’t cover the LCD monitor when you have a device on the bike.
Additionally, the Efitment IC033 magnetic exercise bike has a heavier flywheel for better momentum and for those craving a bit more of a challenging resistance.
The EFITMENT indoor cycle bike IC033’s seat and handlebar are both 4-way adjustable to safely and comfortably fit users with different heights (suitable inseam: Max 33″ -Min 28″).
Apart from that, the EFITMENT bike IC033 features magnetic resistance combined with a belt drivetrain which makes this EFITMENT exercise bike one of the quietest budget bikes on the market.
On top of everything else listed above, the EFITMENT IC033 comes with bio-mechanically correct q-factor. Featuring a narrow 184 mm q-factor, the EFITMENT IC033 belt drive spin bike prevents stress on the knees and ankles.
Priced for less than $500, this EFITMENT spin bike is among the best value magnetic spin bikes on the market. There are more details, including some cons that you need to know before buying the IC033 Efitment bike. Therefore, I am going to cover each aspect of this EFITMENT magnetic cycling exercise bike down below in-depth.
In addition to the EFITMENT IC033 belt-driven indoor cycle, this brand currently has at least 7 other models of spin bikes. Some of those EFITMENT indoor cycling bikes include the IC031, IC028, and IC014. If you are interested to see their differences, I suggest you search our website for EFITMENT indoor cycle bikes review and comparison.
- IC033 specification
- Efitment IC033 bike computer
- Pedals and Q-factor
- EFITMENT IC033 flywheel
- Efitment IC033 resistance
- Drive Mechanism
- Handlebars and seat
- IC033 price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- Efitment IC033 Pros
- Efitment IC033 Cons
- Conclusion on Efitment IC033 magnetic cycling exercise bike
- Height: 40.9″
- Width: 21.3″
- Length: 50.8″
- Bike Weight: 108 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 275 Pounds
- Inseam Capacity: 28″ to 36″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, 1
- Power Requirement: Battery (included)
The thickened 108 pounds frame and wide stabilizer feet, plus the weight of the user help this indoor cycling bike provide a rrock solid workout. The IC033 EFITMENT magnetic spin bike designed for spinning with durable construction that can support all types of spinning workouts.
There are total 4 horizontal adjustment knobs under the front and rear stabilizer to keep the bike stable on different surfaces, so the bike always provides you safe riding even if your home gym floor is not leveled. Additionally, the EFITMENT magnetic IC033 exercise bike features a durable powder coating which is rust and scratch resistant.
For relocating the bike after each spinning workout, the front base is equipped with two large durable transport wheel wheels. As for dimensions, compared to IC031 this model has a slightly larger footprint which gives the bike the ability to accommodate taller users.
EFITMENT IC033 Cycle Computer:
- EFITMENT magnetic bike includes a very basic fitness meter.
- Allows the rider to track the RPM, time, speed, distance, pulse, scan and calories burned.
- The EFITMENT IC033 spin bike does not track the watts.
- It has no wireless connectivity (Bluetooth or ANT/+).
- It runs on batteries and does not have backlit.
- IC033 EFITMENT exercise bike comes w/ tablet holder.
The computer included with this EFITMENT spin bike, displays your time, speed, scan, RPM, distance, calories burned and pulse using built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars. It enables you to see your results to stay motivated and on pace.
It is not a high-tech computer which is common for the price point but compared to the computer on the IC031, it is much better featuring larger LCD monitor and the RPM tracking.
Unfortunately, with this monitor, you can’t save stats or ride on cycling apps online. It also lacks in backlit so you will need to keep the light on in low-light condition if you want to see your workout progress.
Thankfully the EFITMENT IC033 belt driven bike comes with a media shelf that can serve as a tablet holder or magazine holder to keep you entertained.
If you want to track your workouts and join spinning apps such as Zwift for a more exciting ride, I suggest you buy a Wahoo sensor. It attaches to the pedal and tracks your RPM (revolution per minute) time, distance, and more. Using Bluetooth, it connects and sends data to your phone or tablet.
