The Best NordicTrack S22i and S15i Replacement Pedals
There is always the need to replace either of the Nordic track model pedals to suit preferences. I have a family of three, and we all love indoor cycling since it is an effective way of having a healthy heart. However, we all wear different shoe sizes and types, and we always have to change the pedals in our Nordic Track S22i or NordicTrack S15i to accommodate everyone.
I created this review and comparison to give you an insight on the best pedals for NordicTrack S22i and S15i bike pedals and address some of the frequently asked questions relating to the two models. Read on to find out. Also, remember to check out my recommendation list of best Nordictrack bike accessories to fully enjoy your indoor bike.
The best pedals for NordicTrack S22i and S15i bikes include:
Spinner Trio Qr Spin Pedals
The spinner Trio QR Spin pedals are one of the most impressive designs I have come across by Spinning®. These pedals enhance accessibility and flexibility through the incorporated three-way connection and compatible cleats. Access both the threaded and threadless versions and fit them into any spinning indoor cycling bike.
Threadless (Morse Taper) pedals are perfect for:
- Steel frame Espinner®
- Spinner® Blade
On the other hand, the standard thread pedals are ideal for Spinner Pro and non-Spinner indoor cycling bikes.
The Spinner Trio QR Spin Pedals feature assembled toe clips, toe straps, and snap-in pedal platforms. Enjoy full power out of every spin with these Trio pedals.
The quick-release design ensures the cyclist gets enhanced functionality and ease of pedaling. The pedals feature a snap-in pedal platform that adequately accommodates non-cycling shoes.
- Some additional features of the Spinner Trio Spin pedals include;
- Sealed bearings for enhanced durability
- Over-sized commercial-grade spindles for a prolonged lifespan
- Patented quick-release levers for a straightforward platform removal
Schwinn Triple-Link Pedals
The Schwinn Triple-Link Pedals is a high-end Pedal system that provides the choice of wearing traditional athletic shoes, shoe cleats, or SPD. The pedals feature;
- Two-sided pedals.
- Locking capabilities that prevent accidental release.
- 9/16 inch pedal set that is ideal for Schwinn and other indoor cycles.
- Extreme performance industrial grade bearings and ChroMo spindle facilitate years of trouble-free use and smooth movement.
- Use SPD style shoe cleat on one side and Look style shoe cleat on the other.
- The pedal set fits all Star Trac cycles.
- Adjustable cleat spring tension facilitates the customization of release tension and retention on SPD and Look Delta sides.
Schwinn Triple-Link pedals do not work on indoor cycles that feature the more taper pedals and cannot get incorporated with Look Keo Cleats.
VP-S3 3 IN 1 Spin Pedal
The VP-S3 Spin pedals are unique NordicTrack S22i bike pedals. They feature a fully sealed cartridge bearing made from hardened steel to guarantee durability. They are ideal for commercial use as they can withstand high spin use. The pedals incorporate Look Delta Cleats and SPD and straps and cages that complement the Look Delta side. The pedals are compatible with Nordic Track, Peloton, and other spin bikes.
Venzo Repacked Pedals
1 used from $56.00
Venzo Repacked Pedals are compatible with Toe Cage, SPD Indoor cycles, and Peloton.
Key features include;
- Triple function. Ride with Shimano SPD mountain bike shoes, regular sports shoes, or Look Delta road cleat shoes. The pedals are a viable solution to replace Peloton pedals that work with Look Delta only.
- Ideal for spin bikes. The Venzo Repacked pedals feature a die-cast aluminum body for durability, sealed bearings for smooth riding, a heavy-duty CNC Cr-Mo 9/16 inch axle that enhances performance. However, unlike the other pedals in this list, these pedals are specially made for spin bikes.
- Fully compatible with all Look Delta cleats and Shimano SPD mountain bikes.
- Adjustable tension. Adjust the tension of the cleats using a screw at the side of the pedal to achieve a perfect clip.
- Adjustable cage position. These are the only pedals with this feature. It allows you to adjust the toe clip position (the maximum range is 15mm). Consequently, the rider gets an optimized riding position, regardless of the size of the feet.
