Diamondback Fitness 1260sc Studio Cycle Review
The Diamondback Fitness 1260Sc studio cycle represents this brand’s most advanced spin bike in 2020, allowing you to push beyond your limits, without having to deal with broken parts and maintenance every day. Unlike the older version (the 510IC which I don’t believe it is a good value or ergonomically designed), the Diamondback 1260Sc indoor bike is designed for “commercial” use.
So, it has better ergonomics, smoother mechanism, and more durable components. Although they label it “commercial”, I don’t believe it will last in a busy spin studio. In fact, Diamondback doesn’t believe it either or they wouldn’t have said “commercial or industrial settings, will automatically void the manufacturer’s warranty”. But with no doubt, it will deliver an awesome workout for home personal use.
The Diamondback’s 1260Sc spin bike has one of the best structures on the market at its price range – both the frame itself and all the components are made of high-quality steel, resulting in up to 300 lbs user weight capacity. To give the consumers peace of mind and prove the quality, the company offers 1-year labor and 3 years warranty on the parts.
But what really stands out about the Diamondback 1260Sc is its self-charging advanced monitor. It is capable of tracking the user’s Watt, RPM, speed, and the current resistance level. Its monitor also has the Bluetooth FTMS (Fitness Machine Service) and ANT+ connection technologies. Therefore, you can easily connect the bike to cycling apps such as Zwift and pedal your way to a better shape.
So, if you are looking for a spin bike that everyone in your family from 5’2″ to 6’5″ tall can comfortably adjust and set up for spinning workouts, the 1260Sc Diamondback Fitness studio bike is a great choice. To find out all the details, pros and cons, keep reading this Diamondback 1260sc Studio Cycle review. And if you still have a question regarding this spin bike, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through email or comment section below.
This is where I often update to let you know if Diamondback 1260Sc indoor bike is still a good value or if there are better options for the price. Currently, (2020) 1260sc studio bike is one of the best deals on the market. Bikes like L-Now D501 cost as much as this bike. And they don’t even have a monitor to track your workout, let alone professional design or Bluetooth and watt reading capability. So, if you are reading this DiamondBack 1260 Studio Cycle review, rest assured you are investing in the right product.
We have also chosen the 1260sc Diamondback to be one of our best spin bike picks in 2020. And for us who test, ride and review indoor cycling bikes on a daily basis, this indoor cycle should be special to get featured on our top 10 list. With that being said, Diamond-back 1260 has a high price tag and if you can’t afford it but still looking for magnetic resistance, I suggest you check out our best magnetic spin bikes. There, you should be able to find more affordable options.
To make it easy for you to navigate through this Diamondback 1260sc review, we have created the table content below. Click on the part that you want to learn about or read all the details to get the answers for all your questions regarding the 1260 indoor bike.
- 1260 Studio Cycle specs
- Studio Cycle 1260 monitor
- Pedals and Q-factor
- Diamondback 1260sc flywheel
- 1260SC resistance system
- Drive system
- Handlebars and seat
- Price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- Diamondback Fitness 1260sc studio cycle pros
- Diamondback Fitness 1260sc studio cycle cons
- Final word on Diamondback 1260 indoor cycle
Diamondback 1260sc Technical Information:
1260 Studio Cycle Specs:
- Height: 50″
- Width: 23″
- Length: 59″
- Package dimensions: 51″L x 10″W x 38″H
- Bike Weight: 130 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 300 Pounds
- User Height: 5’2″ to 6’5″
- Shipping Weight: 147 Pounds
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes
- Power Requirement: Self-charging
The 1260sc bike is a relatively heavy and large bike compared to many magnetic spin bikes we reviewed previously. But it has a very unique easy lift handle with convenient dual transport wheels. So, it is not really difficult to move the bike and store it after use in case you don’t have a permanent place for the bike.
Additionally, it features built-in heavy-duty dampener/levelers. You can adjust them to have a solid and more comfortable workout on different types of floors. The levelers also prevent floor scratching but we still suggest you consider a $20 exercise bike mat to keep your floor/carpet clean and provide extra protection.