Read more about spin bike computer and Wahoos sensors to understand all your options for this magnetic exercise bike. Using the Wahoo app on your device (phone, tablet etc) you can also track and save your everyday progress.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- EFITMENT IC033 magnetic indoor cycling bike features adjustable caged foot pedals.
- They are not clipless SPD cycling shoes compatible.
- IC033 has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread so the spd replacements are available widely.
- The q-factor is 184 MM.
EFITMENT magnetic bike has durable steel toe-caged pedals. They are designed with adjustable straps and buckle to fit different size feet and keep them in place safely.
Thankfully the thread of the pedal is standard which means they have the 9/16″ thread size. Therefore, you can replace them with regular SPD pedals widely available on the market.
SPD compatible pedals cost around $40 allowing to ride the bike with clipless cycling shoes for a safe and comfortable ride. Lastly the q-factor, EFITMENT proudly disclosed the q-factor information for this bike. Because it is one of the best (narrowest) in its price category.
In case you are new to cycling, the q-factor is the distance between the pedals. The narrower it is, the better it is because it can keep your feet aligned with your knees and hips and minimize stress on these joints.
The 184 mm Q-factor would is truly unique for this price helping you position your feet naturally on the pedals, which results in a healthy pedaling motion with zero lateral stress on the knees and ankles.
EFITMENT IC033 Flywheel:
- EFITMENT IC033 indoor cycling bike flywheel weighs 44 pounds to deliver a close to natural ride.
- The flywheel is fixed and bidirectional.
This flywheel is considered a heavy one, weighing 44 pound, designed for a more natural ride and consistent momentum. It’s fixed and bi-directional, which means you can pedal in reverse.
The benefit of fixed-wheel (fixed-gear) is that you can double the number of workouts and by pedaling reverse stimulate different muscle groups. A disadvantage of fixed-gear is that you can not take a two-second break or immediately dismount the bike in case of an emergency until the flywheel stops turning.
The fixed-flywheel is connected with the pedals, so you will have to wait until the flywheel and pedals stop before you can get off the bike. There are a few indoor cycling bikes with a smart release (free-wheel) system. But they cost more than $2000.
Overall the EFITMENT bike IC033 produces a smooth pedaling experience thanks to the combination of the magnetic system, belt and heavy flywheel resulting in extra stability and smoothness for the pedaling motion.
EFITMENT IC033 resistance:
- EFITMENT IC033 belt drive spin bike has magnetic resistance to provide a smooth responsive ride.
- There are several magnets for a high cadence spinning exercise.
- Resistance is manually adjustable using a knob.
- It has the emergency push to stop function.
The main selling factor of this EFITMENT indoor cycle bike is its silent magnetic resistance system. This indoor cycling bike trainer with magnetic resistance and belt drive is perfect for home cardio exercise.
Here is what you need to know about this model! Featuring a heavier flywheel than the older model IC031, the EFITMENT magnetic indoor cycling exercise bike works good for both, the high-speed workouts as well as high intensity challenging workouts.
As I mentioned earlier in this EFITMENT IC033 review, the IC033 indoor cycling bike is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system. So, the resistance is controlled manually (not electronically).
In addition to quiet operation, the EFITMENT magnetic IC033 exercise bike resistance is also virtually maintenance-free unlike bikes with friction resistance. The resistance does not wear out and you won’t have to go through the hassle of changing the brake pad like you would for friction bikes.
Unfortunately, the resistance knob doesn’t have levels specified on it. Therefore, you wouldn’t know the exact level or your previous level. But after a while of riding this bike, you will better understand how much turning the knob generates the resistance adequate to your training.
Lastly, the resistance also serves as an emergency brake; by pressing it down you can immediately stop the flywheel, which may be necessary in case of emergency or if you want to alternate normal with reverse pedaling sessions.
- EFITMENT IC033 features belt-drive design for a quiet and smooth workout.
- This bike has a fixed-gear single belt direct drive mechanism.
