ANCHEER Upright Bike Review: Better alternatives are available!
The magnetic resistance upright bike by ANCHEER is an entry-level model in the upright bike arena designed with minimum bells and whistles to avoid extra maintenance and lower the cost.
This ANCHEER magnetic bike is efficient and easy to use you can get just get on and go anywhere in the house without having to plug in the bike. They are available in two colors with a fairly compact and sleek modern look and feel.
The ANCHEER upright bike retails for around $230 or $290, depending on usual offers and special discounts. This ANCHEER magnetic exercise bike is covered by a year warranty on the frame and all the parts. It also includes a 30-day risk-free return policy.
Unlike the newer model upright bikes, this ANCHEER stationary bike offers a manually adjustable resistance. The ANCHEER upright exercise bike has 8 levels of magnetic resistance which is adjustable via a knob. It has its pros and cons that you will learn more in the resistance section down below.
Like other models in this price class, the ANCHEER magnetic resistance indoor bike is designed with smooth-driven technology that uses a maintenance-free poly-V belt to eliminate noise and friction for almost silent operation, which is ideal for in-home use.
Featuring a 12-pound precision-balanced flywheel, this upright bike has a weight capacity of up to 300 pounds which points to a durable, reliable drive system.
This ANCHEER magnetic resistance exercise bike is equipped with a basic computer that has intuitive functionality and a sleek design. It runs on AA batteries and provides the following workout feedback; distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan, and target zone heart rate monitoring.
Some other noteworthy qualities of the ANCHEER magnetic exercise bike are the water bottle holder, wide base supports/feet (great for rock-solid steady rides), and durable transport wheels so you can move the bike without too much effort.
Note: While ANCHEER magnetic upright bike has solid pedals and crank, it is not designed for out of saddle workout. For that type of high-intensity workout, I only suggest spin bikes. They have sturdy drive systems and heavy flywheels to provide the needed support for spin workouts.
Alternative upright exercise bikes
Ancheer’s upright exercise bike has been a popular choice for many years, but there are now better options on the market.
The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B2883 is a great alternative that offers a more comfortable seat, more programs, and a wider tablet holder that can accommodate different device sizes.
The Circuit Fitness AMZ-594U is another excellent option, especially for those who are looking for an affordable exercise bike.
It features a highly adjustable seat and handlebars, as well as a large LCD display that makes it easy to track your progress.
I personally recommend the Circuit Fitness AMZ-594U because it offers more than the other options for $333. Whichever of these alternative exercise bikes you choose, you’re sure to get a great workout!
To make it easy for you to navigate through this ultimate ANCHEER upright magnetic resistance bike review, I have created the table of content below.
- Technical Information
- ANCHEER indoor upright bike specification
- ANCHEER upright bike monitor
- Pedals and Q-factor
- ANCHEER upright bike flywheel
- Resistance technology
- ANCHEER upright bike drive system
- Handlebars and seat
- Price and warranty
- Shipping and assembly
- ANCHEER upright bike pros
- ANCHEER upright bike cons
- Last word on the ANCHEER magnetic exercise bike
ANCHEER Indoor Upright Bike Specifications:
- Height: 47″
- Width: 19.7″
- Length: 43″
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Foot Levelers: No
- Bike Weight: 60 Pounds
- Max User Weight: 300 Pounds
- User Height: 5’1″ to 6’3″
- Shipping Weight: 65 Pounds
Featuring a nice compact dimension and large transport wheels, the ANCHEER magnetic resistance stationary bike is easy to store and move from one place to another place in the house, thanks to its 60-pound lightweight frame.
This ANCHEER upright magnetic resistance stationary bike lacks in adjustable feet leveling which means if your floor is not leveled, the bike is not going to be stable. But as long as your floor is leveled, the bike will remain stable because it has wide base stabilizers.
This ANCHEER bike has been painted to resist corrosion and it also has a sweat-resistance durable belt box to minimize noise and maintenance.
Note: ANCHEER magnetic resistance exercise bike is an affordable lightweight residential use designed for senior and novice trainees. It can handle a maximum of 30 to 40 minutes of daily use.
ANCHEER Bike Monitor:
- Ancheer monitor displays the time, cal, HR, speed, and distance.
- The monitor is not compatible with non-coded wireless HR straps.
- It is not backlit so it is hard to see the stats in low-light condition.
- This monitor is wired and it is not Bluetooth or ANT/+ enabled.
- The computer runs on 2 AA batteries (included).
- You can set up the time and calorie goals.