Weighing 130 pounds, this Diamondback Fitness spin bike has a heavy-duty steel frame with dual coat paint to prevent rust and corrosion. And its 300 pounds user weight capacity proves the sturdiness of this badass studio cycle.
As far as the inseam goes, Diamondback Fitness 1260 cycle can accommodate pretty much all users. Thanks to its high range of seat and handlebars adjustment, the riders from 5’2″ up to 6’5″ can comfortably use the bike. But if you are shorter or taller than the mentioned height, I suggest you check out the BodyCraft SPT-Mag. It supports users from 4’10” up to 6’7″.
There is also a built-in water bottle holder on the frame to stay hydrated during the ride. Lastly, when buying this Diamondback indoor cycling bike, keep in mind that it comes in one box and you might need help bringing the bike in the house. You will read more about shipping and assembly down below.
Studio Cycle 1260sc Monitor:
- The monitor that comes with 1260sc bike includes the following features.
- It is equipped with ANT+ and Bluetooth FTMS (Fitness Machine Service) wireless protocols.
- 1260sc’s console tracks user’s RPM (revolution per minute) watt (power you create for each pedal and in total), heart rate (accurately via wireless ANT+ straps), speed, time, distance, resistance level, and calories.
- Diamondback Fitness 1260 SC is capable of sending all these states to a wide range of cycling apps including Zwift, Wahoo, and Strava.
- Subscription to neither of these apps is required but if you want to do online competitions on Zwift for instance, you will need to subscribe to that app.
- Studio Cycle 1260sc doesn’t require batteries or power plug, it is equipped with a self-charging system.
- An adjustable tablet holder is included with the bike. The maximum height of your device (tablet) can not exceed 9 inches. The width of the device in the holder is unlimited as there are no brackets on the sides.
- Note: 1260sc studio cycle’s computer doesn’t have backlit or preset-programs and the heart rate chest strap (Polar, Fitbit, etc). is not included.
The Studio Cycle 1260sc comes with a pretty good (at least for early 2020) computer that has intuitive functionality and sleek design.
It displays all your states including Cadence (RPM) and watt which comes very handy if you want to improve your pedaling efficiency or you like watching spinning videos online.
On the web, most classes are based on RPM, Watt, Resistance, or/and HR. So, as you can imagine knowing these stats are very important when following spinning videos. Additionally, they provide a great deal of encouragement to the rider.
But what makes the 1260sc Diamondback exercise bike even more fun is its wireless connection technology. I know in 2020 it shouldn’t be a big deal but unfortunately in the spin bike industry, they have been very slow. So, it is something nice to see.
It comes with ANT+ and Bluetooth FTMS (Fitness Machine Service) which is the new Bluetooth standard protocol for software to control fitness equipment. In the last two years, app developers and trainer companies have adopted the system.
In fact, Zwift rolled out Bluetooth FTMS support for running and cycling two years ago and is now the standard for all new connections across the board. The Sufferfest and TrainerRoad already support FTMS protocols and will work with any FTMS supported trainer.
Therefore, you should be able to connect this Diamondback indoor cycle to pretty much all popular apps in the industry. Aside from connectivity, this spin bike is equipped with a self-charging power system.
So, you don’t need to change batteries every day or run a cable across the home and create a mess. Plus, it gives you the freedom to ride the bike anywhere (indoor or outdoor in the patio).
There is only one thing I don’t like about the monitor of Diamondback Fitness 1260sc spin bike’s console and that is the lack of a bright blue backlit. I know it requires a bit more electricity but if they wanted, they could make this happen with the self-charging system. Life Fitness did it for IC6, IC7, and IC8, it worked perfectly.
With that being said, the absence of backlit on the digital display in this cycling machine is compensated by watt, RPM, Bluetooth, ANT+ technology and a durable and reliable construction than other models in the range.
Pedal and Q-Factor:
- Diamondback 1260sc Q factor (horizontal distance between the two pedals) is 187mm.
- Its q-factor is considered relatively narrow and safe for all riders.
- 1260sc has durable dual-sided pedals with the toe cage on one side and two-bolt SPD elements on the other side.
- 1260sc Studio Cycle has three-piece crank arms (173mm length).
