ASUNA Sprinter Review: Still a Good Bike in 2023
Mid-price but commercial quality, the Asuna 6100 Sprinter indoor cycling bike is ideal for shoppers with below $1000 budget who prefer high standards.
The ASUNA 6100 has one of the best monitors among all Sunny Health and Fitness exercise bikes with wireless telemetry chest strap connectivity and RPM reading.
Additionally, it has an adjustable media shelf to accommodate a magazine, tablet, and your mobile phone. It is great for watching spinning workout videos or reading while exercising.
6100 Sprinting is equipped with many of ASUNA’s best performance components for commercial and home indoor cycles. Most importantly, the Asuna sprinter cycle has great ergonomics from the SPD pedals to the adjustable drop handlebars and convenient dual bottle holders.
For an extra quiet spinning workout, the Asuna Sprinter exercise bike is equipped with the magnetic resistance system. And to help with comfort and convenient adjustment, it has easy to reach knob with push down emergency brake.
A favorite feature on the Sunny Asuna Sprinting is the commercial quality and near to silent operation that I will cover more in-depth in this Asuna Sprinter review down below.
To make the Asuna Sprinter cycle exercise bike especially effective for all riders and to fit users with different body sizes, it is designed with 4-way handlebar adjustment instead of just 2-way adjustment (up/down). Indoor cycling bikes without horizontal and vertical handlebar adjustment shade in comparison!
For a near to silent cycling workout and low-maintenance, the Asuna Sprinter rear-drive magnetic commercial indoor cycling bike has a belt instead of a chain which doesn’t require oiling or frequent cleaning.
As far as the cost is concerned, the online sale price of $850 offers an excellent value, especially considering the Asuna Sprinting’s relatively narrow q-factor (176mm) and commercial quality. Buying the Asuna 6100 Sprinting cycle exercise bike directly from Amazon the price includes delivery.
ASUNA Sprinter Comparable Alternative Indoor Bikes
If you’re considering the Asuna Sprinter 6100 indoor bike but looking for comparable alternatives with additional features, we recommend the Schwinn IC4 and Echelon EX3.
The Schwinn IC4 is a great alternative that offers a built-in backlit console and app connectivity. Similar to the Sprinter, it provides full adjustability, but it goes a step further with Bluetooth connection and a backlit console for improved visibility. Additionally, it features dual-sided pedals and a slightly heavier 40 lb flywheel, offering a smooth and challenging riding experience.
On the other hand, if you’re seeking a bike with automatic resistance and app connectivity, the Echelon EX3 is a fantastic choice. Although it doesn’t have a built-in console display like the Asuna Sprinter and Schwinn IC4, it compensates with electronically adjustable magnetic resistance that can automatically mimic the resistance levels found in popular apps like Zwift, Kinomap, and Peloton.
Considering these alternatives, it’s important to note that the Asuna 6100 Sprinter is still an excellent value indoor bike under $1000, offering durability and a well-designed construction. However, it lacks electronic resistance, backlit screen visibility, and app connectivity. Depending on your specific preferences and priorities, the Schwinn IC4 or Echelon EX3 may be better suited to meet your needs.
To help you navigate through our Asuna Sprinter exercise bike review, we have provided a table of contents below. You can quickly find the information you’re looking for or read the review in its entirety for a comprehensive understanding of your purchasing decision. We aim to keep it concise and informative for your convenience.
- ASUNA Sprinting specs
- Sprinter 6100 monitor
- Pedals and Q-factor
- ASUNA Sprinter flywheel
- 6100 Sprinting resistance
- Drive system
- Handlebars and seat
- ASUNA 6100 price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
ASUNA Sprinting Specs:
- Height: 52″
- Width: 22″
- Length: 43″
- Bike Weight: 127 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 350 Pounds
- Inseam Capacity: 28″ to 42″
- Shipping Weight: 139 Pounds
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Base Adjustment Levelers: Yes, 4
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes, dual
- Power Requirement: 1 Lithium-ion battery (included)
Is this cardio ASUNA spin bike sized for you? One key spec for the Sunny stationary bike ASUNA Sprinter is the 4-way adjustment. It makes the bike ideal for novices and intermediate-level trainees of short, average to taller heights.
Especially, people who are significantly taller or shorter than average would appreciate the ASUNA Sprinter 6100’s adjustable 28″ to 42″ inseam capacity.
As for the weight capacity, it exceeds my expectations with 50 pounds. Designed for commercial use, the 6100 Sprinter can support up to 350 pounds of user weight which indicates the quality and durability of the bike.