- It doesn’t have RPM, a cooling fan, speakers, MP3 input, USB device charger port, user profile, USB port to sync workouts, built-in programs, or App connectivity.
The Ancheer upright bike console is not compatible with wireless heart rate chest straps, but it has pulse sensors allowing you to stay within target heart rate training zones as you workout.
The non-backlit monitor makes it difficult to see your spinning workout stats in the low-light condition. It is also not wireless which means the sensor on the flywheel sends data to the monitor via a cable. Therefore, if you not careful when moving the bike, the wire can be crimped and cause maintenance.
The Ancheer exercise bike with magnetic resistance does not track the watts or RPM. It also doesn’t have internal memory, Bluetooth or ANT/+ connectivity. Therefore, you can’t save daily workouts on the monitor or on fitness Apps.
Pedals and Q-Factor:
- Ancheer exercise bike has single side toe cage pedals.
- Toe pedal straps are adjustable to secure the feet during the ride.
- The size of Q-factor for this bike is not disclosed.
- This indoor stationary bike is built with standard 9/16″ pedal thread.
This exercise bike by Ancheer features solid crank arms and toe cage pedals. Built and designed with residential standard, the Ancheer magnetic exercise bike can support all upright workouts including interval training. So, you exercise with peace of mind knowing the pedals and crank arms won’t snap off during fast workouts.
This upright bike has the standard 9/16″ pedal thread size which means the replacements are widely available for it on the market.
The Q-factor, one of the most important features when buying indoor bikes is not disclosed.
In case this is your first indoor exercise bike, the q factor is the horizontal distance between the two pedals. Wide q factors tend to keep riders’ feet too far apart which can cause injuries if you have narrow hips.
Tip: Unlike spin bikes, this upright exercise bike is not durable for out of the saddle workouts.
ANCHEER Upright Bike Flywheel:
- Ancheer flywheel weighs 12 pounds to provide a fast, smooth and quiet exercise.
- The flywheel and drive mechanism has a durable sweat protection guard.
- It has a fixed-wheel bidirectional flywheel system.
The Ancheer flywheel is not for upright bikes considering it is built for low-impact, low-intensity workouts. Plus, it is not a huge factor because this bike uses magnetic resistance system. If the resistance was friction, the 12-pound flywheel would have been an issue.
Combined with magnetic resistance, the 12-pound flywheel is capable of providing a smooth non-jerky pedaling motion with a good range of challenges to meet the needs of beginner trainees (not elite or mid-level trainees).
Just like any other budget exercise bike, this bike is fixed-wheel (fix-gear). Meaning the flywheel starts and stops with the pedals. And that has a pro and a con. While it allows you to pedal reverse and simulate different leg muscles, it doesn’t allow you to take a short break or jump off the bike until the flywheel completely stops.
Note: Freewheel bikes are more expensive. They work similarly to bicycles. Meaning even after you stop pedaling, the flywheel still turns. So, you can jump off the bike in case of emergency or take a few second brakes whenever you want, without having to wait for the flywheel to stop.
ANCHEER Resistance Technology:
- Ancheer exercise bike has a magnetic resistance system.
- There are 8 resistance levels adjustable via a knob located below the handlebars.
- The Ancheer magnetic stationary exercise bike comes with manually knob adjustment system (not electronically).
- Resistance system along with the flywheel has a sweat protection cover.
- There is no emergency braking system on this model.
This upright bike by Ancheer has 8 levels of magnetic resistance system. It is silent and virtually maintenance-free which makes it perfect for at home workouts. You can exercise on the bike at any time of the day without disturbing your family. Because unlike friction system, the magnets don’t come in contact with the flywheel, therefore, there is no annoying noise, wear and tear.
While the 8 levels of resistance create a challenging workout for beginners and senior users, it is not enough for those with higher fitness level and pro riders.
Unfortunately, the Ancheer resistance is also manually adjustable which is not as precise and convenient as electromagnetic and it’s usually found in cheaper bikes.
In fact, the lack of precise resistance change is the reason, this bike goes from easy to difficult within 8 resistance levels while an electromagnetic bike goes from easy to difficult within 20 levels of resistance. Electromagnetic system changes the resistance naturally, gradually, and smoothly. Also, the Smart electromagnetic system automatically controls the resistance to mimic the terrain/built-in workout programs (uphill, downhill, flat road, etc).
Note: Unless you are willing to spend $400, don’t buy the upright bikes with “electromagnetic” resistance technology because they are cheaply made and require frequent maintenance. The only upright bike under $500 with “electromagnetic” technology that I recommend is the Nautilus U616. Search for it in our website.