When buying the Diamondback 1260sc indoor cycle, you will receive a pair of SPD and toe cage pedals. The thread size is standard 9/16 so you can easily replace them with any other SPD pedals if you prefer.
In case you are new to the cycling world, the SPD pedals allow you to use specific indoor cycling shoes for a safer, more efficient and comfortable ride. Thankfully, you won’t have to buy these pedals separately.
As far as the q-factor is concerned, this bike is safe. When there is too much distance between your feet, your ankles, knees, and hips can not stay aligned together. And that can bring excessive pressure on your knees. But you don’t need to worry when buying the Diamondback 1260sc studio bike. Because it has one of the industries leading standard q-factors (187mm).
For extra safety and to prevent injuries, the Diamondback Studio Cycle 1260 a durable steel crank arms. So, you will never have to worry about the crank arm getting snapped when you are off the seat.
Diamondback 1260sc Flywheel:
- The Diamondback 1260 flywheel weighs 31 pounds.
- This bike features precision balanced fully covered rear-flywheel for lower maintenance and extra safety.
- 1260SC is designed to keep the sweat from flywheel and magnets.
- Flywheel features low-maintenance precision sealed bearings.
- Studio Cycle 1260 SC flywheel is fixed (bidirectional).
A 31 pounds flywheel combined with magnetic resistance can really provide a smooth and 360 consistent pedal stroke. It is capable of providing high inertia smooth ride almost similar to outdoor cycling.
To minimize the noise and to eliminate the need for dealing with broken parts, the flywheel of this bike turns on quality sealed bearings. The sharp edges of the flywheel itself are covered which keeps the curious fingers away and prolongs the life of the flywheel.
Thanks to its design that puts the flywheel in the back (rather than in front), it stays away from the sweat zone. So, it is easier to clean and has less maintenance because there is no liquid (water or sweat) that will reach the bearings and magnets.
1260sc Resistance System:
- Diamondback Fitness 1260sc studio bike has the Eddy Current magnetic resistance system.
- It has a micro-adjust resistance lever with an emergency safety stop.
- There are 16-resistance levels (current resistance level can be seen on the monitor.
- Note: This bike has a manually adjustable resistance (not electromagnetic resistance). Therefore, software/apps can not automatically adjust your resistance to simulate the terrain (uphill/downhill).
If you have been reading this Diamondback spin bike review, you already know it comes with a magnetic resistance system. But you may not know the pros of the magnetic system.
The magnetic Eddy Current resistance (controlled via a lever) reacts instantly to the increase and decrease of the user’s demand without causing friction or noise.
Unlike felt pad and leather pad friction resistance bikes, the 1260 Studio Cycle’s resistance does not come in contact with the flywheel. It simply gets close and far from the flywheel in order to add or cut resistance.
Therefore, the operation is silent so you can do your indoor cycling workout early morning or evenings when your partner and neighbors are resting. Another feature that I appreciate about this bike’s resistance is the fact that you can see your current resistance level and adjust accordingly.
Note: Nowadays most spin bikes are built with magnetic resistance, but 95% of them come with a knob/dial and they don’t show your resistance level. So, you will need to guess your resistance and use the bike for some time to learn how many knob turn is your average, max, etc.
- Diamondback 1260sc has a belt-driven system.
- The information on the belt type (“Conventional V” “Toothed V” or “Ribbed V”) is not disclosed.
- It doesn’t require oiling and frequent adjustment.
- 1260sc comes with a fixed-gear (not free-wheel) drive system.
One of the selling points for this Diamondback spin bike is its silent and low maintenance drive mechanism. Thanks to the combination of belt, magnetic resistance, and sealed bearings, you will hardly hear the bike noise.
Additional good aspects of this high-quality well-thought engineering are the smooth motion and maintenance-free ride that you would enjoy with the Diamondback Fitness commercial studio cycle.
But that is not the only benefit of the belt-drive system! It also does not require oiling as the chain does and since there is no oil involved, there is very little to clean.
The last thing to know about the drive of this cycle is the fixed-gear system. It has its pro and cons. It is bad because it doesn’t allow for coasting. Basically it means you can’t rest your legs during the workout unless you completely stop the exercise. The good thing is that you can’t rest your legs when cycling so you always have to keep moving which means a better workout.