In addition to the magnetic system, one of the aspects that I like about EFITMENT indoor cycle bike IC033 is the belt drive. In fact, it is the combination of the belt with magnetic resistance that makes this cycle stand out from the crowd.
Featuring a heavy-duty belt drivetrain comes with several advantages. For example, it doesn’t require lubing so you wouldn’t have to deal with the mess that oil could make on your floor.
The other benefits include low-maintenance because the belt is one piece unlike chain with 100+ little pieces. And last but not least, the belt does not generate as much vibration as the chain does, therefore, it is extremely quiet and smooth.
IC033 EFITMENT magnetic indoor cycle bike is made for indoor cycling workout for all fitness levels therefore, it has durable and solid crank arms. It can support the rider in all cycling positions include off the seat full-body high-intensity workouts.
Handlebars and seat:
- EFITMENT IC033 handlebars are 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike fit and comfortable ride.
- There are two pulse sensors and a table holder built-in the handlebars.
- The seat is also 4-way adjustable with safety holes on the vertical posts for a comfortable safe ride.
- It is a well-padded wide leather seat designed for comfort.
The handlebars are 4-way adjustable for a perfect bike setting and to provide a safe and comfortable ride for all your family members. There is a large tablet holder that makes it easy for you to have the tablet on the bike watching a Netflix movie or spinning video on YouTube for a more engaging and efficient workout.
The seat provided with the EFITMENT IC033 magnetic belt drive performance indoor cycle bike is well padded and more comfortable than many other spin bikes in this price class. It is a relatively wide leather seat which is nice for regular rides and users with wider hips.
But if you have really narrow hips and weigh less than average, you may want to consider replacing the seat with narrower seat for less friction and chafing. I suggest you not to buy the bike seat already, ride the bike to see how it feels. Then you can decide if it is required.
The seat has layers of soft padding and has two springs at the rear that considerably improve its overall cushioning and comfort. As for adjustment, the EFitment IC033 indoor cycle bike’s seat can be adjusted for most user heights. It is fore/aft up/down adjustable.
Instead of regular dents, its vertical post has several adjustment holes that keep the seat tightly in place and prevent shaking or going down.
Featuring a multi-grip urethane dipped handlebar design, your workout remains comfortable when riding for long periods of time. The aero bar adds several grip possibilities and allows you to change arm positions to engage different upper muscles and prevent wrist and arm aches and fatigue.
IC033 Price and Warranty:
- EFITMENT IC033 sold on Amazon by EFITMENT Fitness (not other third party retailers).
- IC033 Efitment magnetic indoor cycle warranty includes;
- All parts including the wearing parts are under 90-day warranty.
- 3-Year frame warranty.
- You can forward any support and/or warranty inquiries to EFITMENT at email@example.com.
Considering all the features including the 4-way handlebar design, high-quality seat, magnetic resistance, belt and 3 year frame warranty, the Efitment IC033 Indoor Cycling Bike is good value for the money.
For $470 you are buying what a fancy fitness equipment brand would have priced it at least 6$00. And the fact that Efitment is covering this budget home cycle for 3-year is a clear indication of its quality and value.
It is not a cheap bike with nice features that would last a few months and then goes to recycle. As for the parts under warranty or any other information in that manner, you can contact the email address provided above.
Note; EFITMENT warranty doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents subject to the terms of our limited warranty. Which is common among all fitness equipment brands.
Shipping and assembly:
- EFITMENT indoor cycle bike comes mostly assembled.
- The package includes all the needed installation tools and the manual.
- EFITMENT IC033 shipping is free.
- This bike ships in one box that weighs around 110 pounds.
The IC033 by Efitment Fitness comes with the required installation tools and assembly instruction to make the assembly process a piece of cake. So, you wouldn’t need to spend another $80 for that.
Most of the bike comes already assembled. The flywheel, the drive belt, the crank assembly, and the resistance mechanism are already attached to the mainframe.
Therefore, in terms of assembly, all you need to do is attach the front and rear base bars to the main-frame, install the seat and handlebar posts and finally the console and the pedals.