BV Bike 9/16’’ Dual Pedals
BV Bike Dual pedals feature a high-quality aluminum body that enhances their lifespan. They are compatible with Look Delta Cleats and Shimano SPD Cleats, and therefore ideal for indoor bikes, spin bikes, and mountain bikes.
The pedals also integrate dual functionality, allowing the cyclist to ride using Look Delta Cleats shoes or Shimano SPD cleats. I would recommend these pedals for gyms or a family with various kinds of cleat shoes.
Both Look Delta and SPD sides have a tension adjustment feature that ensures the rider gets the ultimate riding experience.
BV Bike Shimano SPD 9/16’’ Pedals
2 used from $29.99
The BV Shimano SPD Pedals are made of either aluminum or alloy steel to enhance durability. They also come with compatible toe clips and SPD cleats.
You can integrate them into your mountain bike, spin cycle, peloton bicycle, and indoor cycle pedals.
- The standout features of the BV Bike Shimano SPD pedals include;
- Dual functionality. Ride with casual shoes, clip shoes, or steel SPD cleats.
- Detachable straps and toe clips. However, they come pre-installed.
- Adjustable nylon straps and aluminum clips
- Compatible with Shimano SPD.
The above are the top replacement pedals for NordicTrack S22i and S15i indoor cycling bikes that I was able to review and compare for you.
Comparison Between Nordic S22i and S15i
There several differences between these two models that you can in our in-depth NordicTrack S22i vs S15i article. But the main difference between the two bikes is the size of the screen. The S22i features a 22-inch screen, while the S15i features a 15-inch screen. Secondly, the S15i has 22 resistance levels, while the S22i has 24.
- Both have;
- Magnetic resistance
- Belt drive
- 16,000 iFit programs
- Google Maps
- iFit coach
- 360 degrees screen swivels
- Built-in speakers
- Seat adjustment
- Maximum weight of 350lbs
- 3lb. dumbbells
- Incline and decline
- Heart telemetry
- Water bottle holder
You can use S15i without the iFit program. However, the most significant advantage of installing the program is the connectivity with trainers who can help control the speed and resistance. There is also a wide variety of programs to try out.
Nordic S22i uses 9/16’’ pedal threads that are easy to replace. If you wish to use clip-in pedals, unscrew the ones on the bikes and fix them.
Assembling the Nordic Track S22i is easy as it comes with detailed guidelines to help you start. It takes less than an hour to set up and install. Consider having an extra pair of hands because the frame is quite heavy.
The NordicTrack features cage clips and dumbbells, which allow you to ride right away. However, if you have a peloton, purchase Peloton branded cycling shoes. Peloton integrates clip-compatible pedals only.
I was able to override my iFit screen and ultimately access a web browser from the screen. It allowed me to access platforms like Netflix, YouTube and also download various applications to help with my routine training.
Both Nordic track models have a 20% incline and 10% decline for a more realistic trail experience. The iFit program enables the coaches to automatically adjust speed, resistance, incline, and decline as you ride. However, one can make adjustments.
Yes, you can replace the pedals on your NordicTrack S15i to suit your performance preferences. Follow the manufacturer manual to achieve the best NordicTrack S22i and S15i pedal replacement.
I particularly love streaming interactive workout sessions, and my NordicTrack S22i delivers this exquisitely. If you have sufficient funds, get one today and enjoy plenty of training options.
SPD (Shimano Pedalling Dynamics) uses two bolts to fix the shoe to enhance a tight grip. Often referred to as ‘two-bolt cleats. On the other hand, SPD-SL (Shimano Pedaling Dynamics – Super Light) features the attachment points. Popularly known as ‘three-bolt cleats,’ and are made of plastic to reduce weight.
The above article addresses all you need to know about NordicTrack S22i and S15i indoor cycle pedals. I would recommend the Spinner Trio QR Spin pedals because you can fit them into any indoor spinning bike. The pedals also feature an impressive design complemented by a three-way connection and compatible cleats. The Morse Taper and threaded versions make these pedals a power enhancement stronghold, ensuring you enjoy your cycling routine.