I personally prefer the spin bikes with freewheel drive system because they are similar to road bikes. But unfortunately, currently, they are expensive and cost more than $2000.
Note: The company hasn’t disclosed the type of belt they use on this bike but you should know that it matters, a lot. And we will update this part of the review as soon as we hear back from them. For your information, we believe the best belts for spin bikes should be either toothed or ribbed because when you stand on the pedals and add extra resistance level, they don’t slip.
Handlebars and Seat:
- Diamondback Fitness 1260sc has 4-way (up/down fore/aft) adjustable handlebars.
- The seat of this studio cycle is also 4-way (up/down fore/aft) adjustable.
- This indoor cycle features a durable and lightweight aluminum seat and handlebars posts.
- 1260sc indoor bike has multiple position handlebar includes Drop Loop handles.
Looking at this bike, I can tell you that almost any rider would appreciate the attention to bio-mechanics in the seat and handlebars adjustment. The Diamondback Fitness 1260sc handlebars adjust horizontally and vertically to provide a safe comfortable spinning bike setup for all riders from 5’2″ to 6’5″.
But the adjustment is only part of what I like about the 1260sc commercial cycle. This bike offers several handgrips so you can change your wrist position regularly and relieve stress points on your hands. And also change the muscles you’re using in your arms, shoulders and back.
It also comes with a cushioned and very comfortable semi-performance style seat. It is not too narrow but doesn’t cause excessive friction between inner-thigh and seat while offering a great deal of support.
However, I still suggest you to consider wearing a padded short (check out our website for women and men’s specific spin short). They add an extra layer of support and bring the friction and leg bruises to almost zero.
Lastly, the aluminum materials used in the seat and handlebar posts. Most bikes come with steel posts which make them heavy and results in extra maintenance and a bit difficult to adjust. But with the 1260sc Diamondback, you won’t have to worry about this part because it comes with durable and lightweight aluminum posts.
Price and Warranty:
- Diamondback 1260sc price is $1600 on Amazon.
- They offer active and veteran military personnel a 10% discount. (“After purchase, just email our customer service team at “email@example.com” with a photo or a scanned copy of your Military ID or DD214 and we’ll do the rest!”)
- Home Use Warranty:
- 5 Years on frame (USA & Canada)
- 3 Years on parts (USA & Canada)
- 1 Year labor (US only)
- 90-Days Warranty Wear Items. (USA & Canada) Wear and tear items include things such as seats, handlebars, rubber and foam grips, pedal straps, and foam foot pad inserts.
- If you need parts, you will need to visit the following address and fill the form: “https://www.diamondbackfitness.com/pages/repair-parts”.
- In the message section of the form make sure to provide the following information:
- Model of the unit (1260SC)
- Serial number (typically located at the lower back of the machine)
- Date of purchase (including a copy of the proof of purchase)
- If you are the original owner
- If you live in the United States or Canada
- Note: The warranty is not valid for club/commercial use.
The Diamondback 1260sc is perfect for home indoor cycling with its flawless durable construction. This indoor cycling carries one of the most generous warranties for home use.
Not only this warranty indicates the quality of the bike and the full trust of the brand on its product, but it will also give you peace of mind when buying the bike.
In case it is the first piece of fitness equipment you are buying from Diamondback Fitness, you should know that they provide prompt and good customer services.
As far as the price goes, currently, this bike retails for $1600 on Amazon. However, it is possible that by the time you are reading our 1260sc review, the price might change.
Where to buy Diamondback Fitness 1260sc? You can purchase the bike from different platforms online but if you buy it from Amazon, we will receive a commission to be able to keep this website running. If you are an active or veteran military personnel, don’t forget to claim your 10% discount! $160 can get you a nice pair of spinning shoes and padded spin shorts.
Shipping and Assembly:
- Diamondback 1260sc shipping is free in the 48 contiguous United States excluding Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket, and other remote locations.
- The assembly tools come with the bike.
- A hard copy of the Diamondback 1260sc manual also comes with the bike.