This ASUNA exercise bike comes with a monitor. So, it needs a source of electricity to display the stats on the LCD monitor. Thankfully it uses a
lithium-ion battery and doesn’t require plugging into the socket.
So, you can place the bike anywhere in the house. For easy transportation and to keep the bike stable and to protect your floor to some extent, the Sunny Health and Fitness ASUNA Sprinting comes with durable wheels and adjustable base levelers.
Sprinter 6100 Monitor:
- The Asuna Sprinter comes with a monitor to track your progress.
- It runs with a lithium-ion battery which is included with the purchase.
- LCD monitor that displays time, speed, calories, and pulse, also measures your cadence using the RPM function on the monitor.
- You can set up the monitor for certain calorie and time goal. It also includes a recovery program.
- This monitor is compatible with the wireless telemetry chest straps to track your heart rate (chest strap is included).
- The monitor is NOT backlit, Bluetooth, or ANT/+ enabled.
- It also does not have an internal memory or USB port to save your daily workouts.
- Sprinter 6100 also lacks in watt/power tracking capability.
Unlike a majority of Sunny Health and Fitness bikes, the ASUNA Sprinter indoor cycling bike does have a computer. It is not the best monitor in its price class but it does provide most of your indoor cycling workout feedbacks and keeps you aware of your performance.
Two aspects of the monitor that stand out are the RPM reading and the wireless chest strap connectivity. The RPM (Revolution Per Minute) tells you how fast you pedal on certain resistance levels. It is useful, especially if you want to follow spinning workout videos as they instruct you to do certain RPM throughout the exercise.
As for the heart rate, it is an important metric that allows you to understand which workout zones you are on. For instance, if your HR is 120-150 bpm (beat per minute), you know you are in fat-burning mode. Luckily, a wireless chest strap is included with the Asuna 6100 Sprinting. So, you can track your HR accurately.
The downsides to this bike’s monitor are the lack of Bluetooth, ANT/+, and internal memory. It basically means that you can not save your daily progress on the monitor or on the fitness apps. Also, this bike lacks in watt tracking so you can’t see how much power is produced on each pedal stroke.
If you are interested to save your daily progress, you can buy a Wahoo sensor and attach it to the bike’s crank-arms. It tracks RPM, distance, time, calories and via Bluetooth the sensor transfer these data the Wahoo free fitness app. To learn more about the Wahoo sensor, search our website for “spin bike computers”.
Pedals and Q-factor:
- Sprinter 6100 Q factor is 176 mm.
- ASUNA Sprinter pedals are dual sided SPD.
- The dual-sided pedals are compatible with cycling shoes and will also accommodate traditional athletic shoes.
- It has a three-piece crank-arm system.
The Sunny ASUNA Sprinting spin bike features a standard q factor that is acceptable even by pro cyclists. In case you are new to indoor cycling, the q factor is one of the most important features to look for when buying spin bikes.
It is the distance between the pedals. The less distance, the better it is. Wide q factors tend to keep your feet wider than your knees and hips. So, three joints on your lower body (hips, knees, ankles) won’t be aligned during the exercise which can cause injuries.
Thankfully, you don’t need to worry about this problem when buying the ASUNA Sprinter indoor cycle because this bike has a safe and biomechanically correct q-factor size.
As far as the pedals are concerned, ASUNA 6100 Sprinter by Sunny Health and Fitness is SPD compatible. Meaning you don’t need to spend another $50 to buy pedals if you want to ride with specific cycling shoes for a safer and more efficient workout. The rider has the option to use regular gym shoes or clip-less spinning shoes.
ASUNA Sprinter Flywheel:
- This Sunny bike comes with a rear drive flywheel design that keeps water and sweat off of your flywheel minimizing maintenance work and keep the bike in good condition.
- ASUNA Sprinter spin bike flywheel is 37 pounds for a smooth consistent pedal stroke.
- It has a flywheel protection guard all around.
- The flywheel is machine balanced and evenly weighted.
- Sunny Health and Fitness ASUNA Sprinter exercise bike has a fixed-wheel mechanism.
Compared to many magnetic spin bikes on the market, the Sunny Health and Fitness Sprinting exercise bike has a heavier flywheel. Which helps to provide a smooth and consistent pedal motion.
It has a flywheel protection guard that helps to protect your knees from sharp edges of the flywheel. And also protects the flywheel in case it gets banged to a wall or door during transportation.
Earlier in this Asuna Sprinter cycle exercise bike review, I mentioned this bike is fixed-wheel. What it means is that the flywheel and the crank-arms move and stop together. The advantage of this design is that you can also pedal reverse to engage different muscle groups.