This shouldn’t take more than 30-40 minutes. The Efitment IC033 manual will guide you through the assembly steps and thankfully the tools required for it are all included.
Note: Please pay attention to the pedal assembling, the left pedal needs to be screwed in counter-clockwise. As for the maintenance, a periodic check for loose bolts and parts is recommended.
The transmission does not require any lubrication since it’s a belt and not a chain. Other than this, swipe it with the towel after each workout and keep the liquids away from the console unit.
EFITMENT IC033 Pros:
Low-maintenance, smooth and silent
Thanks to the combination of durable belt, heavy flywheel, and magnetic resistance, the EFITMENT magnetic spin bike is extremely smooth, quiet and needs very little maintenance. Unlike chain bikes, the belt is quiet and doesn’t need lubing, unlike friction bikes, the magnets are silent and don’t wear out.
- Dual transportation wheels provide for easy moving and relocation. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage.
- Wide cushioned seat with ergonomic design, breathable and comfortable, keeping the rider cool and preventing overheat.
- Multi-use device holder with a unique design that can support the tablet, phones, and other personal accessories.
- 4 Way handlebar allows forward/back and up/down adjustment to fulfill different riders’ demands.
- The multi-functional handlebar provides you different cycling positions.
- Bidirectional solid steel flywheel for stability, it provides you smooth and consistent riding.
- The low maintenance belt drive system results in a virtually silent, smooth and stable cycling experience.
- Magnetic resistance system provides a low-maintenance smooth responsive ride by increasing the magnetic field resistance.
- Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient multi-control resistance switch.
- Heavy-duty and high durability steel frame construction with up to 280 lbs of weight capacity.
- Adjustable pedal straps to ensure feet are secure in place keeping balance and comfort.
- Adjustable Foot Levelers for the stability of the machine to your floors.
- Push down magnetic emergency braking system.
- Bike computer included – it can track time, HR, distance, total distance, speed, and calories.
- Tools for an easy assembly are included.
- Little maintenance required.
EFITMENT IC033 Cons:
This EFITMENT indoor cycle bike comes with a computer which is nice of the company to include it with the bike because most budget spin bikes don’t have one. But unfortunately, it is too small and it is dark which makes it difficult for the riders to see the stats in low-light conditions.
- EFITMENT IC033 magnetic belt-driven indoor cycle bike does not have SPD elements on the pedals.
- A tablet placed on the device holder will cover the LCD monitor.
- Short inseam capacity of Min 28 inches and Max 33 inches.
Conclusion on Efitment IC033 Magnetic Cycling Trainer Exercise Bike:
The Efitment IC033 is the latest exercise bike by Efitment featuring magnetic resistance and belt drive system. While IC033 is similar to the Efitment IC031, it has a heavier flywheel, better device holder, slightly different frame construction with more user inseam capacity, and a better LCD monitor with RPM.
EFITMENT IC033 Review: Equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system, a heavy (44 lbs) flywheel, and belt drivetrain, the Efitment IC033 Indoor Cycling Bike is quiet and requires low-maintenance. Furthermore, the IC033 exercise bike includes a thick, cushioned seat that provides superior comfort for longer rides.
This budget EFITMENT IC033 spin bike brings quality along with appealing features for both novices and mid-level riders. The belt driven mechanism is good enough to provide you with smooth, irritation-free indoor exercises.
This budget EFITMENT IC033 spin bike brings quality along with appealing features for both novices and mid-level riders. The belt driven mechanism is good enough to provide you with smooth, irritation-free indoor exercises. Also, this indoor cycle has magnetic resistance which doesn’t require any maintenance unlike friction bikes, and it offers a silent ride no matter the resistance intensity. And if that is not enough, this Efitment stationary bike comes with a heavy 44lbs high-quality flywheel and a thickened frame (280lbs max user weight) giving this indoor cycling bike a rock solid build. There are total 4 horizontal adjustment knobs under the front and rear stabilizer to keep the bike stable on different surfaces, so the bike always provides you a safe riding even if your floor is uneven.