- 1260sc gets delivered partially assembled and fairly easy to assemble the rest.
- It ships in one box that weighs 147 pounds.
- Shipping box dimensions: 51″L x 10″W x 38″H
One last thing I am going to talk about in this 1260sc review is assembly and shipping. This bike comes partially assembled and pretty much anyone should be able to do the rest.
Because most significant assembly work is done for you, however, there are still a number of things to put together. You will have to assemble the front and rear stands, pedals, handlebars, monitor, and seat. Keep in mind this bike is fairly heavy so you might want to ask someone to help you with at least the stabilizer/feet assembly.
Diamondback Fitness 1260sc Studio Cycle Pros:
Handlebars and Seat
One of the highlights of the Diamondback 1260sc spin bike is its handlebars, seat, and posts. It comes with performance multiple position hand grips including racing handles which adds extra verify and puts you in a bio-mechanically correct position for all rides. The posts are made of aluminum (not heavy steel) which makes them lightweight, more durable and easier to adjust. They are also marked for easy configuration.
With the ANT+ BLE FTMS technology and ability to track the rider’s RPM and especially user’s watt, it is safe to say Diamondback Fitness 1260sc monitor is one of the best and very hard to find in its price class.
- Diamondback Fitness is a US-based American owned brand.
- Standard Q-Factor (187mm) and the crank arm length (173mm).
- The media shelf on the handlebars can hold all types of devices up to 9-inch height.
- Belt transmission and magnetic resistance technology with a lever adjustment system.
- Dual-sided SPD and toe-cage pedals for a more efficient and safer spin workout.
- 10% Discount for American active and ex-service members.
- Transport wheels and a unique transport handle to make portability easier.
- Cordless self-generating power.
- 30-Pound fully covered flywheel for 360-degree smooth pedal strokes.
- Compatible with Zwift, Rouvy, Myzone, and other popular cycling applications.
- ANT+ compatible wireless heart rate receiver (not included) helps you keep track of your target heart rate data so you can adjust the intensity of your workouts.
Diamondback Fitness 1260sc Studio Cycle Cons:
No Backlit on Monitor
Perhaps one of the things that bother me the most about Diamondback 1260sc is the lack of a simple blue backlit on the monitor. Its dark monitor makes seeing the stats difficult in the low-light conditions.
Water bottle holder
Diamondback 1260sc comes with a bottle holder but it’s not located in an easy-to-reach place. It would have have been better if they built it on the handlebars or somewhere more convenient to reach.
- There are no armrests on the handlebars for the time trial – Aerodynamic position.
- Fixed-Wheel – Unlike the free-wheel bikes, it doesn’t allow for coasting, which means you can not rest your legs during the ride.
- Stats don’t include right and left leg power balance (it only tracks the total watt).
- It is not disclosed if the belt adjustment is done by “press-down roller” or cheap “fixed axis system”.
Final Word On Diamondback 1260sc Indoor Cycle:
The 1260sc rear-wheel studio cycle is overall a well-built exercise bike with sturdy commercial-grade parts and structure frame. It is designed with whisper-quiet high-quality bearings, belt and magnetic technology to create an almost noise-less spin workout experience which makes it perfect for apartment use.
Thanks to its belt transmission and not touch resistance system, it has little to no maintenance. So, unlike chain transmission, you don’t need to use or adjust the belt transmission on a weekly or monthly basis.
The cycling machine occupies 59″L x 23″W x 50″H floor space and weighs 130-lb. But it has a well-thought and unique transport handle that makes the bike mobility a piece of cake. It also has performance a handlebar and seat with aluminum posts that meet all user needs in terms of comfort and performance.
Overall this cycling machine provides a good cardio workout for fitness enthusiasts. If its high price tag is not an issue, I highly recommend you to buy the Diamondback 1260sc and start tightening those buttocks and hips, gain slim legs and beautiful calf muscles.
This is overall a well-built exercise bike as Diamondback is known for its durable products. It's designed with Whisper Quiet quality bearings, belt and magnetic technology to create an almost noise-less workout experience. Its ANT+/BLE FTSM Watt and RPM computer add to its value and make it one of the best on the market.