The disadvantage is that if you need to get off the bike in case of an emergency, you will have to wait until the flywheel stops turning. Also, if you need to take a 5-second break while on the bike, you will have to stop the bike completely.
There are some expensive spin bikes that feature a freewheel smart release system. They operate just like an outdoor bicycle. Meaning even after you stop pedaling (because of muscle cramping, or need a second break), the flywheel keeps turning. Unfortunately, this technology is available only on spin bikes that are $1000+.
Sprinting 6100 Resistance:
- Sunny ASUNA Sprinter is equipped with magnetic resistance technology.
- It is manually adjustable via dial/knob and can provide challenging cardio as well as a strength workout.
- The resistance levels are not marked.
- Push down brake brings the bike to an immediate stop.
The Sunny Health and Fitness indoor cycle ASUNA Sprinting with magnetic resistance provides a near to silent operation. Unlike friction resistance, the magnetic system requires little to no maintenance.
And since it does not come in contact with the flywheel, as the friction resistance does, it makes zero noise. So, you can enjoy cycling at any time of the day or night without bothering your neighbors or partner.
The Sunny Sprinting indoor Cycle’s resistance is not numbered/marked. It is also not shown on the monitor so it would take a while for you to understand how much of a knob adjustment is suitable for your maximum, average, and minimum.
Note: Sprinting 6100 is equipped with the emergency push down brake to stop the flywheel at any time during your workout.
- ASUNA Sprinter 6100 features a belt driven mechanism to offer less maintenance and silent pedaling.
- It is a rear drive design.
- The information on the gear ratio is not disclosed.
Sprinter magnetic indoor cycle features a belt drivetrain which offers less maintenance and silent pedaling every time. Unlike chain-driven exercise bikes, it does not require oiling, cleaning or frequent adjustment.
Another feature that I like about the 6100 Sprinting indoor commercial exercise bike is the rear drive design. The flywheel, belt, magnets, and more importantly the bearings are all away from the sweat zone. So, there is less to clean and maintain after each spinning workout.
Handlebars and seat:
- ASUNA Sprinter bike handlebars are 4-way adjustable.
- The PVC ergonomic handlebar allows multiple positions.
- The seat is also 4-way adjustable, unisex and padded so your workout can remain comfortable when riding for long periods of time.
- The ASUNA Sprinting indoor cycle seat and handlebar posts are durable lightweight aluminum materials.
- Handlebars come with a dropped handle to provide riders a flat spot (straight section) in which some find to be more comfortable while riding.
- Sprinting 6100 is equipped with the tablet holder to watch a video or read a book.
- There are convenient dual water bottle holders built on the handlebars to help you stay hydrated.
Let’s start with the materials of posts: The Sprinting 6100 features high-grade aluminum safety posts that reduce weight making adjustments seamless compared to heavy steel posts.
This cycle is easily adjustable and completely customizable for any rider. Featuring a patented design that ensures the posts remain in place while allowing you to adjust the fore/aft.
The padded and non-slip multi-grip handles can adapt to any cycling position including drop, adding extra comfort when riding for long periods of time.
The seat is 4 way adjustable with a simple twist of a knob to ensure the perfect fit. So, your workout can remain comfortable when riding for long periods of time.
But even more importantly, the ASUNA 6100 Sprinting commercial indoor cycling bike is equipped with a nice tablet holder and convenient bottle holders.
ASUNA 6100 Price and warranty:
- ASUNA Sprinting price is $850-$950 depending on the offers.
- 6100 Sprinting home use warranty includes:
- 5-Year structural frame.
- 180 days on parts and components.
- If you need parts for this bike while still under warranty, visit the “https://sunnyhealthfitness.com/contact/contact-warranty/” and fill the form to order the part.
- But if your Asuna 6100 cycle is no longer under warranty and you need parts, you have to visit the “https://sunnyhealthfitness.com/contact/contact-us-parts/” to fill a different form.
Unless you find the ASUNA Sprinter discounted, the price is not less than $900. Sometimes the Sunny Health and Fitness also puts the Sprinter magnetic cycle on offer.
But it does not happen too often as this cycle is considered well-priced for its features and quality. As for the warranty, it is not impressive. But that is normal with Sunny bikes.
In fact, the Sprinter cycle has better warranty terms compared to most bikes from this brand because it is from the ASUNA Series.
Shipping and assembly:
- ASUNA Sprinter manual is included with the package.
- The ASUNA Sprinting assembly is fairly easy.
- Assembly tools are included with the 6100 Sprinter.
- Sprinter 6100 shipping is free in the United States.
According to the company and the consumers, the Sprinting indoor commercial cycle takes as long to unpack as assemble. This cycle comes largely pre-assembled.