ANCHEER Upright Bike Drive System:
- Ancheer magnetic upright bike is poly-v belt driven.
- It is quiet and requires little maintenance.
- Includes a high speed, high inertia drive system flywheel for easy start-up and smooth, consistent workouts.
- The gear ratio is not disclosed.
- It has a high-quality belt and a durable belt box.
If you have been reading our Ancheer magnetic upright bike review from the beginning, you already know this stationary bike is belt driven. But let’s see why it is better than chain drive bikes.
Belt system doesn’t have hundreds of tiny rings, pins, plates, and rollers like a chine do. Therefore, it has less maintenance and lasts longer. But that is not the only benefit of belt-driven upright bikes.
Featuring belt makes the bike quieter and eliminates the need for oiling. And if the belt is high quality like the one this bike is equipped with, it doesn’t slip, tear or stretch. So, you don’t need to deal with adjustment tools every day.
Looking at the 12-pound flywheel, I believe this Ancheer exercise bike has a relatively high-gear ratio which means the flywheel turns faster but with less intensity and momentum, especially the very first seconds of exercise.
If you prefer a lower gear ratio system with more momentum and intensity, I recommend you pick a model with a heavier flywheel. But if you prefer a higher gear ratio flywheel which has an easy fast startup, this bike should be fine.
Handlebars and Seat:
- Multiple grip possibilities for the handlebars so you can hone in on specific muscle groups to workout more comfortably.
- Fully adjustable seat making it possible for people of most body sizes between 5’1″ – 6’3″ to comfortably exercise.
- Stainless steel seat post.
- Handlebars are fixed (cannot be tilted).
- This Ancheer upright bike includes built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars.
Designed for comfort, the Ancheer magnetic stationary bike features an adjustable seat that moves fore and aft as well as up and down so that many trainees can acquire a safe custom fit.
The seat is curved, cushioned and wide to reduce pressure during longer rides. It is a comfortable seat and rare to find on budget bikes.
Additionally, this stationary bike features high-quality knob adjustment system. They tighten nicely, so you don’t need to worry about the bike jostling during intense workouts.
As I mentioned earlier in this magnetic stationary bike review, the seat is soft padded and comfortable to support the long rides. So, when you buy the Ancheer bike, you don’t necessarily need to spend on seat cover or seat replacement. However, if you want to change the seat, the replacements are widely available on the market because this bike uses the standard seat clamp size.
One of the main cons of this budget upright bike is its fixed handlebar that prevent the riders to have a more comfortable customized ride.
Price and Warranty:
- Ancheer indoor bike price is around $250.
- This Ancheer exercise bike includes a residential warranty:
- 1-Year on the frame and all the parts.
- This bike doesn’t come with a labor warranty.
- To order parts under warranty you can contact the seller through Amazon messages or through this customer service email: email@example.com.
Depending on where you buy this Ancheer upright bike the price might be different. On Amazon U.S, you can purchase the ancheer magnetic bike for under $250.
On Amazon U.S. you may also find this Ancheer bike discounted or even second hand sometimes, but that doesn’t happen often since there is a high demand for this budget bike.
This Ancheer stationary bike comes with one year warranty for the entire bike which is not bad at all for an upright bike at this price point, especially considering some competitors with an only 90-day warranty.
Shipping and Assembly:
- The Ancheer manual and assembly tools are included.
- Ancheer assembly is fairly easy with only a few parts to install.
- Set-up time is only about 20-30 minutes because the unit arrives mostly assembled.
- This bike includes free shipping in the U.S.
- This magnetic upright bike ships in one box that weighs around 70 pounds.
- Expert assembly is not included.
The Ancheer bike comes with free shipping and in one box that weighs around 70lbs. You can ask the carrier to help bring the bike inside or unbox the bike outside and bring inside in tow pieces.
Aside from the bike, there are the Ancheer upright stationary bike assembly tools and manual in the box. So, you wouldn’t need to buy, borrow or use other tools for the assembly of D808 bike.
The Ancheer upright bike comes about 80% assembled, which helps you save $70 on the assembly cost. The remaining assembly is relatively straightforward but might still take you 30 minutes.
The Assembly manual is very easy to follow as long as you pay attention to detail and have little mechanical common sense. It is recommended to do the assembly with 2 people.
The parts that you need to assembly are leg stabilizers, pedals, seat, handlebars and computer. The flywheel, drive mechanism and crank arms come pre-assembled.