However, you would still need to attach the pedals, monitor, tablet holder, front and rear stabilizer bars, handlebars, and seat posts. This bike comes in one box which means you might have to open the box outside and bring it inside. The Sprinting 6100 manual and assembly tools are all included in the shipping box.
Equipped with a heavy-duty steel frame system with a 37lbs flywheel and magnetic resistance system, the ASUNA Sprinting 6100 allows you to swiftly switch between easier and more challenging exercises with several resistance settings.
The adjustable resistance allows you to choose between easy high-cadence cycling sessions or bump up the resistance and work up your strength.
This Sunny Health and Fitness indoor cycle is designed with the combination of a quiet belt drive system with micro-adjustable magnetic resistance technology to help you reach your training goals and shed the weight without disturbing your family.
On top of that, the Sunny Sprinter 6100 is equipped with an LCD monitor that tracks the time, speed, RPM, HR, and distance and calories to help you keep track of your performance and monitor your progress. This bike also has a comfortable, fully-adjustable seat that easily moves up/down fore/aft to fit users with different body sizes.
A few other notable features include a convenient bottle holder built on the handlebars, racing style handlebars, and a tablet holder that allows you to follow along with your favorite fitness videos and place your mobile device securely on the device holder. Overall the Sunny Health and Fitness Asuna 6100 Sprinter is an excellent indoor cycling bike built for all types of spinning workouts.
- Sturdy steel frame: The Asuna 6100 Sprinter features a robust steel frame that can support users weighing up to 350 pounds, ensuring stability and durability during workouts.
- Smooth and quiet belt-driven system: The 6100 Sprinter utilizes a belt-driven system, resulting in a smooth and quiet operation, making it suitable for apartment use.
- Narrow Q-Factor: The bike's narrow Q-Factor minimizes lateral stress on the lower body joints, reducing the risk of discomfort or injury during extended workouts.
- Dual-sided pedals: The 6100 Sprinter features dual-sided pedals with toe cages and SPD clips, preventing foot slippage even at higher speeds and intensities, offering enhanced safety and efficiency.
- Durable three-piece crank: The heavy-duty commercial three-piece crank of the bike is specifically designed for spin workouts, ensuring durability and reliability during intense exercise sessions.
- Balanced flywheel: The 37-pound precision-balanced flywheel on the 6100 Sprinter ensures a smooth pedaling motion and consistent momentum, contributing to a more enjoyable and effective workout.
- Frictionless magnetic resistance: The bike utilizes a frictionless magnetic resistance system with multiple resistance settings, providing a smooth and challenging workout experience.
- Adjustable tablet holder: The 6100 Sprinter features an adjustable tablet holder, providing users with the option to stream their favorite cycle videos while keeping track of their fitness progress on the LCD monitor.
- Comfortable and adjustable seat: The bike offers a low-friction 4-way adjustable narrow racing-style cushioned seat, allowing users to find their desired riding position for maximum comfort.
- Convenient transport wheels: The bike is equipped with durable transport wheels, allowing for easy portability and storage when needed.
- Built-in wireless pulse receiver: With a built-in wireless pulse receiver and an included chest strap, the 6100 Sprinter allows users to monitor their heart rate, enabling them to maintain an optimal workout intensity.
- Stable frame bases: The frame bases of the 6100 Sprinter come with adjustable rubberized levelers, effectively eliminating shaking and providing a smoother ride experience.
- Lightweight aluminum posts: The high-grade aluminum posts of the 6100 Sprinter reduce the overall weight of the bike, making it easier to adjust and maneuver.
- Limited workout tracking capabilities: The Asuna 6100 Sprinter lacks Bluetooth and ANT/+ connectivity, preventing users from saving their workout progress or connecting the bike to popular cycling apps like Zwift or Strava. Additionally, it lacks internal memory and a USB port, further limiting its tracking capabilities.
- Lack of electronically adjustable resistance: The resistance on the 6100 Sprinter is not electronically adjustable, which means it cannot automatically mimic uphill and downhill conditions. Users will need to manually adjust the resistance levels to simulate different terrains.
- Limited part warranty: The warranty provided for the 6100 Sprinter's parts is not impressive, potentially leaving users without sufficient coverage for repairs or replacements.
- Absence of watt tracking: Unlike some other exercise bikes, the 6100 Sprinter does not track the rider's watt/power output. This feature allows users to measure the amount of power they generate during their workouts and analyze their performance on each pedal stroke.
- Non-backlit monitor: The included monitor on the 6100 Sprinter is not backlit, making it difficult to read the stats in low-light conditions. This can be inconvenient for users who prefer to exercise in dimly lit environments.