ANCHEER Upright Bike Pros:
Belt driven system:
This Ancheer upright bike with magnetic resistance guarantees a smooth, natural feel and workout experience easy on the joints. The belt driven system helps create a quiet and low-maintenance workout. Unlike chain-driven bikes, this exercise bike’s drive system doesn’t require lubing so your gym floor and clothes are always clean.
Although lacking in advance features, this Ancheer indoor stationary bike is built with the user comfort in mind with a fully adjustable padded seat, multi-grip curved handlebars, and tablet holder within an arm’s reach.
ANCHEER stationary bike includes a 4-way adjustable seat so you can set up the bike for comfortable exercise.
ANCHEER magnetic bike tracks rider’s heart rate “HR” via built-in pulse sensors on the handlebars. Knowing your HR is an important factor, especially if your doctor advises you to stay within a certain HR range. Also looking at the heart rate, you can understand which exercise zone you are. For, example 100-120 beat per minute indicates you are in health improvement zone while 120-150 beat per minute indicates you are in the fitness zone (fat burning zone).
- Durable transport wheels for easy indoor portability.
- Integrated tablet holder keeps your mobile device secure and at eye level during workouts.
- Magnetic resistance supports a silent, smooth and unhindered pedaling motion.
- 4-Way adjustable seat makes it easy for multiple people to enjoy the same fitness machine.
- This bike is super easy to assemble.
- Multi-grip handlebars provide a comfortable exercise for riders.
- Equipped with a sturdy steel frame and crank system that support up to 300 pounds user weight.
ANCHEER Upright Bike Cons:
The console is fairly basic and comes without built-in workout programs, backlight, speakers, USB charging ports, user profile, ANT/+ or Bluetooth connectivity. This type of monitor at this price point is not too unusual.
This bike doesn’t have the leveling feet which means if your floor is not leveled, the bike will not be stable. This feature allows you to simply turn the leveler to match the floor in order to have the machine remain level without wobbling.
The handlebars on this exercise bike are fixed. They don’t tilt forward and backward to allow for multiple users to ride the exercise bike with a customized fit.
Ancheer upright exercise bike comes with 8 resistance levels while other exercise bikes have a wider range with 20-25 levels to gradually change the resistance from easy to medium and difficult. Another drawback is that the Ancheer upright bike comes with manually adjustable resistance which means resistance change is not as precise and smooth as an electromagnetic system.
- No Bluetooth or ANT/+ connectivity to allow set, track and monitor your progress on the fitness apps.
- No built-in programs to do interval training, weight loss or cardio health training.
- SingleTrack LCD which means if you place a tablet on the media shelf, you won’t be able to track the workout because the tablet will cover the bike’s LCD monitor.
- There are no entertainment options such as built-in speakers, MP3 input Or USB port to charge your phone/tablet while exercising and listening to music.
- It doesn’t have cooling fans to keep you going during summer longer rides.
- The console is not telemetry enabled (not compatible with wireless chest strap).
Last Word on the ANCHEER Magnetic Exercise Bike:
If you go with the ANCHEER indoor upright bike, you can save up to $200 over similar models from other brands such as this L-Now upright bike. It’s the budget-conscious choice and while it’s a fairly basic bike, the 1-year warranty and 300-Lbs take things up a notch.
The ANCHEER magnetic stationary bike is ideal for beginners who desire an affordable bike that will last, but it’s not for someone who is looking for adjustable features or highly customizable options on the bike itself.
We would recommend the ANCHEER upright indoor exercise bike as a great entry-level upright bike for seniors as well as novice trainees.
Note: The ANCHEER magnetic resistance stationary bike lacks some adjustable features like an adjustable handlebar, adjustable base levelers, etc. which can be a problem for some people who want to customize their exercise experience.
A few other features this model lacks is a backlight, programs, built-in console cooling fan, built-in speakers, and the ability to monitor your heart rate wirelessly.
The ANCHEER magnetic resistance exercise bike is built for comfort and convenience with an ergonomically-sound design, oversized pedals, and a maintenance-free poly-V belt system to eliminate noise and friction. It’s great that Ancheer offers a console option to its users so that you can see your performance, but the console is lacking in a few areas, mainly with some basic amenities like backlit, built-in workouts, speakers, and a cooling fan. And while the handlebar is curved for comfort, it is fixed with no option to adjust/tilt. Overall as long as it is around $200, we highly recommend it. But if by the time you are reading this review the price goes up, leave a comment and we get back to you with better value bikes.